Finding Satria Neo

nope. went around JB area, no news of those yet....

i traded mine for RM1.5k. not sure how's the market up in KL...

alexklg said:
i traded mine for RM1.5k. not sure how's the market up in KL...

That's a pretty good deal you got, i've been asking around klang valley area, trade-in for neo wheels ain't that high. Neo's wheels 4 or 5 holes? Another question does anybody have any idea whats the weight between neo & the old satria? whats the difference?

ps - heh sorry i'm asking a lot of questions.

Neo's rim 4 holes nia... PCD 114.3, 7JJ, offset +42...
weight difference, not sure... hehehe....

Yesterday was driving my NEO, suddenly saw a HONDA EG - Honda Mayat, so i tot of giving it a test run, huhuh.. my NEO makan asap la.. hehe.. VTEC is still the best engine around but took the cornering was a slam, the honda had to changed to a lower gear, takut kete melayang i guess, saw some smokes coming out while taking the cornering. U guys should try the corner at the subang going out to the federal highway. but dun over do it lah!

Diffuser

Saw one of those NEO Sympony, the orange color theme? the diffuser looks nice, wonder it wud look nice on a twinkle blue NEO, give it a lower to the ground looks....uh.. kedai 'abang' bile mau keluar bodykit....

lolz... i assume that kedai 'abang' is at KL area?

otromen02, you saw the Neo Symphony on the road or showroom?

Yesterday i went Zone X to see some drifting. On the way there, i tot of testing my top speed... i only can manage 150km/h... i tot i can go faster, but the speedo just refuse to move an inch further.. damn it...

Alxklg,

NEO Sympony at the showroom lo..

hehe.. my top speed, the other day was on the way to Tg Malim to that NEO handing ceremony, then saw one Skyline GTR, so i cucuk angin dia.. haha.. at that time 160km/h, then my plate number patah, cause i did the dua lapis type. Went all the way to nilai to do that plate number, now have to do all over again. this time have to find a thinker plate i guess.

Last week i was from Rawang, late for my date, i floored the pedal, impressively 180km/h. then takut oledi cause the road was so gelap. but i noticed at 170km/h, there's a sound of wind coming through my window, aiyah!~ proton pasang tak rapat ke??

another thing i noticed, braking at 170km/j, my kete melilau.. haha.. damn scary.. heard one of the NEO customer comparing to GTI, saying that the braking system in GTI is way better, and this is what the proton ppl answer .."nak compare ngan GTI... memang lah..." i guess GTI is still the best model for proton performance car... *sigh*

another inside story... they're gonna release the NEO GTI version out of the 1.6 engine.. with some extra kit, tuning bla bla .... so later we all go send our campro engine to get 210bhp! haha...

oh another advise for the campro engine.. dont manja it too much.. besides.. the reason u bought the car pun is because u want it to roar.. haha.. ya ya... so after ur 1000km service.. give it a another run. you will feel the different, especially the pickups and the high torque rpm.. hey! what the hell am i talking about.. i dun even know hell bout engines... all i know is train ur campro hard and u will get the best out of it...

my personal opinion of the car.. despite the lack of compartment.. the high setting for the seat and the head position, is not that bad after all.. eventually.. u will love the car...i know i do..

hehe... i love my car. really manja that car now.. dun wanna rev it kau kau first.... but i did rev a bit... but one thing very scary is that the petrol went down a lot! my god... it drank the petrol like water like that... scary... want to train also my pocket going to be much lighter... while i tried to pick up, first gear seems weird... it revs up too fast in a very short time... like from 0-30km/h only... i tot 1st gear can reach 50km/h... i didn't really look at the speedo lah coz i kept my attention on the road and the tacho... but after reaching 5k rpm, i shifted to 2nd gear, this is when my car starts to accelerate much faster.... how about yours?

would really lurve to see the extras on the Neo GTI version... duno whether if we convert from our Neo to the GTI version, how much will the cost be... hope not a lot... a bit poor these days.. hahahha...

my experience with petrol.. let me see.. i fill in RM50...then went to Tg Malim (the one where i chase the skyline and broke my plate number) then decided to go to genting....so by the end of the day.. i did get 330kilos out of RM50.. that's like 65kilo per RM10. Ok loh after all the revving and ramping and what bla bla... but city driving totally different... around 55 - 60 kilos per RM10.. but still ok lah.. rite.

the gear thing.. yea.. i was surprise at first when the rpm was moving quite fast but the km/h was just like 20km/h je... eleh.. but now better la kot.. after the 1000km service. I usually change my gear around 3500 rpm. Need to work around the clutching area.. then the pickup becomes better...

Last edited:
3500 rpm arh... hmmm... i am now trying to keep my rev as low as possible.. see whether the FC improve or not... hehe...

Well interesting stories about the campro engine characteristics here, i drive a Gen2 and i don't think it will be that much of a difference between Gen2 campro and Neo's campro, as i know they have a slight revision done to it, if at any moment you are constantly thinking of petrol consumption, i'm afraid my friends you will seriously not feel the power of the car, for me revving to 5k is a norm, don't bother spending time below 3.5, the powerband is very much at the high part of the revs so keep it there, you will be surprise you will be more fuel efficient in this region, and you must also understand the fuel meter levels, from which area to which area goes down faster, for the gen2, after you've top up full tank, once the needle is at f, usually by 20-40 kms the needle will move down a notch as compared with other makes, usually up to even 80kms the needle will still be there, but with my gen2, it will stay for a while after the 1st quarter till half and from half to the lower quarter. That's the behaviour of the fuel sensor.

more fuel efficient at 3.5-5k? hmmm.. i would like to do that, but given the fact that urban driving is not suitable to rev so high. After revving so high i need to stop quite fast... my brake pads wear out much faster like that...

Heard of holding on a gear? like for example you can maintain 3rd gear if you want but of course not all the way, just adjust your driving style can already.

er.. yea.. i usually hold on to the 3rd or 4th gear, but the engine rev so loudly, unbearably had to eventually change to a higher gear, but holding to lower gear is better especially when anticipating a corner.

I think i'll just add the front strut tower Bar when ever it's available. does that improve any cornering performance? hell i donnu a thing bout cars.. *sigh*

p/s: got that from the Proton MME edition, the bodykit looks decent enough. but i think they should have done a little bit more for the car to actually look different in perspective.

alexklg said:
3500 rpm arh... hmmm... i am now trying to keep my rev as low as possible.. see whether the FC improve or not... hehe...

hi, keeping engine rev low doesn't mean save petrol...
Also depends on which gear u are using and how steep is the road if u are going uphill...

6 more days to get my neo :_:

otromen, yeah.. i agree that the engine is extremely noisy above 4k rpm... sounds like its gonna fall apart any moment.. hahaha.... the range between 3-4k rpm, the power band there is good enough for me to zip around JB town.. hehe... just love to zip around...

heard that the strut bar may increase the stability of the car. but i'm not very sure how stable after installing. Just add to let the engine bay looks cooler? hehhehe...

Speedking, good luck dude... have fun with your new ride...

Top Bottom