what should i do?

1. buy 318i enigne kosong...
2. get 1.2 cut 318 also or..
3. get 1/2 cut 325....

by the what's the price like...???

thanks in advance.. :)

cheers..

get a M20 2.5 enuf alredi... ur car enuf to fly

da 2.5 is a great base for modifications if ur into modifying engine...

engine can be rebored to up it to 3000cc... wua ha ha! that time can ta pau Evos :)

aiyoh shamburke....
u also here kaaa.... e30 summore....
best best best :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by shamburke@Jan 2 2005, 23:33
hi beemers...

my e30 318i M42 engine has gone kaput...con rod broken... :( :(

what should i do?

1. buy 318i enigne kosong...
2. get 1.2 cut 318 also or..
3. get 1/2 cut 325....

by the what's the price like...???

thanks in advance.. :)

cheers..
I tot the M42 is from the 318iS? E30 318i is M40.........

The answer to your question would really depend on the budget. If low budget and least worries, get the engine kosong and use back all the wiring.

thanks for the reply,

but when i was looking for part - starter... i take it out and go to spare... they said it was from M42... same as e36 318..

don't know lerr... newbie in BM...

cheers..

The M40 & M43 are single cam 1.8 engines, both are found in E36 318i. THe M40 was carried over from the E30 318i to the E36 318i until around 1995 when the M43 was introduced.

The M42 is twin cam with air flow meter, and it was replaced later by the M44 which uses a mass air sensor.

Does your engine look like this????? This is the M42 engine from the E36..

HEHEHE....
THEN SORI LOR...

MINE MUST BE M40....

THANKS FOR MAKING ME UNDERSTAND FURTHER...

CHEERS...

guys,

any where can get the engine and the price...

1. M40 engine kosong
2. 320i 1/2 cut
3. 325i 1/2 cut...

place?

cheers...

I would recommed you to rebuild your engine. Get a new part replacement rather than venturing into getting a another m40 engine which may lead you into more problem (cos no history).

But if you got more moo, go upgrade to M42/M44. It's enuff to make a smile
and enjoy the ride. It's a straight plug and play.

Getting a M20 engine would be a hassle to upgrade from M40 because of wiring and etc. Just make sure you have a good mech and full migration to M20 engine
cos u may need to upgrade your suspension, brakes because your car now is powered by 6 pot rather than 4 pot.

my M40 is available after CNY. the block n the gear box. done top overhaul, major parts change, replace all lifters n timing belt in the last 4 months. you can have the block if you want to, at a descent price. make me an offer.

Originally posted by e30bob@Jan 26 2005, 13:51
my M40 is available after CNY. the block n the gear box. done top overhaul, major parts change, replace all lifters n timing belt in the last 4 months. you can have the block if you want to, at a descent price. make me an offer.
eh.... apa project ni????? S14????

hahaha.. wey bob.. what about the discs?.. u'll be needing a bigger discs.. ahahaha... hehehehehahaha..

fab.. soon you will know.. ehhehehe pretty soon.. after he DONATE his discs to me.. ahahaha repeat again.. DONATE!!!! :lol:

Top Bottom