LSD Gb Experiences & Power

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I am going to switch to a LSD Gb for my 63t
Just want to get opinions from you guys here
I am switching because of the crazy spins that i am getting on acceleration.
What i heard from a member , the car vibrates and jumps with LSD , true ?
What lsd is the best for the streets , 1way , 1.5way or 2way.
How do i inspect the GB to know its 1way or 2way by looking at it.
Thank you very much.

this is what i got from some sites so far , but i am keen to know more.

ith the 1.5-way, the LSD functions most during acceleration, and is weaker when not accelerating. (The 1.5-way is designed for novices, since vehicle control becomes more difficult when the engine is used to brake.)

With the 2-way, the LSD functions when not accelerating as well, providing excellent vehicle control under a variety of conditions.
■ Because the limited slip capacity is provided using a number of clutch plates, it exhibits a direct, reliable LSD effect.
1 way LSD full locks on acceleration
1.5 way lsd fully locks on acceleration and some on deceleration for more control on cornering)
2 way lsd fully locks on accel and decel, which will just make u slide everywhere when you turn
1 way vs. 2 way: 1 way LSDs lock up only on acceleration, becoming an open diff on deceleration. 2 way LSDs lock up on both acceleration and deceleration, to optimize traction on deceleration; but as a result trail braking is much more tricky/difficult with RWD 2 way clutch-type LSDs, so it favors drivers who try to brake in a straight line. 1.5 way LSDs are a compromise with weaker lockup on deceleration.
1-Way, 2-Way, 1.5-Way.......... What Does It Mean?

Some manufacturers make LSD's in different configurations and are commonly classified as 1 way, 2way, and 1.5 way. This designation reflects the design of the cam groove which enables the LSD to function differently under different loads. A 1 way differential means that the cam is shaped in such way as to have positive lock only when accelerating. The 2 way is constructed in a way to have positive lock motion in either acceleration or deceleration. The 1.5 way is a new term used to describe the 2 way cam which enables different lock up rates during the two directional forces. The 1.5 distribute positive lock stronger under acceleration than when decelerating. The 1.5 way can provide more forgiving balance when braking than a full 2 way setup, although it is less effective for true racing applications, it provides easier operation for beginners in throttle off conditions. It is also effective for front drive cars which need extra stability during braking.

THESE are just reviews
please guys , i want to hear some from your experience

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
dude,
theres alot of LSD...a diff type of LSD.......
so try check the spec of LSD in the gbox.then do some research......
the article is about helical/clutch type...
there's also viscous LSD,quiafe etc....

only clucth type will give u a increase grip with increase power...others with higher speed...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My roadtax and insurance is going to expire next week. It is a 14 years old car.

Any members have renewed their 10+ years old car' insurance without loading?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience