MAN, RM3200 to fix clutch problem?

euthanasia

Known Member
Okay, Monday evening i started my car, engaged the clutch. The clutch suddenly feel all so springy. No force feedback, nothing. So ok, i'm driving GTi btw, 90k KM and not serviced my gear box before, as far i've remembered. mechanically illiterate, my dad insist on sending my car to his mechanic since i was as staying over for CNY. I have mechanic friends i could send it to but NO, my dad insisted.

i always disliked his mechanic, a guy in Sungai Rasah, Klang. He's my dad's family mechanic and apparently, everytime any of our family's car was in there, the bill always ended up upwards of RM1k. Now, the mechanic's daddy were best friends with mine. But he's old and can't work the shop no more, and so his late 20s son took over. Mostly he does other businesses and it seems that he keep the shops open only when there's customer, and evidently today, we're his only customer.

Today the bill of my clutch problem was RM3200. And f**K, there wasn't even any receipt to begin with. i wanted to ask for one, but NO my dad say he trusts him. I know the story doesn't end here, my dad blame it on my harsh driving, BUT no harsh driving will foot you a bill of RM3200 to the gearbox. Man, what a CNY...

Originally posted by euthanasia@Feb 15 2005, 15:46
Okay, Monday evening i started my car, engaged the clutch. The clutch suddenly feel all so springy. No force feedback, nothing. So ok, i'm driving GTi btw, 90k KM and not serviced my gear box before, as far i've remembered. mechanically illiterate, my dad insist on sending my car to his mechanic since i was as staying over for CNY. I have mechanic friends i could send it to but NO, my dad insisted.

i always disliked his mechanic, a guy in Sungai Rasah, Klang. He's my dad's family mechanic and apparently, everytime any of our family's car was in there, the bill always ended up upwards of RM1k. Now, the mechanic's daddy were best friends with mine. But he's old and can't work the shop no more, and so his late 20s son took over. Mostly he does other businesses and it seems that he keep the shops open only when there's customer, and evidently today, we're his only customer.

Today the bill of my clutch problem was RM3200. And f**K, there wasn't even any receipt to begin with. i wanted to ask for one, but NO my dad say he trusts him. I know the story doesn't end here, my dad blame it on my harsh driving, BUT no harsh driving will foot you a bill of RM3200 to the gearbox. Man, what a CNY...
f*ck .... rm3200 might as well u put 4wd system into ur Gti... screw taht guy..!! .. list the shop's name so that the rest wont get coned byhim ... bloody arse! <_<

Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Feb 15 2005, 15:48
sounds like clutch pump problem to me....
yup!!.. i believed it's the clutch pump giving u the problem.. the spring didnt work very well or leaked.. the new set on ly coz u not more rm100++ plus installation.. rm3200?? wahh wahh.. he must had changed the whole gearbox brand new one from proton factory ..crazy!

few months back same things happened, I changed my clutch plate + oil seals for the gear box + workmanship + gear oil... but below RM400 for Wira 1.6... i think u kena conned edi... knn ccb tns old fart... my 2 cents go n get the price list....

clutch pump lar....

i think u better tipu ur dad better than letting other ppl con ur dad

It's not that i don't wanna reveal the shop's name, but its so out of place that the odds of you coming across this workshop is probably 1:kazilion. Rm3.2k, My God the things i could do with that money...

easy...

since u've already kena fuck-ed by yer dad for something u did not do.. and d workshop is forcefully recommended by yer dad and he's agreeable to all the terms and conditions of that shop based on his upmost trust towards the mechanic... and d fact that u've been against this decision from the begining and the bill is ridiculously high based on 'nothing' and plucked from the sky without receipts... well... ask yer dad to settle la...

:ph34r: RM3200 ?!?!?!? Mira 1/2 cut liao lor........ :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

wow RM3.2k..... OMG..... with this amount of money, can buy a lot of staff already.. I would suggest you to ask him to list down the items for future reference... just 2 cents.... ;)

Originally posted by euthanasia@Feb 15 2005, 16:36
It's not that i don't wanna reveal the shop's name, but its so out of place that the odds of you coming across this workshop is probably 1:kazilion. Rm3.2k, My God the things i could do with that money...
where is the shop exactly?
my dad has a panel beater friend there and he's apparently quite good at it.. i know the shops behind this panel beater's are car workshops, donno about the integrity of all other shops

let everyone exactly where is it.. best if you can illustrate ..

:)

RM3200? Open your bonnet la, maybe he chucked in a turbo to your car for CNY...

But seriously, thats the biggest motoring rip off Ive heard of... I would have screwed the mech 9 9 on the spot le... a good original GTi clutch change plus labour should cost around RM500 only.

euthanasia

this shop sounds awfully familiar. sg rasa klg. end lot?
the son drives a perdana eterna?
the father has somekinda sickness lately rite?

Dude.... blackmail him.... like this.... ;)

If your dad has already paid, go to the mechanic and say that you'll tell your dad that he was conned big time by him. Than say, i will keep my mouth shut it you give me a set of semi race cam + pulleys / S-AFC2 .... anything you want laa. At least you'll get the money's worth.... :P :lol:

seems like a clutch pump problem to me...it will cost less than 100 (i've experienced it)..erm...kene tipu "kaw kaw sat" orr... <_<

i think he took "angpow" from your dad............ :)
3200 enough to change better aftermarket clutch :)
go n ask him for the things he change..........
demand for the SPOILT parts also :)

I suggest u get a price list from Proton on all the parts needed to fix a springy clutch problem ( clutch pump, clutch cover, clutch plate, bearings ) and show it to your dad.

I bet his jaw will drop when he see the itemised pricing on each part and it would not amount to what his so called good fren mechanic charged u.