Is HWL good enough for satria gti?

eg9525, where is the factory? How to get there? Address? Are we allowed to buy straight from the factory? I have heard rumors about stories similar to yours.

glee,
i guess u r somehow true. just the matter how long it last.

kona,
which shop u got it from?

Wildboar,
i guess MT1 is monotube. i actually seen the different between mono and twin in speedworks. the sales guy there explain to me how does it work. u r right..there r 2 tubes in the absorber. one is the whole thing and one more tube inside. it divides between the gas and the oil. something like that la. i cannot remember liao.

eg9525,
hmm.. good idea...seems like i shld go there directly to the factory in sg buloh. but can they sell to us directly? do u have their address and phone number?

initialD,
u getting one for urself too? when r u planning to get it? perhaps we can go together and install it. probably can get cheaper price. :D

i got mine at sunway..
the name of the shop is HUP SOON...
same row as daiichi but further up...
eh..
can change setting?
how?
coz mine they neva say anythin aso..
just plug in n drive..

vernshang, I have been on my K.O. stock absorbers for almost a year now. Need to change it liao.

But where is the factory and are we able to purchase directly? RM1500 is a good price. Lasttime somebody wanted to sell me a second hand set for RM1800...lucky I didn't get it.

Originally posted by wildboar@Nov 18 2004, 14:10
anyone know where i can find pictures of the apm monotube & twin tubes?? i have no idea how they are different...i know monotube is a single and twin is 2 tubes la but i dunno wat the actual things look like...

btw, are the hwl mt1 monotubes or twin tubes??

i opened up a thread...appreciate if u guys could provide some feedback...

pls provide feedback
HWL's are twintubes.

they are cheaper and easier to produce as you mentioned. Monotubes require more precision. The design of the monotube itself is not noisy.. If your monotube shocks are noisy, there could be a problem somewhere else.

for racing applications, monotubes are the main choice. They are less prone to overheating and bubbling in the fluid. From the outside, you cant tell how they look like, but the monotubes in general, the tubes are smaller in diameter.

haha, tein serviceable, damn right it is serviceable,
but would u want them to take it back to japan and service while u wait for few weeks?
ask acbc la bout this.

i got mine for RM1550 including installation,
i dunno whether its monotube or single tube, i just drive..hehe,
most prolly the nyek nyek sound comes from ur 'konged' bushing,
i replace the mount pillowball and the sound gone immideatly,
ride i would say is good, not too bouncy nor to soft,
just nice for me since i did my setting at their factory by mr wong,
cornering is nice also, i have no problems doing high speed cornering at penchala link(not really high speed la, but quite fast la),
basically im very puas hati with this hwl MT1 im using.

Originally posted by InitialD@Nov 18 2004, 15:11
eg9525, where is the factory? How to get there? Address? Are we allowed to buy straight from the factory? I have heard rumors about stories similar to yours.
bro,

this their contact details...

TOP PERFECT SDN BHD
Tel : 03-61571370
Fax : 03-61571371
Email : [email protected]

The BOSS... Mr Wong 016-6682187 or 019-6682187

you can request them to fax you their location map. just call them 1st, check with them whether you can get direct from them or not. but my advise is better get direct from them, and install over there. so, you can test drive before you do your payment.... just pay extra RM100 for installation.. is safer this way. the last time i heard from them, they are launching a new HWL absorbers for Proton Cars... just double check with them.. consult the BOSS...

if you really got the budget, you can consider TiTAN... a lot of good feedback from users..... don't get yr HWL absorbers from the local dealers... some of them are con shop.. they will give you the old settings..... B)

umm quite agree with you... last time I lowered my car untill 2 fingers.. but quite bumby... now I set it up to 3 fingers.. but the during fast conering still manage to control... not bad la... especially when you speed up to 90km/h... for cornering.. like tak ada rasa at all... very stable...

