Need help on Civic 92-95

ericcky

I plan to buy a honda Civic 1992-1995. (preferrably EG6 :biggrin: :biggrin: )
Before I buy,can anyone out there tell me

1. the car condition that you all are/were having?? (its a 12-15 yr old car still goin strong?? door panel fell off yet :biggrin: )

2. How much is the market value for normal civic of those years and how much is an EG6 now??

I'm relatively new to Honda cars.. so I thank you all for all the advices you all can give.. thanks!!!

Well in my books ..one really good decision....i used to own 1 but converted to EG6 but some how the original seems to be better. The fittings dont seem to be falling out and such but condition really depends on the owner. Prices will definetly vary with the amount modded. I just sold mine at 25K but accept the fact that anything between 20K - 30K would be the price. Maybe an EG6 could creep up a bit and if you are looking for a loan, it could be tricky. Importantly look for rust spots(under door panels) and if accident or sambung car....get a trusted mechanic to help you out...i m sure sifus here have referrals...regards

hmmm.. actually if i manage to buy one it will be my 1st owned car... so there is quite a bit i dunno bout buying cars... was hoping all the sifus will not only teach me bout hondas but also the art of buying 2nd hand cars..

black mamba: ur advise is very timely... i was thinking bout how am i going to bring the car to a mechanic.. hahaha.. some owners might think u have a plot for their car, or is it a natural to bring it toa mechanic before a transaction is done?? hahahah... sorrry really sound like a stupid question... hee:stupid: :stupid:

and if i'm not mistaken its a must to go puspakom and let them do some checking right?? :confused:

now a days, to buy a car not only we have to know wat car we want and wat it can do... we also need to be very careful huh?...thanks for all the patience by all of u..

thank u!

just my short advice,buying an eg espcially eg6/eg9 is worth for money...i owned one,never give me a headache,bought last 3 years ago,overall still in good cond even a small part such a panel button...very enjoyable indeed

OH@!!!! more good reviews to fuel me to get one!!!!! :) thank u... now the tricky part left is the loan and jpj stuffs i guess

i've been doing some read ups... and i found tat there are ppl mod-ing their EGs with 4.785 gearbox and exedy clutch... wat are those??? racing spec gears??? is it stil good for everyday driving? hehehhe:burnout:

ericcky, for starters, budget for a B16A swap, and required maintainance, having 140whp (around there, at worst) also means it's a lot faster than other cars on the road, so do it slowly, and ensure the power is within your limits to handle, not to mention within your budget. If you got converted EG6, there's still a need for overhaul.

I have just broke through 100K mileage (about 200K kilometers on the meter, including mileage on the h/cut), and there's only slight compression loss on cyclinder one (just found out today) 160 vs. 210-220 on the others.

Fixing would cost quite a tiny bit, so these are the things you should be considering when you buy a second hand car, repairs will come, sooner or later.

Still, I never regretted buying an EG, it's cheap, it's reliable, and properly maintained, it's one of the cheapest budget fast cars you can buy.

wow!!! thanks.. ya, i'm afraid of the mantainance work after i've bought it... cause old ppl always say jap car spare parts dun come by too easily... and u explaining ur loss of pressure in ur cylinders was a lil too over for me. but thank u for the knowledge. will learn more...

can any1 tel me... how am i going to get puspakom inspection??? jus drive there and they wil handle o is there TONNES of stupid paperwork to do and waiting?? dun wan to find out the car i bought was 'sambung-ed', very dangerous they say..

its rather easy...if u r buying cash....its all in order...go there fill up the forms...make sure you have all the documents.....reg card, insurance, just in case...ur n seller details...then they will instruct u to go pay RM30....then go to the first lane(cash buyers only)...not very long wait....make sure the car no tint at all...if got tear it out..later can put back...too lowered also cannot...the is a 3-4 inch barricade on the floor...i could hear it scrapping the bottom of my car...thats abt it...for a bank loan check, i think they call it 10point check ...a bit more comprhensive but the first one should help you get a legal car...then once done change name at jpj..straight go to half cut....hahaha...anyways if u r looking for 1, my fren has a 1.3 EG3 for sale...car is nice...fella in KL...can give u the number if u want to look....

wow!!! thanks.. ya, i'm afraid of the mantainance work after i've bought it... cause old ppl always say jap car spare parts dun come by too easily... and u explaining ur loss of pressure in ur cylinders was a lil too over for me. but thank u for the knowledge. will learn more...

can any1 tel me... how am i going to get puspakom inspection??? jus drive there and they wil handle o is there TONNES of stupid paperwork to do and waiting?? dun wan to find out the car i bought was 'sambung-ed', very dangerous they say..

new spares are easy to come by but they're on the expensive side for most people, it's the second hand parts that's harder to source nowadays.

As for sambunged, you can opt for JPJ/Puspakom inspection, or have a good mechanic you trust take a look sambung'ed cars have tell tale signs under the rubber seals at the door, so most people who have experience can tell if the car has been 'possibly' sambunged or not.

well mine is a bank loan for sure i dun have 30k of cash to splash out.. not a rich bugger:bawling: .. anyways.. EG3 eh... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... any photos to see...

Puspakom so leceh one ar... if i try buy some fully mod EG then hard la.. sure here and there need to change jus to pass their test... i hate doing all the red tape 'leceh-ness' thing...

Thanks for the tip Black Mamba... u've been a great help... any more advice to give me.. hehehe... this whole buying 2nd hand car... sign the green card thing is totally a new thing for me.. heheh thanks again all~

Just borrow a stock airbox, and use a quiet muffler, and you should pass the inspection easily.

I passed with a stock airbox and a Border304Max with silencer.. :P

thanks shiroitenshi... i jus dun like the leceh leceh stuff.. cause as u noe we're all working and all.. taking time out o using off days to do red tapes and protocols isnt wat i shud do on off days.. ahahhaha... well.. ur suggestion i will sure take in to account...

another question a lil off topic... does a 4 door EK has the same engine as an EK 9??? o a 4 door EK isnt called an EK at all... confusing? in short wats the diff between 4 door EK and 2 door except for the obvious doors mising...heehe haha hahaha... sorry... thanks for the help..

EK9 and the 4 door EK4 has different engines, B16B vs. B16A. A local spec EK is usually EJx,

The full spec EK4 has electric adj. seats, among other fancy things. The EK9 is more 'bare' in a sense, but has more 'sporty' items like bucket seats, etc.. then again, that's only if you bought a full spec EK9, not a converted one.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom