MINE'S ECU tuner recommendations

stormlcc

500 RPM
Hi guys, anyone here knows how to tune MINE'S ECU for RB20det engine with RB25 turbine? or anyone knows any programmer who does it? Need to tune it for giving sufficient fuel to the engine in higher rpm...

hmmm, not sure if you can tune the ECU unless its a re-programmable one.
For stock RB20 ECU's you can re write the EPROM, but i think the best solution for you is to get a SAFC. Its the easiest thing to do, you can tune your fueling to your specific needs. If you get the SAFC2, it allows 2 different maps so you can have one rich map for hard driving and another for economy daily drive...hehe personally I'd go for the SAFC1, looks much better, its cheaper and easier to toggle with.
Btw, ensure that you have an uprated fuel pump to manage the higher flow.

cheers

you not even able to duplicate the MINES VX ROM ECU
i try before.
cannot read the data at all

yup
friend got eeprom eraser and duplicator
Can read almost all the chipped ECU except the MINES ECU
MINES ECU you need to read it via full nissan consult only

oih yea. by the way location is US not locally
i send my ECU pursposely for duplicated and reprogrammed it

wah cmng...all the way to US! here can do oso mah...just have to build the reader. Although i dont know anyone who has attempted tht here....heheh can get aftermarket ecu easily maybe thats why. Eprom eraser very easy...open ecu cover an expose the eprom chip to sunlight...presto! One mechanic made the mistake of trying to 'dry' out an ecu that kena water and he completely erased the Eprom because of the UV light ...heheh

check out this link...:
http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2/

hahahahha! a31gtst, i know exactly who you are referring to!

Storm, no way man... also when you buy an ECU like that you have to be sure of a lot of things such as the injectors, cams, fuel pump, turbine, ekujoz, intercooler etc of the car it came from... else you are just asking for trouble. Eg if that ECU came from a car with larger injectors then the ECU will be running them at a lower duty cycle - you might end up running extra lean and blow your engine.... i'd be very cautious if i were you. I tried one of these Mine's ECUs before. Plugged it in and ran my car on a dyno - the A/F map was way off and I got a very jagged curve indicating that the fuelling was way way way off! Again - use with caution.

zephuros said:
Storm, no way man... also when you buy an ECU like that you have to be sure of a lot of things such as the injectors, cams, fuel pump, turbine, ekujoz, intercooler etc of the car it came from... else you are just asking for trouble. Eg if that ECU came from a car with larger injectors then the ECU will be running them at a lower duty cycle - you might end up running extra lean and blow your engine.... i'd be very cautious if i were you. I tried one of these Mine's ECUs before. Plugged it in and ran my car on a dyno - the A/F map was way off and I got a very jagged curve indicating that the fuelling was way way way off! Again - use with caution.

hi, zephuros, if I'm facing what you are saying, should I change my ECU back to standard one? or should I buy an SAFC to tune my fuel ratio? Do I need a fuel pressure regulator?

zephy,
hope ya ex-tomei black ecu can support rb26dett r33 cams, just bought em, hehehe

stormlcc:
What mods other than the turbine have you done to your engine? If its just turbine and fuel pump then you could try putting your stock ecu back and hook up an SAFC. If you dont have an Air/Fuel ratio meter i'd suggest you get one as this will help in tuning the SAFC, if you can get your hands on a wide band one that would be more accurate.

Take it for a few runs and tune the SAFC, if you dont have an Air/Fuel ratio meter you can also go do a Dyno tune...that way you can try both ecu's and see which one gives optimum performance. A fuel regulator would be a good upgrade, if you can get a rising rate one that would be best.

GSR_Freak:
Wah got the GTR cams liao..how does it feel? how's the idle leh? I know the R32 GTR ones idle slightly rough on the RB20. Dude, go get adj cam pulleys...then you can adj and get the best out of the cams...Hehe, go dyno man, i'm curious how many ponies the white stallion is pushing.

Cheers

Re-program Mine ECU

stormlcc said:
Hi guys, anyone here knows how to tune MINE'S ECU for RB20det engine with RB25 turbine? or anyone knows any programmer who does it? Need to tune it for giving sufficient fuel to the engine in higher rpm...

:cool: Contact Exodus MotorSport @ 03-5637 4233. they have done tis 4 few RB20 n 26 o'ready.

a31gtst,

I'm running on stock RB20 engine with RB25 turbine.

Force Performance,

thanks for the tip, i'll try them out

cool, i was running the same setup before with a stock R32 ecu and a SAFC.
I once tried putting on zephuros' TOMEI ecu and a MINES ecu and felt that the power i got from the stock ecu with SAFC was much better. Its very subjective but since most of the internals are stock try the stock ecu option out.

cheers

jay,
bought only, havent install it yet, waiting to get a pair of cam pulley, heard arospeed/autobags sells adj cam pulley for rb20, dunno whether is alumn type or stainless steel and not sure is recommended or not, am not getting those HKS purple kaler too expensive, or might get another sets of stock rb20 cam, and re-machine it to adj pulley, any recommendation? once the cam is installed, tuned with the adj cam pulley, with the 1.0 bar boost hks actuator, will call you up and go for a dyno run, see hows the result is. ohh jay, might need your help to bring me and my cousin to zero lim's workshop by jan 2006, wanna check them out.

storm, try what a31gtst recommended first, since you got the mines already and the stock ecu, get the safc blue screen, rpm range to 8krpm is sufficient enough already.
and i thought the first gen safc blue screen, can switch between 2 map?

gsr_freak:
get a spare set of ori cam pulley and send to machine shop to mod, not as light as the aftermarket alumn ones but it does the same thing. Once you install the cams i'd suggest for you not to run continuosly on 1bar, the turbine wont handle the beating for long and you will experience boost creep now and then so it can be dangerous.
Let me know when youre free to go to checkout wkshop no problem..btw Zero is in Japan for a month so maybe next month is more suitable
SAFC only has one map, SAFCII has 2 maps and additional knock reading

cheers

any idea how much would machine charge for machining the pulley? if with the cams and cam pulley tuned, what is your recommendation boost level should i go, i mean you been running with that setup quite a while already. will pm you for your number later on, is there anyway we can strengthen or change the turbine wheel to some other material that can take the beating and spool as fast as the ceramic?

Its not that expensive but you need a sample so you have to get your hands on one adj one 1st. send to machine shop with the sample and get a quote, i cant really say how much..but it far less then what an aftermarket one would cost.

Up to you how much you want to boost, its just that RB20/25 turbines wont last long beyond 1bar. hehehe i know one fello wth rb20 using rb25 turbine...he whack until nothing there...no intake fin, no compressor fin, no shaft...nothing..just housing only!

you can either re-build or go get a ball bearing turbine, see your budget lar but either way its sure costly so best you jaga your current turbo till you can save some cash.

uhh so bro, running anything like 0.9-1bar is safe? i know the turbine wont last long after 1 bar, thats what dino told me, with the cams and cam pulley tuned and running at 1bar boost max, is still safe la right? thats all i need to know. wah since rebuilding so expensive, just drop it, rather get a 2.4cc block, i might check out the arospeed, heard they produce adj cam pulley, cause no idea where to get some 1 to loan me an adj cam pulley as a sample to the machine shop

its all very subjective, you have to take into part the condition of the turbine and what sort of internals and hp the engine is pushing. Basically the stock RB20/25 turbines can take up to 1 bar yes but not for long...of course you can run it at 0.9bar but if you continously drive it hard it wont last you either. After putting in the cams just try out different boost settings and see works best for you ler, dont forget to take into part boost creeping.

Adj cam pulley, erm yea guess if you can find a good value buy then go ahead but personally i wouldnt trust anything other then the ori one and well known aftermarket ones.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom