[?]: Matt black paint

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
subversiv,
the panel beater in my area quoted rm800 for the exterior to spray black without clear coat...the thing is i don't know how to say in cantonese 'matte black'! hahah. so i keep telling him black without clear coat. :P

anyone can post a colour chart or something? cause online i can only find html colour charts.

SubVerSiv

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
subversiv,
the panel beater in my area quoted rm800 for the exterior to spray black without clear coat...
Haha... I can imagine the panel beater fella's face when you told him that you wanna spray your whole car flat black!

I was quoted RM800 for interior and exterior of my car. But please beware, flat black paint is very easy to be diluted off your car's surface. Contact with thinner or even fuel can dilute the flat black paint.

The very reason why clear coat were sprayed is, apart from making your car look shinier, is to protect the paint's surface. It's called coat anyway... a 2k job is actually paint + clear coat...

Maybe you can ask around how to paint your car the same colour as flat black helmets. I'm sure the panel beater guy knows about those flat black helmets... if you can find out what paint are used on the helmets, share it with us.

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
In cantonese, we called it 'nga hak' = matte black. Cheers..

whatdamn said:
subversiv,
the panel beater in my area quoted rm800 for the exterior to spray black without clear coat...the thing is i don't know how to say in cantonese 'matte black'! hahah. so i keep telling him black without clear coat. :P

anyone can post a colour chart or something? cause online i can only find html colour charts.

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
Whatdamn,

I, too, am interested in painting my Satria with flat black. This has been going on in my mind for months now. Whilst most ppl disagree with the idea, but for me, what the heck; I'm going for it. Post a pic when ur car is "stealthalized" :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unless you’re a rap star, a gangster from the ‘hood’, a super celebrity or just love the attention, please stick to your 18” OZ’s or whatever(they serve a purpose) or even 20” Avanti’s for your SUV or car. Ok, 22” are still acceptable but not this. 30” is huge and mind boggling but 40” !!?? I don’t know what to say, there are no words in my vocabulary. It’s not that I’m...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience