L5(EF-RL): Blue Smoke after reconnect EGR & Losing Engine Oil

Andrew Loh

From Facebook
Aug 19, 2011
www.facebook.com
TQ to some comment, n sry 4 late reply rushing school work assignment.

Now I want to Clarify My Issue more with the process + include some picture jpg.

I own a 2nd hand L5(EF-RL) 3 cylinder turbo & Reconnected the EGR.
Originally the EGR hose left hanging in the engine bay, its running due to contain engine oil in the hose and my air-conditioner sometime got engine oil smell.
Mileage Clocked now is 48k++.

last change new engine oil at 40k mileage with diesel engine(Petronas Urania rated 15w40) oil pure synthetic. Now change engine oil ady to Penzoil gold 15w40.

EGR connection process trial and error discoveries:
1st try- removed the intercooler (no Engine Oil discoveries nearby the intercooler connected hose) to access EGR and connected to the Butterfly valve
2nd try - Due to high RPM(electronic tuned) & Discovered i used rubber hose wrong due to engine block heat, Which leaked at EGR head n i change to radial type hose. Removed the intercooler (discovered Engine Oil nearby the intercooler connected hose - refer engine bay jpg).

My Questions:
1) Is my EGR End connected point correct? - refer to EGR Connected Point at Butterfly valve jpg

2) I want to double confirm is my turbo leak/spoiled due to discovered oil at the connection point? - refer Turbo View 1 & 2 jpg.

Thank You who view & tried to helped

Attachments

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
bro....L5 is mira engine rite? recommended oil grade should be xW30....and i dun think diesel got such grade. and why diesel engine oil?

hv u check if ur EGR is functioning or its jammed? it tends to jammed as carbon build up inside if it has been left hangover there for long time since u mention its not connected before....

if engine consume more engine oil...either from turbo or engine itself only...u gotta check it

ur blue smoke is caused by engine oil leaking from somehwere to combustion chamber....

my2cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys need your help.....
1) Apexi AVC-R Limited Edition=RM1950
2)Blitz Type1=RM1400
3)HKS EVC-4=RM2200
4)GREDDY PROFEC B SPEC2=RM1450
5)GREDDY TYPE S=RM1460
6)SARD TRIGGER=RM1520

these are the price of boost controllers offer by one of my mechanic....
just want to check with u all guys roughly the market price compare to these.
are these pice ok??which one better??anyone knows the second hand price??
i dont want to become 'water fish' anymore.....used to chop by them X times already
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience