fuel consumption for fd3s

freakyp

Known Member
can anybody tell me wat's the normal fuel consumption for fd3s??

6km/litre. 6.5 if you take it easy. 7 if you dont ever get caught in traffic jam and take it easy.

this is too often repeated question.

Blackie,

Good grief, you are comparing with a DATSUN??? No idea about that car but isnt it supposed to be quite fuel efficient?

RX8 fuel consumption is only marginally better than FD-FC. Some articles note that the RX8 has fc that is within acceptable limits due to better efficiencies but no one has been able to verify this.

My understanding is RX8 has a 60liter gas tank. It does 360-400 KMs per full tank (and that's the upper limit). That's 6.5km/litre, not much diff from FD.

hard to compare.... differant pl have differant driving habits.... but being a weekend car that only come out every weekend, it is meant to be whacked to give the driver pleasure for the whole week b4 the next session ... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

y mine fd consume so much fuel... full tank only can get 200km... y?? plz help...:adore:

Really? Please check how many liters you pump against the trip meter.

Sometimes the fuel level baffle is spoilt so appears you run out quicker.

i service the throtle body once n the tuning gone totally out rpm sky high... went to Guna in jb he fixed the high rpm but my fd gone lack of power... be4 i bought the fd is actually tuned by ah choi told by previous owner...

Does FD have a BAC?

Were the injectors changed to larger ones?

RX8 fuel consumption is only marginally better than FD-FC. Some articles note that the RX8 has fc that is within acceptable limits due to better efficiencies but no one has been able to verify this.

My understanding is RX8 has a 60liter gas tank. It does 360-400 KMs per full tank (and that's the upper limit). That's 6.5km/litre, not much diff from FD.

My 6mt rx8, on highway with static 120km/h, half tank for 300km + a bit. On town, full tank about 380-480km, depends on driving style. Last time spent 4.5 hours from kuantan to ipoh, with several stop (eat wrong breakfast), then accidentally missed batang kali and when into kl. Used up 1.5 tank. I can be faster if no speed cut. So I think the fc is very reasonable. Those with high fc probably because the compression no good or something else (old spark plug, gear ratio, heat near fuel tank, mushroom or etc). It also can be as simple as a false signal from the llittle O2 sensor. I don't know much about FD's 13BT but that is what generally happen to most car.

csl,

fuel consumption on highway is never counted.

My FC can do 550KM on highway non-stop with 15min at 180KM/H constant driving. City driving drops to 270KM.
I have seen FD do the same but city drive can be 300+KM with gentle right food, no traffic.

freakyp,

Bypass Air Control Valve... I am quite certain that FD does not have one... but then how do FD's control idle speeds?

thx guys... will do more test on my fd... will keep u guys update... thx alot:adore:

FD's fc sounds like not that bad as what people say. I though is something about 250km per tank.

hey guys...I need help!!:itsme:......I would really like to noe if rx-8 is suitable for a family man who plans to use it as a daily car....Workplace not really dat far and i wont rev damn ganas:smokin:..(probably until 5 max :P)..Thx in advance

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom