F1 new rules

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by BlackSamurai+Feb 24 2005, 19:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackSamurai @ Feb 24 2005, 19:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by butthead@Feb 24 2005, 16:51
<!--QuoteBegin-normality78
@Feb 16 2005, 23:44
F1 news rules is getting hopeless. what a set of tyre last 2 race. this is total bullshit. sure someone will get hurt frm this

i agree...

the rules are jus getting plain ridiculous...they said they wanted to lower costs and speed alongside increasing safety for the drivers by implementing this new rules...

my personal opinion ...safety might really be increased... but costs... that's a whole load of bullshit... of course to high budgeted teams like Williams, Toyota, McLaren and how can we forget Ferrari is not a major issue... but they had never thought of the small teams like Minardi... they'd spend years and so much money from buying peoples engines and redeveloping it...without any support they would be forced to make major redesigns to their engines...
yah, others will surprise that Ferrari is not the team with the biggest budget.
Rumous says that Toyota is the F1 team with the biggest budget on the grid since 2001.
Follow by Williams or McLaren then only Ferrari.

Poor Minardi, you hardly see them for testing.

and tyres to last a whole race... remember the Michellins in 2004... they suffured so many punctures from running long pitstops...what type of safety would they call that if any driver were to suffer a blowout during 200mph...
Ralf did ... :ph34r:
But according to Michellins analysis, all the puntures happen due to the car pick up some sharp debric on the track. But not sure is it another cover up story by the France. [/b][/quote]
yup...did heard that rumor too bout Toyota having the biggest budget..somewhere in excess of 100mil euros...

Many people say Minardi is poor... but i did remember that Murray Walker once said that by comparison, Minardi is poor compared to big budgeted teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Williams... but they still do spend 20 to 30 million euros each year... that is the money that we can't even earn in our lifetime...

Michellin coversing up bout the punctures??? i dunno... but it seems they have the most punctures during last year... and to imagine they had most of the better teams on their side...Bridgestone only had Ferrari...

FTO

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
With both Jenson Button and Takuma Sato running outside of the top eight and therefore out of the points, BAR Honda opted to bring both drivers into the pits right before the end of the 58-lap Australian Grand Prix. In doing so the team bypass the new rule that dictates that a race engine must last for two Grand Prix.
quoted from http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

FIA is so stupid with its new rules, the race is boring and now teams starting to "cheat".
I can imagine alot of teams pit near the end of the race in the future.

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
All i have to say is that the new rules is not promoting fast driving. Drivers are not attacking the track becoz every one of them are trying to preserve the tyre and engine. Maybe the new rules do help on cutting cost but definately not promoting the sport as the leading open wheel racing. Also the loop hole in the ruling, sigh... this is freaking stupid... It's really been a while since i felt sleepy when watching an F1 race. Long gone are the days when Aryton Senna blast tru the field on qualifying and race day... sigh... damn, talk about qualifying... it's stupid and i can't see why they do not want the classic qualifying format. That's promoting fast driving!!! With the new rules now, i don't think there's anyway of breaking new lap records set on last season. SIGH!!!

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
oh yeah, i believe next race in sepang will only have 8 cars finishing the race... I really can't see why there will be more than 8 cars finishing... stupid moron rules...

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
the most BRORING F1 race in history....totally HOPELESS rules..... drivers drive like tortoise..... cars slow like tortoise also ....SUX!!!!

Fcuk FIA and Bernie!!!!!

F1 cars is getting slower and slower.... like ppl is advancing to new Technology to get the cars faster but F1 now is like getting a new Technology to slow down the cars......

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I see that the new rules are not exactly popular, haha.

But rising costs is very real and very serious.
So is the power and speed of the cars.

They haven't come out with very good rules but do you have a better idea?

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
ehhh...nope..but the cost is not a problem to FIA..if the teams wan to spend this XXX amount than that is thier own policy....

i wan to see cars that are going faster, better aerodyanamics ....more overtaking and many more..go to hell with the cost ..... no money don race lo...hehehe...

:D

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
How much more money do you think companies can pool into F1? One day its going to reach critical mass and everything is gonna crash down on the teams. Teams going bankcrupt and shit. Basically F1 will implode.

And these aren't the good old days of drivers dying everytime there is a crash. Everything has to be safer cause not many people have balls of steel. But technology makes cars faster and faster, so rules have to set the limits to make them slower. But be assured that technology will catch up again. It has always been like this.

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by antaras@Mar 7 2005, 10:55
oh yeah, i believe next race in sepang will only have 8 cars finishing the race... I really can't see why there will be more than 8 cars finishing... stupid moron rules...
I wonder how will the tyres last in Sepang :unsure:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by blahblah+Mar 7 2005, 13:14 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blahblah @ Mar 7 2005, 13:14 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-antaras@Mar 7 2005, 10:55
I wonder how will the tyres last in Sepang :unsure: [/b][/quote]
extra hard compound with low grip... will see car slide around... expect takuma sato to perform cuz new engine + jap good at dori-dori :lol: :lol: :lol: jk.. jk....

anyway... IMHO the engine should not be changed after the driver have completed over 75% of the race distant. i mean if the engine blow or something its different, but if the engine is perfectly okay (or not so perfect.. but still running) then they should not be allow to use a new engine in the next gp, unless they stop before they complete 75% of the race distant. at least there will not be last lap go in pit incident.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car type : Black colour Proton Saga Iswara Aeroback

Number plate : MAQ8316

Car stolen area : Sri Rampai(setapak), KL

date : just now 6/23/2013 midnight

Nothing special about my car, all UNMODIFIED my car's back left signal light has some RED sellotape on it to prevent rain water going in.

sigh...old saga they also want to steal

Anyone spot it pls call me 016-3586077 thanks!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience