HI RE buddies!! i got a weird issue here!!

Erix7

Known Member
well, i got a question here....posting on behalf of my fren which is when he accelerate more than 6k of rpm, the left part of his FD is starting to make some sound which is like " proook proook proook " not a loud one.....wat happen ah??? when i was sitting in his car i can feel n hear it too..
i cant figure out wats wrong so i guess some pro in here could solve it..

any ideas of this issue???

any clue???????????
any advise is greatly appreciated!!

cheers mate!!

emmm...above 6k rpm..when u turn on the air-con..the engine will off automatically?? what happen when everytime he start the engine?? smooth??

is the sound coming from turbine side of car? If it is and he is still running airpump then a hose has come loose. At the same time the sound could be knocking and the ecu is dumping in extra fuel. When extra fuel is being dumped in the fuelpump could have reached threshold therefore cut of RPM. I'm really shooting in the dark here. Kindly list modifications. Heat light flickering on the dash?

FD3S: well, as i seen when he rev with air cond on...thr is no problem wor...starting the car also smooth la..thats why i cant figure it out..

Phat7: exactly..from the left side o right side i guess...can feel it knocking too..like when i sit inside can feel like ppl knocking the door..but for a while when revving high rpm..when doin normal drive its alright...

heat light is not flashing though...everything is alright..just losing some G force n boost when accelerate more than 6k rpm..feels like erm..no eat rice...
i think u got the point thr..maybe its the hoses...

anything to add in ??? more clues, easier job...

he is mod is still twin turbo la...kinda factory la everything....

thanks for all the replies..me n my fren really appreciate it!!

I have da same problem too since 2 months ago. The car was like vibrating with the knocking sound coming out from the shaft underneath the gearbox when revving it high. Mine its kinda loud. I dun think its gonna be anything doing wif da engine. Need help also!!!

hmmm....so how is ur car now??? still driving it o u fix it?

Sorry guys been busy with work. OK. I'd check the airpump hose to see of its connected or damaged. This hose is known to crack disconnect and resulting in moooo,boooo kinda noise.

I'd also suggest he has a look at the vacuum hoses. The twins are controlled and actuated by the vacuum.

CHeck fuel pump. I'd look at the fuel filter and pump at the same time.Good idea to run the pump direct of the battery.Also check fuel pressure.

I would also suggest he check plugs. Reset ECU and retest.

Good luck.

hehe..updates...my fren said he feels the car now like tyre is puncture kinda feel...but his tyre is not even puncture..

he said thats the kind of feeling n sound when he is driving it now wor...

clue cluess..

did someone fix this issue ?
i'm having it as well.
i kinda don't care it.... not runing lean as my a/f is less than 10

alchemis- less than 10 is waaay to rich. are you sure you;re reading correctly?

if there are knocking sounds from engine, try to replace a new fuel pump or direct the wires from the battery.

also check engine moulding (left and right). does it still in good condition?

oh yeah i'm having less than 10 :) confirmed by Josh :)
9,8... which is the sensor's limitation.... flat straight line 9.8 from 5 K onwards to 8 K

I'm with doink here ...but shooting in the dark as well. Do a visual on your driveshaft boots and make sure they are intact. Grab and shake the shafts to see if there are any play in the CV joints.

Cheers

Top Bottom