Kelisa Specs Clarification

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
This is my first post and would seriously need some clarification from ZTH members.

I'm currently aiming to get mt 1st car, a Kelisa Auto, year 2002 model. I'm doing my intensive studies on this car but to come past a couple of misleading reviews. :confused::hmmmm:

(1). 3-Speed
(2). 4-Speed
(3). 5-Speed

Which one is the correct spec?. Besides, I'm from Penang. I do not wish to leave my car in stock condition. Kindly advise what could I do to increase performance in terms of handling & power. Prefer using stock engine and no turbo(s). Appreciate if you could list the shops where I could get the performance upgrades done too.

Thanks!.

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
Its 4 speed...

Change exhaust to hotbits (front to back) RM7xx

Change drop in KNN air filter Rm2xx

Some mods to increase performance...
:biggrin:

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Glad to hear it's a 4-Speed. Idiotic reviews can kiss my ( . ):biggrin: . Noted on the KNN Filter. Will proceed with that. As for the exhaust system, F & B as in extractor & muffler?

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
Piping from front to back extractor, center bulet, and back muffler...

Go buy the hotbits set pay rm7xx once and for all... Dont do front then do back waste money... Do one shot from front to back...:biggrin:

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
Last edited:

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
my advice....go for turbo engine....u wont regret...
kelisa choices...efrl or k3vet
heaven on earth!

Agreed if you can afford go for K3VET(turbo) or K3VE(Myvi engine)...

But if dont want transplant just play normal mod

the things to do...

1)Exhaust
2)Air filter
3)Iridium Spark Plug

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Luke, noted on the full exhaust system to do it one-shot. Apeng, well if I have the funds, will surely go for the turbo K3VET. For now, need to "han han" a bit. Getting married soon. :biggrin:

Priority now, EXHAUST.

I've looked inside my aunts Kelisa. There is a plastic kind of tube which directs the air into the engine compartment. If i'm to change the air filter, do I need an extra tubing to connect the filter to the engine intake compartment?.

As for the 3rd option mentioned, Iridium Spark Plugs. Any recommended spark wires?.

How about handling?. Saw a couple of forums providing Stabilizing Struts, Shocks, Suspension & Break options. Kindly advise if possible as i'm serious in upgrading.

Thanks for the comments!:wavey:

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Going hunting for a Kelisa later. Hopefully to find a well used Kelisa as i plan to use it for quite some time. Read a couple of forums on looking out for flaws and stuff. Taken it seriously. Especially the unpaid summons and so on. Later buy d, eat shit liao. :biggrin:

After paperwork all done and i get the car totally under me, will start upgrading exhaust system, ignition system, clutch, cooling system(Penang like hell), shocks & springs. From then on, will need assistance from ZTH members as well. :wavey:

Good day!:smokin:

luke skywalker

1,500 RPM
Feb 24, 2008
Shah Alam
For drop in air filter dont worry cause you will use back the airfilter box...

Iridium go for denso iridium ik16...

our car using ignition coil so no spark plug wires....

Handling get Ultra racing bars....

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Luke, thanks for the advice. As to now, I have another question. Kelisa's fuel system. All this while I had in my head that Kelisa's fuel system was ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION. One of the Kelisa which is under my list has a CARBURETOR SYSTEM according to the spec list. Kindly help to clarify on this.

Thanks!!!

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
850cc kelisa is EFI if not mistaken,
confirmed.... engine code ED-DE, same as my old 3 sp auto engine on my Kancil EZi round eyes.

joseph, where do you found the carbie kelisa? even when the kelisa is still a daihatsu (Mira Gino), it still uses EJ-DE DOHC EFI...

kinda weird :confused:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
Luke sifu,

How can we make our car reach 160km/j?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey fellow enthusiast,
I'm currently driving a putra with an auto tranny.I'm thinking of transplanting a 4G93T(GSR).Although i have driven a turbo before but i'm still a novice in the turbo world.I was driving a bolt on turbo which i just bought second hand.Sold it away about 4 years back.
Now what i intend to find out is how much is a half cut of the GSR?What r the rates for the workmanship of the transplant?How much do i have to pay to get the car and the new engine no. to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience