GSR or EVOIII???

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
My car is runnin on a VR4 which i have been using it for the past 2 years n im unhappy with the performance due to the all sort of faulty that has caused.Im planning to change my engine n im not sure which will be better.If i choose mivec is it safe if i put in turbo?
(GSR or EVOIII)
which will last longer?
about the maintenance?
fuel consumption?
JPJ?
smoother driving? no idea bout these engine
reccomendation plz?

Im confused and do need help here???:confused_smile:

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
If you willing to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.8 then is GSR else Evo III lor :D

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
With the cost of swapping another engine, why dont you find a good workshop to get your current engine fixed (or maybe upgrade)? VR4 has a lot of potential and is not as problematic as most people tend to think.

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
currently im not sure which is the best workshop to upgrade or fix my engine.Any shop reccomendation? Besides that my engine had a problem where i had to change my engine head. My clutch are extremely hard n i the engine makes all sort of noise.Actually i do not know much bout engine so maybe u could reccomend a workshop?

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
currently im not sure which is the best workshop to upgrade or fix my engine.Any shop reccomendation? Besides that my engine had a problem where i had to change my engine head. My clutch are extremely hard n i the engine makes all sort of noise.Actually i do not know much bout engine so maybe u could reccomend a workshop?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
if u cant bear to maintain vr4, i would recommend u to change to gsr. if u use evo, the driveshafts, mountings, and other wear n tear parts would suffer the same fate. and if evo cause problem, it would cost double the price of vr4 parts. gsr is probably the most reliable mitsu turbo engine.

morgan

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
plz recommend me a shop which is reliable where i can upgrade or fix my engine.PLZ????? im not sure where to go, coz the former engine that im using cost me 7,500 n the foremen cheated me all sorts of thing.so i need to know somewhere that i can rely. Thanks for the feedback.Really appreciate man..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i highly recommend DS Proservice in gombak. many satisfied customers here in this forum. including our turbo master jinkl...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
enuff of vr4 vs gsr vs evo topic la man :(

hassle free go get evo III and plonk in, keep it STOCk n run
dont kacau ahhh, warning evo III not meant for kacau hahhahahahaha

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
morgan,

sell ur wiring & ecu then get evo 1...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Plonk in a stock standard engine and don't modify at all... then no problems lor.

Actually whether or not an engine is reliable depends very highly on the owner lar... u can't classify VR4 generally as a problematic engine... coz' there are so many well maintained VR4s out there.
Those that are problematic are usually from those people who got no money to play car but die die also wanna play car... then end up all use cheap parts that fail very easily... then all wanna upboost but no money buy ECU... then all funny problems start come lor.

If i were u... I'd just do a full overhaul, and change all worn parts all at once... then mah confirm reliable liau lor ur engine. =Þ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using a 1983 e28........
how to cuci da spark plugs?

the plugs are
SPARK PLUGS BOSCH SUPER BP5ES
W8DC

can sum1 teach me any other ways to wash the plugs?
the technique im using now is
i first wash it in petrol.....then i use a tooth brush to wash the head.......then i wash again n use the sand paper to scrap the black stuffz....(if not mistaken is copper oxide) then i wash again.......kau tim.....clean like new....
any other wayz? plz share

*reposting this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience