is it possible to use 1.6 injection kit for 1.3 carbie?

motorhead2000

Known Member
Nov 30, 2006
to all sifu at 0-100.com

just asking 1 question...can i used 1.6 injection kit for my 1.3 carbie?..some people said no because different 'tapak' intake manifold...is it rite?

if i change the intake manifold to 1.3/1.5 efi, can i use 'rojak' with the others 1.6 kit such as ecu, wiring and etc?

thank u

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
useless la bro..unless u already heavyly mods the internal.
if stock std why u want to waste petrol?
??????

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
to all sifu at 0-100.com

just asking 1 question...can i used 1.6 injection kit for my 1.3 carbie?..some people said no because different 'tapak' intake manifold...is it rite?

if i change the intake manifold to 1.3/1.5 efi, can i use 'rojak' with the others 1.6 kit such as ecu, wiring and etc?

thank u
Yes it is possible coz i've ran a few people doing this mods especially to 4g15p. I think it is also possible to do it on a 4g13p since both the 1.3 and 1.5 doesn't differ much. I myself am going for this mod for my 4g15p.

The tapak for the intake manifold for 1.6 is different from the 1.3/1.5. That is why u need a 1.3/1.5 intake manifold for this conversion.

Next comes the throttle body (t/b). According to my mech, u can use any t/b
as long as it came from a sohc engine. This includes 1.3/1.5 sohc, 1.6 sohc, 1.8 sohc or 2.0 sohc. The higher the cc, the bigger the t/b size will be.
To be on the safe side, better use the 1.3/1.5 ones. Bigger/bored t/b is to be used when upgrading.

Then the injectors. For good fuel consumption u can use 1.3/1.5 injectors. 1.6/1.8 injectors is an opt for upgrades.

Then of course u need the 4g92p (1.6) engine wiring, ecu, airflow sensor, injection fuel tank (any injection model - 1.3/1.5/1.6/1.8) and a 4g13 injection distributor.

Most importantly is a mechanic that is familiar with this mod and another important thing is to tune the air, fuel and ignition setting to match the engine.

Expect to gain an increased power and fuel economy due to the more efficient fuel injection system compared to carbs. The gain is also dependent on the a/f setting.

Hope this helps...thanx!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bro,

i'm having a very very noob problem, does anyone know how to remove the original gear knob ?
i found it hard as i did try to turn anti clock wise ... but it seems not working ...

i bought a new gear knob from MSE already, it is a screw joint ...

anyone here got idea ... ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience