lowered my car

20V Quard Cam

Known Member
Sep 23, 2007
hi anyone,now i am trying to lower my car by just change the apm lowered spring?
Anyone did this b4?
Aft will harm my car chasis?
drive shaft n all the stuff related to tyre will harm fast?
n the alighnment will alwiz run out?
i am driving seg .
thx ya..

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Me too...
In case like this,is it I have to make an alignment more often?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wont harm lah... mine also lowered (but different car lah)... mayb bushings, driveshaft and so on will wear n tear faster abit lah... so far mine everything still fine after about 2 years....

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
normally sports springs will damage ur absorbers in the long run if they're 2 stiff, due to the absorber's unability 2 cope with such harsh range of compression & rebound stroke... but i think apm's lowering springs r fine. they're spring rates are calculated to match OEM absorbers' damping settings...

other parts u dun hafta worry 2 much...

cheers!

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
normally sports springs will damage ur absorbers in the long run if they're 2 stiff, due to the absorber's unability 2 cope with such harsh range of compression & rebound stroke... but i think apm's lowering springs r fine. they're spring rates are calculated to match OEM absorbers' damping settings...

cheers!
Bro, is that so... How bout this case. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-modification/188076-tein-hr-with-non-tein-spring.html

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007

cheers!
Fooh sure ah?

The APM performax springs on my Kancil lowered the front by 4 fingers (now 1 finger gap) on stock abs. Back didn't change, dun wanna grind.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
hehe... i just read ur thread. what u were/are experiencing is just a typical characteristic of coilovers. coilovers are meant 2 be stiffer than a combination of sports springs + sports shock absorbers. i was told that TEIN's are one of the stiffest, usually meant for circuit use. so it's normal that u feel like horse riding (I-gallop) on bumpy roads (but extremely cun when u whack corners!). but as some1 mentioned, u can opt out for a less stiff ride by changing to softer springs with suitable spring rates (ask the dealer of the suspension shop), because ur coilovers cant adjust the damping settings. biasalah, when u buy coilovers from chop shops, memang they're harder than the brand new 1's...

hope that helped... :biggrin:

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
Fooh sure ah?

The APM performax springs on my Kancil lowered the front by 4 fingers (now 1 finger gap) on stock abs. Back didn't change, dun wanna grind.
walauwei, 4 fingers ah?!! i dun know what to say, but i have always tought that it's advisable to change all 4 springs simultaneously, better yet change to sports shock absorbers altogether to match the new spring rates. now ur car has different spring rates at the rear n front. ur front set of absorbers might fail in the long run. coz they suffer from the shorter compression & rebound stroke (as i mentioned earlier, magnified by the fact that ur rear end has stock set-ups.

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Yah, when the front fail only I change lah. But my fren running on APM performax for 2 years on stock abs still ok. So I will wait for my time.