Originally posted by eg9525@Nov 18 2004, 19:57
if you prefer comfort ride, then u can consider KONi... i used b4.. not bad..
totally agree with u - koni shocks with eibach federn springs... super comfortable yet handling still quite good.

Originally posted by crystal_method+Nov 18 2004, 20:32 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crystal_method @ Nov 18 2004, 20:32 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-eg9525@Nov 18 2004, 19:57
if you prefer comfort ride, then u can consider KONi... i used b4.. not bad..
totally agree with u - koni shocks with eibach federn springs... super comfortable yet handling still quite good. [/b][/quote]
i already have eibach springs, how much are the Konis? BTW i am driving a Satria 1.6M. are the KONis short stroke, meaning have lowring effect?...

oops just noticed the earlier post mentioned it lowers to 3 fingers :P

right now, my set up eibach + KYB black is 4 finger+ <_<

thx bro ;)

the normal Koni non adjustable cost around RM900++ if I not mistaken.. but the adjustable Hi, Low, Soft & Hard cost more than RM2.5k... without springs..

InitialD,

:lol: :lol: We r just exactly the same man! I have been with Kong-ed stock abs for many months. Braking during this period is very very very bad.
Im planning to go next sat. but guess will call top perfect in a while to confirm if we can go over there to them directly. if yes then might just do the booking for next saturday morning and get it done.
wan to go together?...will confirm with him on the price too. i will post again when i get all the information from him.

Eg9525, thanx very much for providing those info! u have been helpful

Originally posted by vernshang@Nov 19 2004, 09:12
InitialD,

:lol: :lol: We r just exactly the same man! I have been with Kong-ed stock abs for many months. Braking during this period is very very very bad.
Im planning to go next sat. but guess will call top perfect in a while to confirm if we can go over there to them directly. if yes then might just do the booking for next saturday morning and get it done.
wan to go together?...will confirm with him on the price too. i will post again when i get all the information from him.

Eg9525, thanx very much for providing those info! u have been helpful
yo vernshang..i just called wong abt an hour ago...yes we can go directly to him to buy...mebe cos im fr penang...for local kl ppl, dunno lo...but i dun see any reason y cannot..

im considering making a trip down to top perfect sumtime this month...but not sure when yet..cos me in penang ma...so need to arrange a time mebe drive down early early morning, then reach there abt 9am, get it fixed, tune to my preference if necessary then drive back to penang on the same day...mebe might drp by Klang for sum rim hunting....

btw, i was quoted RM1650 for a set of mt1 for wira gsr, not including installation of RM100...he told me it would be using progressive springs...but the thing dat shocked me is he said use 8kg front springs!!! wtf!!! dats freakin HARD...but i guess can change softer if i install it there...

but now im not sure whether i should do the conversion first or install the coilovers first...if i install first, i might need to go down for re-tune after the transplant...even wong recommended me to do the transplant first then oni go install the coilovers...wat u guys think??

wildboar,

wua how come more expensive to go top perfect itself to install it one? outside only rm1600 with installation. hmmm But if goin to top perfect is much more safer and trouble free in the future....i think adding rm100 is not a big problem la. at least save the few trip of complain next time.

when r u planning to go? if u r planning for a transplant, of coz do ur transplant first then only change ur suspension ma. else re-tune banyak ma-fan one i think.

so anyone wants to go together to top perfect on next saturday morning? :)

Vernshang and Wildboar, let's co-ordinate to go together lah. Maybe can get better price or group discount..hahahaha

Vernshang, can we do this in December?

initialD,

roughly wat is the date?...or early dec?..mid? <_<
i tot u goin to ask me to go and install first and then let me be white mousy. :D
well, i don really mind waiting. like my fren 'jay5' always say...the more the merrier. but jgn too long le....really cannot tahan my ride now. macam boat man!

what bout wildboar?..he is doin transplant first i guess

p/s: me only available on sat. u know la...makan gaji one. only off on sat and fri.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom