My review on kumho ku36, and toyo r1r.

sifu,

i heard 1 xpert driver said he prefer t1r, if play2 at genting touge, said this tyrd wet n drh also gud...
seg? 20v? wana yam cah sometimes? we have lots of common interest here bro.

yes yes, i also vouch for GY Asy2 and Asy1.......... excellent tyres given you dont track em....

Interesting thread, i am curious to feel the response of your car based on your setup on first post. Must be fun to whack around lolz.

where to find kumho ku36 these days? many shops dont carry it anymore.. or it is out of production?

recently changed to r1r. first impression it is extremely bumpier than normal road tyres LOL
no matter how soft i set my suspension to be, it is still bumpy as hell

where to find kumho ku36 these days? many shops dont carry it anymore.. or it is out of production?

recently changed to r1r. first impression it is extremely bumpier than normal road tyres LOL

Those are extreme tyres mah! Don't expect too much comfort from them if they are meant for the tracks....:driver:

yup its true, sidewall definitely hard, no diff with ku36.... i feel ku36 even harder than r1r... maybe u can play with the pressure a bit but wont change much la... put 32psi will feel a bit softer but will sacrifice the thread shoulder faster due to soft compund (botak tepi).... i previously put 39-40 psi (cold) and the tyres last longer if u daily drive.....fyi.

yup its true, sidewall definitely hard, no diff with ku36.... i feel ku36 even harder than r1r... maybe u can play with the pressure a bit but wont change much la... put 32psi will feel a bit softer but will sacrifice the thread shoulder faster due to soft compund (botak tepi).... i previously put 39-40 psi (cold) and the tyres last longer if u daily drive.....fyi.

Wah! hard sidewall plus 40psi means your ride super bumpy....:banghead:

most sidewall hard tyre, lets say if u pump air less than 32, like federal 595 rsr, te sidewall will easily koyak.......if u pump >32 psi......u will feel very bumpy / hard when use in typical malaysia public road.....

some more if u pump high psi.....its going to be very dangerouse drive fast in public road coz less grip in those cornering wif bumpy road n sand,.....

or u can use te combination of......this type of tyre wif original suspension......just share 1cents.....

just an example,.... those touge genting enthusiast......saturday night....some of them said pump 30psi for their tyre ad08 195/55/15.....more grip...bcoz...they said after some distance....tyre pressure will goes up....

on normal day they will pump 32 psi....

previously i tried 30 front and rear. can see the tyres look like puncture already, the side wall folded a little bit. definitely will makan side if drive with that air pressure.. thats y now pump up higher. much better.. comfort wise no difference to me, since r1r is already bumpy. so whatever pressure also not much of difference in comfort haha

r1r oso u already complaining bumpy as hell... lagi mau KU36? KU36 has even harder sidewalls hahahahhahaha

actually ive heard people complaining saying the R1R has soft sidewalls too.

r1r oso u already complaining bumpy as hell... lagi mau KU36? KU36 has even harder sidewalls hahahahhahaha

actually ive heard people complaining saying the R1R has soft sidewalls too.

errrrr one of them is me la boss..... hahahaha.....

well if u re used to stiff as hell fully adjustable settings.... full bucket seat, chassis bracings, race bushes and all.... then the only thing that could complement these setup will be super stiff sidewalls with super soft compound.... match made in heaven....:biggrin:

previously i tried 30 front and rear. can see the tyres look like puncture already, the side wall folded a little bit. definitely will makan side if drive with that air pressure.. thats y now pump up higher. much better.. comfort wise no difference to me, since r1r is already bumpy. so whatever pressure also not much of difference in comfort haha

Get 2 sets. One for daily drive, one for track play....:biggrin:

Yes even on track, time attacker will go for lower pressure for better grip.

Still have to set properly. Too little it will drag the car too..

yup agree, and must monitor/adjust again maybe after 7-10 laps depending on weather n track temp... as air heats up, so will the increase in psi...

slowly, ur will see more n more people use 15 inch tyre.......Y......cheaper interm of price.....easy to get performance tyre.....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom