HKS Vein Pressure Converter

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
hi all,

need ur advise on this setup, i intend to purchase the whole VPC setup to replace my MAF on my 4G93T, i know that this VPC converter has few accessories, the related sensors to convert to speed density, GCC and i dunno wat's the specific roms are for....

i heard the tuning is straight forward and simple, but can anyone PULEEZ enlighten me how much i need to spend and get it in good working order for this setup?

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Bro,
This device quit expensive unless it is "use-hand" or "second" or "third" hand.
The air flow for 4G93T should be not problem ( even EVO X with mivec also using this kind of air flow system )
It is much better use your money on piggy back like "The Blue" or money is not the isu then install stand alone unit like Haltech E6X, or middle price will be my ecu....he..he...he

Good Luck

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
HKS VPC & GCC is quite dated management system. (about 8~10 years old)

If I'm not mistaken, the main purpose of VPC is to replace the MAF with MAP.

If replacing the restrictive MAF is your objetive, I believe you'd better off with a Microtech system.

Microtech has an entry level system that allows MAF to be replaced with MAP.

Check out Millenium for details.

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
Joeker said:
HKS VPC & GCC is quite dated management system. (about 8~10 years old)

If I'm not mistaken, the main purpose of VPC is to replace the MAF with MAP.

If replacing the restrictive MAF is your objetive, I believe you'd better off with a Microtech system.

Microtech has an entry level system that allows MAF to be replaced with MAP.

Check out Millenium for details.
yo brothers!!

thanks for the reply, ur input is highly regarded, hks vpc is indeed expensive, just called joshua from millenium, told me MT-4 the entry level costs will cost me RM 2.8K with tuning n installation.... though it's a piggyback still but i still can throw away my MAF....

does anyone know how to install MAF-Translator module using GM blow thru setup, meaning to say converting the whole MAF to Speed Density, using GM sensors to feed the signals probably add 1 Intake Air Temp Signal then feed to MAF-T, then to my ECU, then perhaps i could relocate the whole blow thru just right before my BOV right?? wat u guys reckon?????

cheers,

happy boosting!!

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
yo bro EcuPrO,

please quote me ur ECU price, plus map sensor or watever blow thru or speed density setup, also pls tell me ur specs, standalone? piggy? input variables? selectables maps on external switch?? any other bonuses?

haltech is more than the region of 5, say eg 6 n ur half u mentioned should falls within the range of mt-4, lemme think after ur input, but i hope u could help reply to me on the MAF Translator module questions...

cheers dude!!!

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
kennethfong
Em....Due to the Mitsubishi air box ( with air flow ) is "close box" design, if the air of the bow is blow outside, you will have "stall engine" ( very low idle or even die off). I thing that is why is need MAF Translator module.

The output of the Mitsubishi air flow is using frequency type and not voltage outpout, hope this module can convert to frequency type. in order to suit the stock ecu.

For Nissan's Hot wire air flow type is voltage output type in order to suit the stock ecu.

Well, my ecu is a standalone type ( please looke for the thread, "Local ecu", you may find some infor there or PM me)

I think there is a "sample car, 4G93T" in KL. ( Mr.Lim, 019-2142208 )

Good Luck.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can i just add another higher flow fuel pump on the fuel line without taking off the lower flow rate pump in the tank ~

Thanks for any info =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience