Legalized

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Hi all, I was wondering if there is any possible way to make the 4 wheel system legal in a Wira (JPJ approved) ? IS there anything can be done to the rear end?

Hhmm... if u need to do any cutting to the chassis... no way to legalised it.

Converting AWD on Perdana is straight forward, more like bolt-on. Many on the road are using AWD from Eterna.

I've checked this b4 for my Galant E33A (essentially E39A-VR4's poorer cousin). For AWD, need to cut out the spare tire compartment and weld the VR4 one to it. This will be illegal to JPJ.

so there is no way I can make them 4wd road legal? How about getting the rear end from a GSR or something like that? Is it also categorised as cutting and welding which again make them illegal?

Yes, u still have to do some cutting / welding...

Might as well sell off the car n look for an 'ori' EVO / GSR... should be around RM 50k++

Even if u can legalised it, JPJ will 'kacau'.

nope, its my younger brother's car. He told me about cutting off the rear and welding up the GSR back, and I said will just look like a GSR or EVO to me, lol 90%.
But i saw one 4wd GSR satria in Hypertune that was legalised. Taking the rear from something like Colt? I cant remember.

Satria can bolt-on also... just need to mod few things only.

Wira have to cut the spare tire compartment...

I believe those Perdana (and some 2WD Eterna / Galant) owners with AWD all 'curi' install. Either way, there is no indication on the pink slip (car reg. card) of any conversion to AWD.

ya...all is curi install....they install it after inspection at puspakom...

There u go edgar. Another solution to do AWD conversion after an inspection at Puspakom. But beware, you will be a target for JPJ.

Also, they are getting smarter these days... not as dumb as last time.

yup...now very very smart already...last time my car even can go to inspection with 4wd system....now they straight abit.....

true true... better be carefull.... my kawan's car kena tarik into the jpj because of that.. car left there for 4months before they release.... that also you have to take it out there and then... damm cham dat fella....

Ah no, Toyota Corolla is legal to be fitted with the Celica 3SGTE 4 wheel system, only Proton, i think is illegal to do so. But All wheel drive is so nice in pickup and handling wise.

about the rally car really dunno can get legal 4wd or not. but hear that our local rally driver Gunasselan Raju's putra 4wd is road legal 4wd..

hummmm.... from wat i heard from those "runners" at JPJ & Puspakom, 4WD is illegal....no matter bolt-on or weld it on...hehehe.... but "curi" install is another story liaw ....