Market survey: turbo stock upgrade or aftermarket

bebolagalas T

500 RPM
Hello guy,
i plan to offer turbocharger upgrade for evo 4-10 (stock turbo upgrade). But i do want know wat evo's owner think about it.
my Upgrade option is:
1. Bigger compressor wheel td06-20g wheel (400 below)
2. Complete Turbine and compressor tdo6sl2-20g (400+)

price- donno yet but i consider it cheap
benifit- plug n play. No modification need
result- on data yes. Actual..no. Want to be my 1st customer give a call.. Haha

which one do y'll prefer? Can we discuss and share about it?

Aftermarket option;
1. Forced performance do offer this kind of upgrade but they utilized billet wheel (own design)-proven yet pricey. Bonus it plug n play
2. Aftermarket performance turbo.. Garrett,bep,bw..atp..ats..and many more.. A lot of option- maybe suitable for serius mooder or high horse application. May suit for somebody not everybody.

nice,bro...:wavey:
ofcoz the price tht reasonable y not??
i choose to upgrade my turbine... u have titanium compression wheel for evo6 turbo??

nice,bro...:wavey:
ofcoz the price tht reasonable y not??
i choose to upgrade my turbine... u have titanium compression wheel for evo6 turbo??

No bro i didnt have any Ti,or Mg Fin ...i suggest u find TME turbo's then u'll get wat u r looking for..

i only hv Al compressor fin with nice Inconel tURBINE WHEEL:nurse:

pm for the price.

1. NormalUpgrade
2. MaximumUpgrade

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 130
  • td06r.jpg
    td06r.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 174
  • hr 20g.jpg
    hr 20g.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
bro bebolagalas T...
can u pm me ur price for upgrade my evo6 turbine?

pm me the price for my e5 turbine upgrade,titanium fin.

bro, PM me the price for my EVO 7, i just need it below 400hp is fine for me. thanks

pm me also for evo3..what's the different btween normal upgrade and maximum upgrade??

pm me also for evo3..what's the different btween normal upgrade and maximum upgrade??

Bro.. Normal is by only Change the comp wheel to 20G wheel but the Maximum Upgrade i change the Turbine wheel that mean it totally td06 turbo no longer use the tdo5 wheel and comp wheel.

for staying below 400hp normal upgrade should be enough but if u r looking higher u need it Max!
the different between both upgrade is the spec of the turbo are different.
the price also diff.

this upgrade is a solution for those u want to maintain the originality of the engine bay :proud:or sleeper Killer..:hmmmm:

reliable workman ship and good customer service guys, no regrets in choosing them

free bump

Hi, I own a Saab 900 turbo, I wanted to bring it to performance upgrade, did any ppl known any good foreman that able to help me upgrade my Saab 900 turbo????

Re: Tuning HKS EVC 5

Garrett Turbos:

Garrett basically has two lines of turbos. The ancient, inefficient T series turbos and the new, modern, ball bearing GT series turbos.

T family has T22, T25, T3, T350, To4B, To4E, TS04, To4R ...These are 50 year old, WWII generation turbos.
The newer line of GT turbos are ball bearing on journal and thrust bearing. The turbine and compressor wheels are improvely aerodynamically to flow more air. GT20, GT22, GT25, GT30, GT35, GT40, GT45, GT50... GT turbos produce slightly more hp then older T series turbos with the same number designation. A GT Garrett turbine wheel wil flow more air than similar sized Greddy turbine wheel. Thus GT turbos are able to boost higher and flow more.

Turbonetics and many domestic makers turbos based on T series turbos. A T3/To4E 60 T .63A/R is a hybrid turbo with T3 turbine, To4E compressor, 60 Trim compressor wheel and .63 A/R turbine housing.

Wheel "trim" refers to the squared ratio of the smaller diameter divided by the larger diameter times 100. Generally, the larger the trim number the more flow the wheel has.

For compressor wheels , larger trim tends to mean slightly lower efficiency.

For "families" of turbine wheels (those with the same inducer diameter), larger trim usually means better flow with less backpressure but longer spool time.

A/R is a ratio of the exhaust discharge area vs the distance from the center of turbine wheel to the center of the cross sectional area. Smaller A/R housing has faster spool up. Bigger A/R housing has less back pressure, more flow for the top end.

The so called "T-series': T60, T61, T66, T70, T72, T76... are T4 turbos as well. The number means the compressor inducer size. ie: T76 means it has 76mm compressor inducer.

HKS uses Garrett turbos. HKS GT series turbos use Garrett GT's turbine with GT's compressor.

For example, HKS GT 2835 is GT28 turbine with GT35 52 trim compressor.

The newer line of Garrett GT-R turbos are hybrid turbos. For example, GT30R is a hybrid of GT30 turbine mated to 56 trim GT37 compressor.

Top Bottom