Hi guys, Please help...

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, Recently i buy a new car and Wash & Wax myself... but first time (Beginner) wash car and using sponge... cause my car have a lots "swirl"(is it call light scratch?)... only polish can fix this? But new car wooo.... should i polish? I am so sad when i saw that swirl...

I am using meguiars product now (after saw the swirl)... but what wax best for new car? Polish Wax is a Wax or Polish (current using...)?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
The swirls may be inflicted from the dealer or maybe during your washing. Most new cars have free swirls as standard option. Don't worry.

Best to use wash mitt or micro fibre for washing. Sponge is fine. But don't use cheapo Giant sponge la. And use the 2 bucket system. After each wipe of wash solution onto your car, wash the sponge in a separate bucket of clean water before reusing again.

Maybe you can send your car for a detail once. then after that, jus regularly maintain it with weekly wash and monthly wax.

To ans your ques, there are few types of waxes. For regular use, just use pure wax. Those polish + wax (all in one) product are not good for regular use as they contain abrasive.

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The swirls may be inflicted from the dealer or maybe during your washing. Most new cars have free swirls as standard option. Don't worry.

Best to use wash mitt or micro fibre for washing. Sponge is fine. But don't use cheapo Giant sponge la. And use the 2 bucket system. After each wipe of wash solution onto your car, wash the sponge in a separate bucket of clean water before reusing again.

Maybe you can send your car for a detail once. then after that, jus regularly maintain it with weekly wash and monthly wax.

To ans your ques, there are few types of waxes. For regular use, just use pure wax. Those polish + wax (all in one) product are not good for regular use as they contain abrasive.
thanks bro. thanks for ur reply~~~

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Swirls are the common damages due to washing or improper washing techniques.

It does not matter if your car is new or 30 years old, it can be polished. Polishing will not remove the swirls. Only correction can save your car from the swirl damages..

Optimum No Rinse wash + Opti-Mint is the best combination to have a swirl-free wash. I have tried it on my own car, On other people's cars, my family member's car. No swirls generated during wash. Optimum No Rinse wash is so easy to use it just takes 10minutes to wash and dry the car.

Whilst protection as in Car wax, I would suggest Optimum Car Wax which you spray > wipe > walk away and enjoy your coffee. As easy as that. It just takes 5 minutes to wax a car.

bktay

Jan 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Swirls are the common damages due to washing or improper washing techniques.

It does not matter if your car is new or 30 years old, it can be polished. Polishing will not remove the swirls. Only correction can save your car from the swirl damages..

Optimum No Rinse wash + Opti-Mint is the best combination to have a swirl-free wash. I have tried it on my own car, On other people's cars, my family member's car. No swirls generated during wash. Optimum No Rinse wash is so easy to use it just takes 10minutes to wash and dry the car.

Whilst protection as in Car wax, I would suggest Optimum Car Wax which you spray > wipe > walk away and enjoy your coffee. As easy as that. It just takes 5 minutes to wax a car.
thanks for reply bro!!!
The product you mention better than meguiars? Currently i am using meguiars. Where can buy?

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
thanks for reply bro!!!
The product you mention better than meguiars? Currently i am using meguiars. Where can buy?
I would not say which product is better than which. For me its just because it give me convenience for a working professional like me to wash and wax my car in just tat few minutes. For people like me that are always on the run, we need fast and quick. hence i choose optimum

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i always dont like use paste wax/liquid wax & liquid sealant cause waste time and energy. no matter how many layer you applied it still will melt cause malaysia hot country mah. i will advice you use spray wax. 2 weeks top up once your car will look great and save your time and energy. if you still want to use paste wax i can sell you mine, only use about 3-4times NXT 2.0 paste.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
I would not say which product is better than which. For me its just because it give me convenience for a working professional like me to wash and wax my car in just tat few minutes. For people like me that are always on the run, we need fast and quick. hence i choose optimum
try washing & waxing 12 in 2 hours...hahahahahaha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I believe all products got their goods. There are many established brands out there are no one can say that they are not good. But the thing about optimum is the simplicity and speed at which you can work. I have been using ONR and today, I thought why not I try to wash my car the old style. It absolutely kills me man. I really feel so so lazy and tired.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I believe all products got their goods. There are many established brands out there are no one can say that they are not good. But the thing about optimum is the simplicity and speed at which you can work. I have been using ONR and today, I thought why not I try to wash my car the old style. It absolutely kills me man. I really feel so so lazy and tired.
Agree...

ONR - for fast and effective wash. Saves a lot of time.
OCWax/Opti-seal - for fast, lasting and durable protection. Gives slickness and shine too.
OPC - for fast and effective cleaning of almost everything from engine bay, panels to delicate interior fabric/leather
Opti mitt - super charge your ONR wash. Makes it safer and faster.

Now I am using Osren's latest white chamois for even safer and faster drying after ONR wash. Hehehe got to try it. Not too expensive.:biggrin:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
can show wit photo ka? hehe
Er... No photo la. Maybe I will take one tomorrow cause going to osren. Just a plain white color chamois. Not too thick. Better than Mr clean, etc as it does not harden like cardboard after drying. No need to keep in damp container. White color is good as you would know when it is dirty. Easy to clean too... Absorbs lots of water and cheap too. Should go see osren latest premium MF towels too... Very very very nice to use and plush.

BTW, I am not working for osren. Just a consumer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This chinese version the websire for chinese ishttp://store.pchome.com.tw/zymol/M00182969.htm
For english version is http://www.vertar.com/product.asp?P_ID=179

It is cost about Rm 23000. For two bottle. crazy

I think chinese version is explain more detailed than english. So sorry can provide in much in english version. Just translate some of them

Zymol Royale Glaze 皇家釉蠟
◎包含70%巴西第1棕櫚蠟。

最初是為了保護 (protect )Bugatti...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience