My RD1 fuel tank is backflushing

Cow

1,000 RPM
I can never pump petrol by just leaving the nozzle there. Because once it is full some petrol will just flush out.

So now everytime I wanna pump I'd have to control the nozzle myself.

Any tib owners experienced this?

And what's the fix?

hi,

i just got my car last week. It also happens to me on the 1st day it self. really don't know why it can happen. Anyone got any solution?

I always leave the nozzel there, just put the the lowest trigger which the fuel go in at smallest amount at 1 time, which solve the issue mention above.

our coupe fuel inlet has a unique design where there is a seconday flap door inside it. Normally the nozzle will push it open when you insert it. Could it be that the flap door is not functioning well? or maybe the breather hole got stuck?

Ace: yea i think the breather hole is stuck or something.

if i'm not mistaken, to rectify this the whole fuel tank must be removed.. @_@

Ace is right, the flap door design, is not there even most modern car design. Hyundai really pay a lot of afford to design this car.

facing this prob as well....just started recently like 3 months ago...before that it was alrite

sure thang...back to topic..anyone knows how 2 fix this prob ?
happened to me today again the petrol thingie

gumball,
I thought you got it fixed by your last post? Anyway, I just impress with the design hyundai willing to go at (the flap door). The breather hole can just clear by using the air jet nozzle like to mechanic cleaning our engine part.

Emm... I pumped full tank early this month and my Coupe doesn't seem to have such problem.

I do have this problem long time ago till now, some station pump is very power full, so b4 the pump stop but the petro already overflow, so try to pump at the lower speed. Or if many ppl pumping petro at the same time at a station, than u can go for the full speed to pump, b'coz all ppl using tha pump at the same time, the full speed can go down to as low as low speed. Get what I mean?

I do not face this problem b4...recently i pump at 1 shell station at highway....can notice the pumping speed very fast....then it happens

then should preset a range of price or liter. this should solved the problem. Anyway, one shouldn't pump the fuel up to the max that almost spill out. Its not advisable.

Agree with Ace. Pump til full will be enough but don't overflow it!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom