Low Budget Engine Performance Upgrade

sissoko

500 RPM
Hi...
I'm using waja 1.6 manual (standard engine)....what's u guy suggest for me to make this engine run smoother and a bit faster..any low bugdet suggestion? in example...changing to racing clutch....kindly advice me

low budget? how much is low. besides.. changing racing clutch dont make your engine goes smoothers..
i am sure you can find alot of thread similar to your question, please check around before asking... but
i have a good idea for you. 100% increase power! or else.. i give you my car..

throw away your air filter.. garuntee works.
or else. come and drive my car home.

others.. survey around.

yeah....
racing clutch doesnt giv u smoother drive....
but deliver ur engine power to ur drive train more efficiently......
which means better power lo.....

actually u should ask more specified question la.....
like how much is ur budget??
n how much power u wan??
everyone's ability/expectation is not same ma.....

nop...what i meant....engine smoother ( make it like new engine....then u can suggest like doing any changing to engine part...)....to make the car more pickup ( change the flywheel and clutch..like what i did to my wira previously)....that's what i meant..if u ask me to change engine..that's not consider low budget....

if you talking about opening and changing your engine component... simple changes like light weight crank pully, adj cam pully, better air-flow after market air filter..

those few things makes differences already.
like everone says.. gives your budget.. you might be shocked on how expensive it might cost to mod engine... which converting might be cheaper. especially when you talking about opening and changing component in engine...

or.. easy and fast way to add power.. force induction. turbo/super charge.
prepare 5k for complete work. kits + tuning + unknown expenses.
ie, typical service stuff, edu piggyback system, fuel pump, bla bla bla.. tons of things you might need to change once you add more power! lol

just tell us your goal.. like.. i wanan force 300 HP to my car.. if i going to rebuild my engine.

Simply look for a guy called airfilter aka Kay Vin....

He sells lighten crank pulley for protons car for a cheap price. Some says getting the expensive one like My***** for RM600 is good coz it has a damper on the mounting.

Its up to ur choice.

Next, do up your ignition, get yourself a EVO coil, then side-gapped (can DIY)

And then intake and exhaust......

All these will cost about 500-1000, and you car prolly gains about 3-8bhp, dependant who tune your car and what parts did u put......

So many things to do, you reli should eleborate what u want first, then we can only answer you :biggrin:

rm2.70 ./ liter still wanna mod meh? hehehe... use the money, service d car, use full synthetic oil.. change all worn out bearings and etc.. should give u better mileage and smoother ride kwa...

paid rm750 for a used SAFC2, then tune it at rm150 in any shop in Sunway. CONFIRM more smoother & more powerful... save fuel somemore...

rm2.70 ./ liter still wanna mod meh? hehehe... use the money, service d car, use full synthetic oil.. change all worn out bearings and etc.. should give u better mileage and smoother ride kwa...

hahahaha.... sure gonna mod ma... now in difren point of mod edy... more power but save fuel....

paid rm750 for a used SAFC2, then tune it at rm150 in any shop in Sunway. CONFIRM more smoother & more powerful... save fuel somemore...

totally agred wif u budy...get the neo or safc2 and fine proper tuner down there
and not necessarily go to dyno..on the street oso ok lor....rm2.70(now)
recently pak lah anounce to reduce the oil price oredi..hope soon la..:bawling:

Why buy that pcs of s*** ? Apexi in Japan oredy chap-lup loh..... :thefinger:

Buy G-reddy Emanage Blue, new one RM900 and alot, ALOT better than SAFC :biggrin:

Apek-shi and GAB oredy KO in Japan liao lor......Their Malaysian products are left over stocks.....

Better dun buy....In short of time, once run out, where u gonna claim warranty if the products faulty ? :biggrin:

huh? apexi sudah chap lup ah? shit...​
haha..dun worry bro the product still working la..
people go for safc for some reason and e-manage very favourable oso
becoz the ability wif proper mods oso...again its up to us to chose..

But E-Manage 3D tuning is alot benificial leh....Although it has no fancy LCD read-outs like SAFC, but tunablity and mapping is superb.....

To me, SAFC only play-play water oni leh......:biggrin:

yup agree wif u budy,but what i mean here is...if the mods only the the air filter
and exzos not worth it to go tunning at sunway la...safc as long as thier foremen
got inovative can tune on the road oredi no matter where u re...hehe so wise choice
is afc lor...paly2 only mar but if u counter wif proper one damm fast oh...:driver:

but i heard 4G18 waja use emanage cant tune ignition timing.. have to change to evo ignition coil to tune it.. duno is true anot.. hope someone can clarify this matter.. thx..

Unsure about that, but converting into Evo coils is very good. A member here, seanlee, is using Evo coil on his 4G15 now, increased respond and stable powerband throughout the rev range:driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom