Honda Civic RS 8-day marathon detail inc. full wetsand

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Hello friends :wavey:

When you care for something, you want only the best for it. My buddy is of that breed. He came to see me as he wanted me correct his ride, a sporty Honda Civic. We then set a tentative date. His brother brought the car 2 days in advance. I was not at home.

The ride was well taken care of overall although with the alternate sun and rain prevailing, you can’t expect cars to be dirt-free.

I started the next day. A close inspection of embedded dirt revealed these.

The boss gives a meticulous demonstration of the job with his detailing brush, a toothbrush and Surfex diluted.

It starts raining heavily.

Washing in a bubble!

Claying

The real benefit of using clay is actually trying it out!

These are from 3 sections of a well kept car. Without claying, it would have been impossible to see the bonded contaminants!

To the defects now:

Lacking definition and depth

Extreme close-up

The rear bumper

The vertical panels

Orange peel city, helped by silver color! Not easily noticeable

Deep Scratches

Closer look

Flake-offs

I’d be very much grateful to know if anyone among you performs these touch-up repairs without using the kit.

Space conquest!

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. We are going to land on the moon!

A whole side filled with moon craters and hills!

These need re-spray of course.

Surface prepping

Wetsanding using Megs sanding block and Mirka sandpaper - 1500, 2000, 2500 depending on the severity of defects

At this stage, the owner would be shocked/shocked seeing his car gone from bad to worst!

Final Wash n Clay

It’s taken me so many days to reach here! The paint was so uneven.

Ready for Fun

My friends
Makita 9227, Flex 3401 (I’ve started to love the Flex but this hasn’t decreased my love for the Makita)
Polishes: Optimum Hyper Compound, Menzerna ( PG (the ol’ one), 203S, and PO85rd)
Pads: Optimum Wool pad, Lake Country (FWP, White and Black)
Sealant: Menzerna Powerlock
Glass: Menz PG, DP Glass Polish
Plastic trims: CG new Look Trim Gel

My first players

I used both alternatives for the first step to compare. But it’s like comparing bread and apple.
So far Menzerna PG has worked fine for me but it dries so fast and lacks the friendly touch of OHC or Menzerna 203s. Optimum HC slings but the finish is so nice. Sometimes, I felt I needed no need for refining. (Wished I had Menzerna FG500 to try and compare it with OHC)

My pal

My pal and its allies

Just need refining now

I wanted to go the least aggressive way. Without a PTG, My strategy was: sand a little, machine-polish and inspect. Resand if improvement needed.

It cost me so much time, but the outcome was beyond what was expected.

Wait! Wait! It’s not easy to be a moonwalker!

New paint bulges appeared on this panel after I wetsanded. I wanted to get a more level surface but this cycle continued so I let it go. I explained to my friend that this panel needs respray. He told me that the guy who did the paintjob sprayed the paint and clear after without letting the primer cure properly. Still, one has to look very carefully to notice them. Silver colored car!

After polishing and refining

Unfortunately, I could take many pics. I had to move back and forth wetsand, polish, see results and improve. It is so difficult to find the lesser defects on silver-colored car.

Deep scratches remained

Dear friends, how you manage with deep scratches in the absence of paint touch-up repair kits. I mean if you only have the clear coat, hardener, custom paint (of same color) from automotive paint shops?

Glass

The windows were polished with Menzerna PG and LC orange pad. Around the corners, I used Detailers Pride Glass Polish with LC orange applicator pad. Results were very nice thanks God. The water spots disappeared.

After being polished, it has still to be wiped. It was cleaned in and out with Stoner Invisible Glass.

The Headlights
The headlights were wetsanded, 1000,1500,2000 and 2500 grit. Then they were compounded and refined using Menzerna polishes

LEFT SIDE
Before

After

A month later

Right side

Its condition appeared same as the right but it was worse.

Close up

A small hole at the corner, water’s entrance

It was clear, but the glare was there. I couldn’t take the right shot. It still had some water drops inside.

Tail lights

It remained to be buffed with a microfiber

The glass, lights and paint were all cleaned with ONR and sealed with Menzerna Powerlock Sealant. Plastics were treated with CG New Look Trim Gel.

The work was finished at 7 in the evening, 8 days work per 7-8 h.

The only finishing pic I managed:

Almost a month later, my friend came to see me. I was focusing on the car. Yes it had changed since it first came here.

The right headlight is filled with moist and water.

Compared with what she looked before

Now

Craters invaded by shine
From this

To

close-up

The roof
Before

After

The hood
Before

After

The side

If you made it this far, thanks so much for reading

Looking forward for your thoughts and words of advice

Thanks so much
Zaid

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
wow wow bro
you are geeting out of hand

hahahahaha

SHOW ME YoUR WORK thats lots of it

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Awesome bro!!!

rohaansaeed

Jun 5, 2012
Karachi
You did that work with all your heart even though the car wasn't yours, hats off for that !

Loving the outcome, car is not on factory paint right?

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
You did that work with all your heart even though the car wasn't yours, hats off for that !

Loving the outcome, car is not on factory paint right?
Thanks my bro. u r right, it's done with :love:, helped by Almighty.

The car had been resprayed some 3 years back.

Take care my bro :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all master,
im planning to bolt on my car also plan to use emanage.pls advise what is good and wat is bad when i use emanage..thanks.i need opinion here.hope u all can help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience