help! A32 power steering got prob..

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
my power steering pump hose burst n lost all the fluid. replace the hose n now got sound from the power steering. turning the steering wheel a bit will coz the sound become louder. changed the power steering pump edi but the sound still there. the sound comes as soon as engine been started. thanx for any feedbakcs

Last edited:
bro ur power steering hose burst when in driving or idling?? is the sound come out from oil steering pump? or any where else.

if you use non original hose, many case it will have sound. You need to use original hose. not cheap for original hose.

i change one before ori with thermal insulation (alu), damn x-pensive & also damn susah to chg.
for my case is just leak niah..

it burst while driving. hi steering load not that bad. my opinion is just like it's insufficient fluid pumped to the power steering pump.

My last "noisy" steering rack experience is due to low fluid too...good luck..:rolleyes:

havent solved it yet. changed to orginal hose also still makes that sound. must be some dirt blocked somewhere...

could it be the :

Bleeding Hydraulic (Cont’d)
Incomplete air bleeding will cause the following to occur. When this happens, bleed air again.
a. Air bubbles in reservoir tank
b. Clicking noise in oil pump
c. Excessive buzzing in oil pump
Fluid noise may occur in the valve or oil pump. This is common when the vehicle is stationary or while turning steering wheel slowly. This does not affect performance or durability of the system

http://boredmder.com/FSM/Nissan/Maxima/1997/st.pdf

Last edited:
problem solved. it's the steering rack coz the noise not the pump. thanx guys...

Top Bottom