~Motor Insurance Corner~ Anything & Everything About It !

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Old & outdated mentality, companies run by old farts who just wants to keep pocketing the profits :listen: while complaining motor insurance business is a losing business :thefinger: .

Infact, older cars are probably less prone to accidents because the owners have a passion for it, takes better care of it.. inturn becomes a better driver because of our passion for our cars. How many accidents are caused by driver error compared to malfunctioning vehicles (which, if any, caused by neglect by the owners themselves)

I did a simple survey at my office, asking those who have bought new car within the last 2 years; if they even know how to change a flat tire; the answer..a unsurprising NO. Some even said they have NEVER seen the spare tire :banghead:

Of course, I am not concluding all new drivers are dumb.. :smokin:
There used to be spare tyres, then space saver, nowadays some cars really do not have spare tyres, as they are running on Run Flats.....:rofl:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
There used to be spare tyres, then space saver, nowadays some cars really do not have spare tyres, as they are running on Run Flats.....:rofl:
I don't carry spare tyre. I cannot afford run flat. I just carry a tyre patch kit and a portable pump in the trunk that's all.:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't carry spare tyre. I cannot afford run flat. I just carry a tyre patch kit and a portable pump in the trunk that's all.:biggrin:
Good leh! Exactly what my friend did for his Beemer that comes with runflat. Runflats too expensive, bumpy and no so good grip, so he opt for normal performance tyres, then carry repair kit in the boot....:driver:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
For my previous car, Kurnia was my car insurance. Their Kurnia Express service is, in principle, the best out there. If your car is involved in an accident, make a police report within 24 hours (like usual), then within 7 days, report to Kurnia Express. They would evaluate your car damages within 1 hour, and if the total repair is less than RM3,000, you will get a cheque for the repairing the car. All this within 1 hour!

You actually claim from your own insurance, so you lose your NCD, but once you get the case outcome (Keputusan Kes) and you are not at fault, go back to Kurnia Express, and they will give you back your NCD.

So, I have actually made a profit out of my car accidents. I was once given a cheque for RM900 for repairs by Kurnia, but when I went to the workshop, they only quoted me less than RM500, so I came away with RM400 to spare.

Kurnia Express started off well, but I think abuses in the system, made Kurnia Express increasingly worse. They would change their criteria without telling anyone. For instance, it used to be that we must report to Kurnia within 7 days of the accident. They change that to 3 days without informing any of their policy holders.

Their 1-hour service soon stretched to 2-3 hours. They also expect us to be a runner. They need us to obtain the JPJ details on the person who hit us. JPJ used to release this information for a small fee, but now, JPJ would not release it for whatever reason or fee. I had informed Kurnia about this, but Kurnia still insisted I get the details from JPJ!

So, I lost my 55% NCD. I had to write a letter to Kurnia CEO, Capt. Chia, before my NCD was given back to me.

I think Kurnia is one of the worst car insurance to have. Their Kurnia Towing service is also bad. I had a car breakdown once, and I called them and they sent one bad mood man who only stood around while I had to call people to help me to push my car. So, it made me wonder why this so-called Kurnia man is around. He did nothing to help except to call a tow truck (which I could have done myself).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My wife's cousin sister works in an insurance firm and yes according to her, motor insurance to them, they are making losses that is why they have raise the premium, make it hard for 3rd party insurance, loading for old cars and so on.....:mad:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Kurnia is the worst paymaster in history!

From day one its a very very difficult to claim insurance company...

But when you want to pay your premium its super express...

So try to avoid bad insurance paymasters...

Saves you a lot of time and headache and heartache as well....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
a fren told me old cars have loading coz if let say u hit a benz clk 4 example, if it's minor, can anyone tell me how much a paint job be for it:hmmmm::biggrin:. btw insurans r ur forced saving so to speak, the down part is u cannot get it back C.O.D loorrr, even total lost is a lost, at least there is sumthing that u can use to restart the cycle loorrr:biggrin: sifu's correct me if i'm wrong:adore::adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What is this thread about?

And why is it under "Car Crimes and Security"?

I'll move this to somewhere more appropriate if this isn't security/crime related

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is this thread about?

And why is it under "Car Crimes and Security"?

I'll move this to somewhere more appropriate if this isn't security/crime related
Probably thought more for the car being stolen than accident.....:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Today I saw a bill board ad saying that Takaful Insurance is giving a 15% rebate for non claim customers...

Does this mean that even a motorist entitled 55% NCB will get additional 15% off ?

Wow this works out to be a hefty 70% rebate !

A premium used to be costing RM1,000 after discount only RM300 is payable ?

Sounds too good to be true isnt it?

Can anyone verify this?:confused::alberteinstein:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Today I saw a bill board ad saying that Takaful Insurance is giving a 15% rebate for non claim customers...

Does this mean that even a motorist entitled 55% NCB will get additional 15% off ?

it could be 15% amount paid for current premium, let say u got 55% ncd & only pay let say 200 so 15%X200 just like shopping 20%+10% that means 100-20%=80-10%=72 not direct 100-30%=70, see the difference:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it could be 15% amount paid for current premium, let say u got 55% ncd & only pay let say 200 so 15%X200 just like shopping 20%+10% that means 100-20%=80-10%=72 not direct 100-30%=70, see the difference:biggrin:
Yup, is 55% off then 15% off the balance which is not a full 55 +15% off the first total...

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Probably they are giving an additional 5% only as the insurance company I am buying from is giving additional 10% rebate for buying direct from them, so is 55% + 10%....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, bro,
im newbie here,
but just want to inform all the members,my just got smashed at bangsar last two days.They just managed to take out my apex boostmeter and the rsm in the early morning around 5 am.Beware of this guy in bangsar area they just looking for the meters on the dash.in the incident they smashed the drivers window.
Beware of this mother f**king buggers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience