Groaning sound during braking

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
I'm driving a Wira SE with front disc brake and rear drum brake. Sometimes during braking, i will hear some sort of groaning sound from front part of the car. It will only happen below 30km/h speed. Means during high speed braking don't have this sound until reach below 30km/h, the sound comes out. And i do feel slight vibration from front part. Any idea what's the problem?
Btw, i'm using Bendix metal king gold brake pad...
The sound happen quite a few months ago but i never pay attention to it until now i feel annoyed...

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Check ur brakes...maybe they need to be serviced....mine was stuck but after service,ok already.

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
just checked my brake disc... the surface seems to be a bit uneven when i run through my finger across it...
i think have to go skim it...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
if your disc is warped to the extend that skimming would not help.. have to change the disc. this happens when your disc is hot and suddenly exposed to water. (sudden temperature change) usually skimming is for slight uneven disc rotor. this is when u apply your brakes u can feel vibrations. typically a disc rotor can be skimmed 2 times before it losses its optimum braking performance. hope that helps.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I'm facing the same problem as well, but my case is only the rear, just notice the sound today. I'm using drum brakes for rear.

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
I think my brake disc never exposed to water suddenly when it's hot. I only feel slight vibrations if i'm braking at a very low speed or once the speed becomes very low. Meaning that i feel normal on high speed braking and the sound and slight vibration only comes out when the speed is very low such as 20km/h...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

New Breed of Eagles – Goodyear’s ultra, ultra high performance road tyres, the Eagle F1 SuperSport, SuperSport R and SuperSport RS are now in Malaysia!

The SuperSport RS compete directly with Michelin’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 and was recently adopted as one of Porsche’s factory tyres for the 911 GT2 RS..

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience