Is kia spectra ok for a 2nd hand car?

TaeTae Kim

From Facebook
Mar 6, 2011
www.facebook.com
hi, wanna know is there any kia spectra user here? wonder if u can share your opinion?
is this car OK for general use?

around year 03-05

part will spoil easily? just heard from my friend, spectra spare part not that hard to find, just a bit expensive, is it true?

Fuel consumption ok?? example how many sen per km?

if compare to hyundai accent, which more OK ?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not sure how many sen per KM, but I know it drinks fuel like drinking water....FC real bad...
My boss own one...

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
..totally agreed with Mr Supra_Fanatics..
own one too and still regretting it till today
depleted value is the worst compared to other models!
spare-part can be source out but a bit pricey
fuel consumption is bad..
..if u have a choice then betta pick a more cost-efficient models as well..
just sharing my humble opinion..

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
for a 7 to 10 years old 2nd hand car... u can get rm10k to rm15k price. quiet cheap... if u buy new, rugi! baik beli neo or something else.. FC bad.. but not that bad sgt pun compared to waja.. part not hard to find.. engine if kong can fit mazda b8, b8 210 easily. roughly need to pour roughly rm15k sum more for that engine transplant..

u can also transplant 4age BT engine for ~RM7k to that car (what i been told), except hard to get puspakom to endorse... ive seen it wit my own eyes that 20V really do fit in, need to adjust only 1 mount..

some guidelines for maintenance price for the original engine:
timing belt and every other belts change original kia: rm350-450 (include labor)
oil filter original rm15

2nd car meaning bawa pgi pasar or pgi kerja ke bro?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Never experinced the car myself, but my neighbor who owned the car about 1 year ago commented about the high FC. Sold off the Kia later and bought a toyota Unser 1.8. Strangely, FC of Unser is better than Kia, even though the Unser is bigger and heavier...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
waja, wira 1.6, hyundai accent also not too bad...
spectra - not to condemn but personal experience
- dashboard will crumple
- fc mad - i think 10 to 12litre/100km
- parts expensive
- all interior parts tend to crack
- resale value - i am sorry....keep it as scrap

sorry if its too much to digest but its true!!! i encountered it myself.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

As per topic,im a newbie in the car modding section.Im totally confused on the proton 1.8 DOHC engine series as in to the performance.Ive spoken to a few ppl(including mechanics) n they all claim that the 1997 manufactured ones are more powerful,no matter putra or wira c99 than the others....but when i look at it at a glance it all seems to look n have the same items....all in all im comparin the wira1.8,putra and the Gti.....all same looking engine bay...so whats the diff when...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience