Long lasting clutch

zac

Feb 7, 2007
My car is wira mivec 1.8, currently using perdana 2.0 clutch cos it's soft and easier for my family to drive, as long as i drive below 6k rpm then it works fine, but whenever i rev over 6k and it slipped... Last time i use 4 puck racing clutch, but it only last less than 1yr, very short life span is there any recommended one? long lasting and not too hard one.... My mech said exedy 3 puck, do i have another choice?

go for exedy 3puck racing clutch...not very hard but very responsive and lasting.

u certainly do need racing clutch... oem clucth will not last if u high rev often... but if drive like aunty uncle can last long la....

tried other brand such as trinity, exedy, parout, etc??...

zac

Feb 7, 2007
Already strengthening, balancing and tune up using emanage... Original clutch can't hold when in need : ) Therefore i need a long lasting yet can match with current hp...

I didn't try all the brand mentioned above before, thats why need sifu's advice... if possible can enlighten me about pricing and duration it can last for? And also... my 1st gear synchronize gear already spoiled, so a good and reliable clutch is needed urgently!! thanks for opinion in advance

JackWaiKit

Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Me too same prob...
1st to 4th gear also affected...

WTD...???
just less smoke loh...
Just w8 for more power so that can put ogura 1 whole set
But a bit waste on 1.8 MV....!!!

zac

Feb 7, 2007
if change beter flywheel + exedy 3puck then wont have uneven flywheel issue right?? I just wanna find out wats the most durable one, price can settle afterwards :smokin:

Bro Jack, i dun think i will increase more hp for my MV lah, cos heavy usage daily... just need a hasslefree clutch so i won't get smoked by those minor mod vehicle :driver:... especially those lcly one...

Anyway, might BOT TD04 in, soft boost at 0.7bar will do... seemed very good pick up...

zac

Feb 7, 2007
hohoho, but i try to suppress this idea lah... not intend to invest more money in my wira, saving for next one...

JackWaiKit

Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
can can!!!

But i asked long time ago....
u have to change the ecu & wiring to GSR!!!
And the engine pison & block as well!!!

Wha's he diff if u bu gsr h/cu & pu mivec top!!!
I abandon his bcoz i was thinking turn a big round to play mv turbo!!!
Hehe!!!
Don't blame me too honest ah!!!

zac

Feb 7, 2007
can can!!!

But i asked long time ago....
u have to change the ecu & wiring to GSR!!!
And the engine pison & block as well!!!

Wha's he diff if u bu gsr h/cu & pu mivec top!!!
I abandon his bcoz i was thinking turn a big round to play mv turbo!!!
Hehe!!!
Don't blame me too honest ah!!!
Actually the cost not that high lah, just 5k+ only, no need gsr ecu or wiring too, but need to have at least emanage + 3 bar sensor... block also no need to change as already iron mah...
Unless wanna hardcore one then only changed internal... soft boost actually very safe, as long as well tune...

JackWaiKit

Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Actually the cost not that high lah, just 5k+ only, no need gsr ecu or wiring too, but need to have at least emanage + 3 bar sensor... block also no need to change as already iron mah...
Unless wanna hardcore one then only changed internal... soft boost actually very safe, as long as well tune...
I heard urbo using low oil pressure pump...
insead, NA car is higher?
Is it true?

To : Unicorn speed
Wha does u mean by super single?

'(00) Goes to Japan
Report and Photos: Supremus

A mix of the traditional and the contemporary. Kimono-clad geisha and a suit-clad salary man, traditional temple and a futuristic shopping mall, all within the same parameter are not an...