Kedai Potong will be "BAN" soon.. Big impact to us

Should imported used / scrap parts be banned?

• Yes - Improves auto industry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - We need rare / cheaper parts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What if the goverment really make tis happened?? limited to few selected workshop..Will it really helps improve car industry?? then what will happened to 2nd hand car dealers?? car crime increase & do they really take this into consideration? If they do. but why is not mentioned??? Or they only wait to these* happened then they will only act on it??
Just wondering if anyone did protest on this issue before?? hmm... :hmmmm:

Perhaps 2nd hand car dealers will start scrapping the cars and sell as parts.

And car thefts will definitely increase due to the shortage of supply....

From Staronline "Trade operators have said the ban encompassed more than the brake pad, brake lining, tyres and batteries that were initially proposed." More than means ...........?:stupid:

if they recalled the much opposed banning of 15 years car prohibit to be on the road rules around 2009 or 2010....i don't see why they will not lift this ban off......there is a good chance after all the ban will off....

sagaevo : do you know why? b'cos their uncles living in kampung were complaining, "my Dutsun still running well, why did you want to scrap my car?"

actually this is a bigger issue, the government wants to let the "oversea tai kor" knows that we are serious in the auto industry, encourage them to open more factories in M'sia.

Can we outsource Proton aaaa ? soo we can discard 300% tax...at least we can get a new car...at least will solve a small part of chop shop parts...

gov stupid enuff to ban it..
parts when import tax 1 time..
those pakistan and african come here sapu all the parts back to their country kena tax again..
in the same word, 1 item can tax 2 times
untung 2 times but yet want to ban the things..
we dunno what gov think, they juz think of local industrial...
1st Q, how's the quality for local industrial parts?
2nd Q, price?
3rd Q, since too many owners converted their engine, can the local industrial produce parts for them?
this is a critical issue...
talk about safety, brake pads from japan is better or malaysian brake pads better? i think members here know the answer rite?

malaysia brake pad is safer..coz its cannot grip much..but japan brake pad more dangerous..grip too much when u braking..will cause xcident when the car in your back hentam your bumper blkg..hahahaha

it has begun!

brakes pads n lining i got no say. at least we still can find ferodo,ebc, etc etc which are better than 2nd hand pads. about tyres...there is no enforcement on minimum tyre thread levels so to ubah gaya hidup, ppl will have no choice but to go for the other option which is to use the current tyres till it becomes full slicks.

Need to think to sell all old cars.
Old cars won't have brand new spare parts. Just imagine want to get 20-30 years old ride spare parts. Is it easy to get a brand new in 2011 onwards?
This people who make the law don't have brain to all this. Don't think for those who have antique cars. Because they themselves don't have one.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe they think by reduce in old parts will force people throw away old car then Proton sales will increase?

it has begun!

brakes pads n lining i got no say. at least we still can find ferodo,ebc, etc etc which are better than 2nd hand pads. about tyres...there is no enforcement on minimum tyre thread levels so to ubah gaya hidup, ppl will have no choice but to go for the other option which is to use the current tyres till it becomes full slicks.

You think the drifting community will dissapear? Since no more 'cheap' tyres

Izso....of cos wont dissapear la. we got the rich n powerful ppl drifting wat. drifting will become a status sport like golf. must have membership n $$$$$$$$$$$$ to join. very soon even the simple modding scene will become a status sport where only the rich can afford. we're being turned into one huge golf club resort here!

lets go back to merempit-ing. motor parts they dun ban wat. we start importing 2nd hand superbike parts n superbike halfcuts.

we must look backwards not forward. we must walk backward not forward. thats the way to devolve mah. the future is in the stone age. for us middle n lower income folks that is.

Malaysia goverment is trying to gain as much as possible by controlling so many rules & banning. But end up all of us suffer..
First, they will stop the brake line, tyres & battery.. Then what is next? Soon, all of us force to buy Malaysian Made Parts..
Will the goverment will protect us & dare to assure us that in future all Malaysian made parts will be as good quality as the oversea made? Of cause, the price must also be reasonable..
Mayb some of the goverments is already looking at this thread and hope that all of our reasons & frustration will change thier mind before more & more issues & unhappy car lovers feeel so dissapointed of what they have invested on... Cheers.. :cheers:

Lancer GT will not have problems on parts lar....Thanks to inspira

Can we outsource Proton aaaa ? soo we can discard 300% tax...at least we can get a new car...at least will solve a small part of chop shop parts...

I like this idea :-) other than protecting local cars maker market (which is not competative in oversea), if I am not mistaken, car tax is the second income for govt .. that is why we still have it till now.

outsource to "proton"??? then we will back to square.. expensive parts with low quality parts.. i think most of us are victims before.. including me.. tats y i dun buy local parts unless no choice..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom