Lighten Crank Pulley

• Thread starter badaveil
  • Start date
  • Replies 88
  • Views 13K
hehe. ya.. but i feel that if same size pulley, it wont be worth the RM for the torque gained... just my feeling.. urs is worth since smaller size and proven in ur dyno..

i duno. if a guy out of the blue do the dyno for his car b4 and after installing the pulley, then i can believe. but if the seller himself, or friend of seller, or relative of seller who do the dyno b4 and after effects.. i kinda skeptical a bit.

True also lar..

But the dyno shop especially those reputated one will not be happy if the car is manipulated for marketing purpose without their knowledge. In addition, they will not allow such practice even if they are informed since this will affect their reputation as well.

What to do? Get an independent guy to dyno his car lor. haha!

i've change mine to aerospeed crankpulley,feel lighter a bit... made by alluminium,lighter sure hp up a bit... have u guys measure d weight of d oem n at=fter market pulley? then u guys will get d answer...

Engine performance remains the same.

By reducing the mass, rotation inertia is reduced thus enabling faster angular acceleration. By undersizing the pulley, the parasitic load is reduced.

More torque is then transmitted to the wheels. More torque do more work at a time, thus the gain in power.

That's all about lightened crank pulley.

I have check with Kakimoto they have CP for Matrix but not Methology..they claim
so far no owners have complaint, I think I will give it a try. Do you know a workshop that can install plus dyno.

haha....lighten crank pulley like lighten rim can accel faster means on the other hand undersize crank pulley will be like smaller rims.... hahahaha....jk jk...

grab the latest issue of extremekars magazine for the tech talk section if you want to know more about how a lightened crank pulley works and the pros & cons.

The article do have some editing mistakes though..

who has kakimotor number and which branch?? wan to buy at kakimotor laa...

drexchan one blardy expensive ahahhahahahaha :p

what car do u drive fstrader?or to be exact,what engine r u using?i got
imported 1.

who has kakimotor number and which branch?? wan to buy at kakimotor laa...

drexchan one blardy expensive ahahhahahahaha :p

Do get the one with harmonic damper.. otherwise the vibration can cause damage to the internals of your engine.

Usually the more expensive ones have harmonic damper.

hey guys,
if we are using smaller crank pulley would that mess our ratio?
any ratio that concerns the engine ?

nolar... wont affect the ratio... got what ratio to affect??... as long as the lightened crankpulley is same size as ori one can oledi lor...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom