Honda City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Raikkonen@Mar 8 2005, 22:47
hi jackie,
i tumpang drive my dad's City IDSi. i got my own SGTi.
seems like you guys r enjoying every moment with your ride, good for you all. ;)
my IDSi has only clocked 8000+km over a period of 9 months!!! talk abt under use.
i think this car is really value for money. can't complain much.
i have 2 -ve point for this ride.

1st is the interior colour... i think most of guys will know how hard it is to maintain the light beige fabric. why can't they make it darker shade?? <_<

2nd is the suspension. i find it way too soft. on many occasions i scraped the bottom while going over speed bumps.

btw i stay very near OUG too, Bukit Indah to be exact :D
and yes i did heard abt that Shell petrol station opposite Parkson, many ppl complained that their petrol are rather.... hhmmm... weird... i always go to Sri Petaling. excellent service, i know all their petrol attendants liao... bunch of helpful fellas :)
hi Raikkonen, when ya gonna give Micheal Shumacher a good run for the F1 Driver's Championship? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding man.. My mum's accent just clocked 7000 +/- km in about 9 to 10 months time.. hehe, very low mileage.. even my old civic 96 (big eye.. i trade-in for my vtec city) clocked 81000km for 8years usage.. :P

Yeap, the interior is a bit easy to get dirty so it's really up to you to make sure your car is clean ;) I'm damn paranoid with my car that i request my family to becareful with food that they brought along in the car (while eating or drinking).. or even their sweat after outdoor activities.. will prolly stink the car along <_< :P :lol:

I seriously agree with the suspension part! When full loan and driving very carefully over a bump, it still scrapes the bottom :( imagine what happens with those bodykits installed! <_< :angry:

is there anyway to stop the suspension from so much free-play? or we have to keep the ride as it is till it finishes its warranty period <_< (playing with suspension stuff, void the warranty.. not? i haven't read thorough the manual yet)

Yeap, that's the petrol station la sigh! But i hope my 2nd full tank will gimme better mileage altho these days i tend to pedal it a bit more to get to 60 - 70km/h compared to last time slowly cruising to the same speed :P I like the Seri Petaling station too, but when i pump there.. there's this old man with one-type face one.. like dun wanna do business with you :( sometimes good, sometimes bad.. adoiey!

I pump at the one at Jln Puchong cuz on the way to my university ma.. Seri Petaling, otherwise ;)

jason591974,

some ppl claim the I-DSI model is able to obtain 600km with one full tank of fuel.. I don't have the I-DSI model but even with 500km+ that's some pretty good fuel consumption to me! VTEC models will definitely get you less mileage because of the feature of the VTEC engine is for performance concentrated (with respectable fuel consumption)

psychotic_ass sifu.. when u gonna organize the yumcha session la? :lol:
weekdays night I should be free la (depends when and what time la.. and whether got assignments, projects or homework to do or not..)

i may not be free on weekends, cuz saturday/sunday are the only days i get to spend time with my family and girlfriend.. not to mention i gotta go visit my grandpa at the hospital :(

i anytime also on lah... just depends on u guys!!!

anyway... cant wait to see u guys n ur ride man.....

I can't wait to see your pimped up ride la! :lol: :lol:
since i drive at 70km/h max.. i think i'll smell smoke la.. :P :lol:

since psychotic_ass sifu suggest geh, we let him organize laaaa... ;)

wah.. haha... i'll try to organize one if can... btw where you guys stay? so can find suitable location for everyone... like somewhere inbetween everyone...

just pumped just now, and my last record was rm 40 and it clocked around 372km..forgot which one edy...kinda not bad lahh, but kena pump a few more as SA said, it will slowly improve better...so, it's around rm10 for 100km..not bad wat for a Vtec...

btw today went for my first service...the receptionist ask if i want to change the engine oil and all, which all together is rm 72 something, i guess it's good for our engine since we run in for the 1k KM, kena keluar those dirty oil and refill new one, but she say not neccessary lah, coz 5k KM edy got change oil, but i still change lah, mau sayang a bit new engine.....but not really satisfied lah.. the driver's side door, which i alwiz feel kinda hard to close properly, then i complain, who know, now open door also got sound edy after they knocked it, din notice it until i reach home, called my SA, my SA ask me to go back the SC to complain again...somemore those foreman dunno how to drive the car, scratch kau my bodykit when going to wash the car (which it's free), sigh, damn heartache...also wanna complain to them tomorrow again...sien, today damn badluck...

today after service, went try the 7 speed mode, damn damn nice, but too bad dunno how to control...coz kena watch over the speed to change its gear...then when i down shift the gear, wahlau eh...got engine braking...when i from gear 3 to 1...but dunno will spoil the gear o not...but nice lah got the speed mode...

btw, the 2003 batch one all is idsl..only after 2004 july only got vtec...

does anyone try to test their idsi b4?? any complain?? any new things?? any common???

Originally posted by sonictheory@Mar 10 2005, 02:10
just pumped just now, and my last record was rm 40 and it clocked around 372km..forgot which one edy...kinda not bad lahh, but kena pump a few more as SA said, it will slowly improve better...so, it's around rm10 for 100km..not bad wat for a Vtec...

btw today went for my first service...the receptionist ask if i want to change the engine oil and all, which all together is rm 72 something, i guess it's good for our engine since we run in for the 1k KM, kena keluar those dirty oil and refill new one, but she say not neccessary lah, coz 5k KM edy got change oil, but i still change lah, mau sayang a bit new engine.....but not really satisfied lah.. the driver's side door, which i alwiz feel kinda hard to close properly, then i complain, who know, now open door also got sound edy after they knocked it, din notice it until i reach home, called my SA, my SA ask me to go back the SC to complain again...somemore those foreman dunno how to drive the car, scratch kau my bodykit when going to wash the car (which it's free), sigh, damn heartache...also wanna complain to them tomorrow again...sien, today damn badluck...

today after service, went try the 7 speed mode, damn damn nice, but too bad dunno how to control...coz kena watch over the speed to change its gear...then when i down shift the gear, wahlau eh...got engine braking...when i from gear 3 to 1...but dunno will spoil the gear o not...but nice lah got the speed mode...

well, i definitely hope my fuel consumption will improve too B)

eh.. i thought it's maintenance free? meaning engine oil, oil filter all is included with the service? (no need to pay extras at all..) no meh?! :huh:

which service centre did you go that gave you such bad experience?

regarding the car wash, that is something that i'm quite reluctant to let them do because i figured out that we sayang our rides and wash slowly but since they are doing it for the pay, i doubt they'll be that cautious when washing our rides <_<

hehe, don't go konk out your engine playing with 7-speed mode.. jumping from 7th gear to 1st gear :P :lol:

anyway, cheer up man.. taruh sama dia orang! :angry:

oh yeah, i'm from OUG area.

Hi all city rides and Hi marlboro.

im new to this forum. ride my city idsi since end 2003. done 42K already. Then got this start clutch prob...confirm by SC. Change atf oil the prob seems disapear...no more vibration when accelarete from stop. So guys..what do u think of this problems.

Also like to share my problems with my ride
1. Start clutch --> dissapear after change ATF. <_<
2. Steering noise ----> when turn left/right ----> solved by BHS SC after 42K. B)
3. Front passger door ---> have to whack it harder to close----> can live with it already. :lol:
4. Wind noise ----> only when reach 130km/h.... (free speed limit warning device) courtesy of HM. :lol:

Any body know where to get the mugen air vent (air press) for city in ipoh?

Cheers....

Originally posted by azamez@Mar 10 2005, 13:53

im new to this forum. ride my city idsi since end 2003. done 42K already. Then got this start clutch prob...confirm by SC. Change atf oil the prob seems disapear...no more vibration when accelarete from stop. So guys..what do u think of this problems.

2. Steering noise ----> when turn left/right ----> solved by BHS SC after 42K. B)
3. Front passger door ---> have to whack it harder to close----> can live with it already. :lol:
4. Wind noise ----> only when reach 130km/h.... (free speed limit warning device) courtesy of HM. :lol:

Cheers....
seems u have banyak problem with ur ride man....
for the air venti.... aiyo...susah to get in ipoh... as i mentioned early on...
technical problem sorry lah... lets our city engineer solve it... sonic , psyco, and jackie ...

i think they can help u...

the only thing i know about my ride is to how to make it look better kakakkaka
:P

sonic... just let rev to 5.8K or 6K then change gear... the feeling very nice wan... hahaha... :lol:

Originally posted by Marlboro+Mar 10 2005, 15:00 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marlboro @ Mar 10 2005, 15:00 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-azamez@Mar 10 2005, 13:53

Cheers....
seems u have banyak problem with ur ride man....
for the air venti.... aiyo...susah to get in ipoh... as i mentioned early on...
technical problem sorry lah... lets our city engineer solve it... sonic , psyco, and jackie ...

i think they can help u...

the only thing i know about my ride is to how to make it look better kakakkaka
:P [/b][/quote]
i where got city engineer la <_< i oso only know how to make my own city look good :P :D however, no money power at the moment.. so it looks damn stock oni :lol: :lol: :lol:

regarding the wind noise.. probably sound insulation will be able to help? either that or to stop wind from entering your cabin, i guess around the door frames you need to have insulation to stop them from entering .. dunno how to explain it :( :ph34r:

yep...maybe got the lemon la..or im just to senstive to all those noises.

marlboro..
ur rite again...i read from another forum..that Japan honda engg are looking to the CVT start clutch problems. Hope they find the solution.
Regarding to my start clutch prob...the Sc gonna make claim for the parts... lucky its still under warranty. or else my poket sure koyak..

JAckie...cant understand your explaination la...about the wind noise...my fren also got problem. care to explain again. We really need ur help. :)

Peace.

well... i guess its the rubber seals that causes the wind noise...its like the rubber seals are harden already... try asking the SC center to check about it... i also have to go check that... ine 110Kph already got wind noise....

Originally posted by azamez@Mar 10 2005, 22:58
yep...maybe got the lemon la..or im just to senstive to all those noises.

marlboro..
ur rite again...i read from another forum..that Japan honda engg are looking to the CVT start clutch problems. Hope they find the solution.
Regarding to my start clutch prob...the Sc gonna make claim for the parts... lucky its still under warranty. or else my poket sure koyak..

JAckie...cant understand your explaination la...about the wind noise...my fren also got problem. care to explain again. We really need ur help. :)

Peace.
as explained by my sifu, psychotic_ass.. it's most probably the rubber seals that covers the whole door (when you open your door, you will see those rubbers all round the door).. but i don't think it'll harden so fast le..

i can be wrong but then, to avoid wind from entering through the "holes" between your door frame and door, you need a tight fit.. so in order to do so, i guess you can go about having the sound insulation material placed along the door frame so that when you shut your door, it completely seals off the cabin.. but then, make sure how thick is the insulation material la, later u stick all round the cabin.. cannot close the door then hai lat lo :P :lol: :lol:

make sure your windows are completely wind up too because wind can enter from there too ;)

i have yet to travel above 70km/h.. so i hope i don't get the problem la, otherwise gotta spend $$ on sealing off these sounds <_<

btw, what is this CVT start clutch thingy? i dun understand le.. hopefully I don't get into this problem wei.. sounds rather expensive to get it repaired :ph34r:

Originally posted by Jackie Leong+Mar 10 2005, 09:48 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jackie Leong @ Mar 10 2005, 09:48 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonictheory@Mar 10 2005, 02:10

well, i definitely hope my fuel consumption will improve too B)

eh.. i thought it's maintenance free? meaning engine oil, oil filter all is included with the service? (no need to pay extras at all..) no meh?! :huh:

which service centre did you go that gave you such bad experience?

regarding the car wash, that is something that i'm quite reluctant to let them do because i figured out that we sayang our rides and wash slowly but since they are doing it for the pay, i doubt they'll be that cautious when washing our rides <_<

hehe, don't go konk out your engine playing with 7-speed mode.. jumping from 7th gear to 1st gear :P :lol:

anyway, cheer up man.. taruh sama dia orang! :angry:

oh yeah, i'm from OUG area. [/b][/quote]
yeah maintainence is free..but the changing oil is extra, it's not neccessary...coz it will change when 5k...but wana sayang my engine even more mah...give them a new oil after run in lo...so kena charge lo

today went back to the SC, the problem solved...but the bodykit still sigh...somemore they say it's not their work...impossible will scratch my bodykit and all...then wanna ask their head first before touch up ...aih....

btw...i know there's a start clutch problem, but dunno how does it happen..? i mean any hint that show the car got start cluctch problem?

haha, i see..

so any news about those idiots scratching your car while handling it? that's why i'm still thinking whether or not to let them wash the car.. I mean, it's just gonna take me an hour like that just to clean up my car.. is it worth letting others washing it and risk having a heartache when scratches starts appearing all over? <_< :angry:

i'm wondering about the start clutch problem as well.. hope someone could elaborate on that particular matter..

oitz, enter 2nd page liao (of the forum).. bump bump :ph34r: :lol:

dont worry bout the speed too much, the ecu will take over if u forgot to change gear.........in manual mode of coz........

even in manual mode, its semi auto actually........proven hehe

Originally posted by TODA6866+Mar 11 2005, 13:20 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TODA6866 @ Mar 11 2005, 13:20 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonictheory@Mar 10 2005, 02:10

dont worry bout the speed too much, the ecu will take over if u forgot to change gear.........in manual mode of coz........

even in manual mode, its semi auto actually........proven hehe [/b][/quote]
toda : i agree with ..uu!!!

really guys dont be afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom