Is it safe for us to hand tighten wheel nut?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Guys,

Do our car's wheel nut have tighten force / torque setting?
If yes, what is the setting?
Besides, Is it safe for me to tighten the nut by hand tight? ( without airgun from workshop )
Pls advise.. Thanks.
:hmmmm:

Re: Is it safe for us to hand tigh wheel nut?

according to my workshop manual guide book, tightening torque for the wheel nut is 100Nm... but usually people dun give a damn lah...

yes u can tightened ur wheel nut with ur brute strength... make sure u know u are strong enough la... dun ask those lembik pondan go tightened ur wheel nut, confirm not strong enough....

Re: Is it safe for us to hand tigh wheel nut?

buy a big big and long long wrench lor, 100nm is no match for a 0.5meter long wrench with a 200 pound man standing on it :rofl:

make sure u know the wrench are strong enough la... dun buy those lembik pondan to tightened ur wheel nut, confirm not strong enough :rofl::rofl:

You people have something against pondans? Y'all shouldn't discriminate. It's not good. But before you stop discriminating, kill all `em pondans first. hahahaha just joking. hehe

according to my workshop manual guide book, tightening torque for the wheel nut is 100Nm... but usually people dun give a damn lah...

yes u can tightened ur wheel nut with ur brute strength... make sure u know u are strong enough la... dun ask those lembik pondan go tightened ur wheel nut, confirm not strong enough....

You people have something against pondans? Y'all shouldn't discriminate. It's not good. But before you stop discriminating, kill all `em pondans first. hahahaha just joking. hehe

are u one of them??... :hmmmm:

PoNDaN....!!!!! :captain:

Hot topic here....! Can you feel the heat...?
This duo type human really makes me sick..! !@#$$^**???#@ Kebabomm..!!! :mad:

Remember those days when studied.. me lived with this culprits..!
Due to wrong house mate intake..... :argh:

DaMn..!
Can assume they will MeMeKak.. MeMeKiK... keep making crazy sound almost all the time...... Day and Night..! :banghead:

Everyday me got headache........ :nurse:

* To Be Continue.....

No lembik pondan is getting anywhere near my nuts, much less given an opportunity to tighten my nuts for me.

How did a perfectly halal topic turn out so wrong ? :thefinger:

Back on topic....why don't you just buy a torque wrench ?...Problem solved.

No lembik pondan is getting anywhere near my nuts, much less given an opportunity to tighten my nuts for me.

How did a perfectly halal topic turn out so wrong ? :thefinger:

PoNdaN........Aau.!.. A'aau..! :laugh:

making me headache..!
:puke:

Last edited:
u can try Snap-On for expensive 1 and Sata for cheaper .

BTW some pondan very muscular 1 la.. jaga jaga:biggrin:

u can tighten aluminiums nuts about 80 pounds, thats just about right tightness...the torque wrench will help alot...ask la the tire shop where they buy...most tire shops got and used by request wan...cuz expensive use airgun free air mah

My nuts (wheel's) are tighten by hand..... I insist that the tyre shop do not use the airgun.... have to take care of my nuts mar.... :biggrin:

u think everyone own a torque wrench meh??...

That's the thing lor. Not everyone owns a torque wrench. I would say most drivers do not, but it's a good kit to have in your toolbox. Just like a proper tyre pressure gauge.

As you said, only RM 100 mah. Most people spend more than that in one Friday night at Bangsar pub.

Of course it helps to have a torque wrench for tighnening nuts. But then a regular cross wheel socket would be well too. Anyway why is everyone being so phobia about wheel nuts torque level? If u are rebuilding an engine yes it is almost compulsory to use one. But wheels?

Does anyone know the wheel can still work well with only 2 nuts on?
Does anyone know modern cars can still be driven with only 3 wheels?! (Modern car chassis are much much more rigid than 80-early 90s' models.)
Does anyone know over tightening nuts could damage wheels and the bolts? (Why would we need Mr Universe to tighten wheel nuts?)

A 100 buck torque wrench?!! Woi! Are you kidding me? Those things suck (My mechanic ran through 3 of them last year). The one i was eyeing from Germany (Forgot the brand) cost way above RM500!

You look at guys drifting and see how they change the wheels after a few sessions. Do they use torque wrench? Do they use air guns? NO! they keep the wheel balanced only! Which is much more important than nuts holding them!

C'mon don't phobia yourselves with such things. But i would phobia over a set of expensive wheels being stolen.

Few years back, one of my aluminum nut snapped and stuck. Took me half a day to slowly drill it out. Over tighten with air gun was the fault. :thefinger:

I prefer hand tightened with a steel tube.:rofl:

I bring up this pos is because I notice wheel nut tighten by airgun is slowly damage on my rim.
That why, now plan to hand tigh instead of air gun.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom