Mod MB 123W

tj84

Hei guys, i own a 1979 Mercedes 123 model. Well lets say its a old gentlemen car, but unfortunately, i m a gentelmen,but VERY MUCH YOUNG, DUDE i m in early 20's. Seriously that car is beautiful. mean the comfort of riding, and i pity anyone who comes and bang me, cuz the body is rock solid. From experience. Anyways, my problem is with the petrol and pick up. i wanna improve the car performance. Someone suggested me to use the weber twin carb, but it will ruin my consumption of petrol. I really dont know much about car mod, let alone operate it myself. Know a bit here and there. So any one of us experience with modifying merz performances..? similar engine with 123,>??? do let me know..very urgently .

Is your car a manual?

If you are not looking to turbo the car you can put in a bigger engine from another Merc. Like the 260E or the 300E from the W124. A friend did put in a 190E 2.3-16v Cosworth. he said the power was good but in the end he put in a Skyline engine so that he can more ooomph! I have driven the 300E and it's nice! If you have a manual you can get those engines and put it in with no problems. Mountings and all should not be a problem. But remember that just because it is a Merc those halfcut shops will try to give cut throat prices so have to haggle to the max. I think that with those engines and it's fuel injection, should give you even better milage and fuel consumption.

79' 123 , thats nice
2500cc?
is it using a solex caburator ?
me have a solex carb too, my is first five.....

Top Bottom