EVO2 idling problem

roninBond

dear SifuS,

my car is having idling problem, the RPM drops tremendously (nearly die) when I press the brake to stop the car esp @ traffic light.

The mechanic told me it was throttle body problem , and did the servicing on that. Man, it improves a lot. but the problem still arise after heavy rev (the aircord is no ON during heavy rev). my mechanic is cracking his head, started to comment air flow problem lah, FICD problem lah... blah...

Could any sifu tell me wat's wrong with my car ? anyway to indentify the problem ? any recommendation on mechanic who is good in diagnosing this kind of problem ?

same problem

i am having the same problem as you on my crazy car. when starting the car, the idling will shows 700-800k rpm(this is fine), it will drop to 100-200k rpm when i press the brake pedal especially coming to a traffic light. Someone said TB,Idling valve bla bla, but what is the actual cause?

EVO 2 ??!!! wat color ? i think i know this car hehehe......mechanic wise no problem pls visit PTS auto mechanic in SS3....they r very knowledgeable in fixing dis kind of prob :D

Where ?

Thanks for recommending the workshop, may I know where is the exact location ? or contact number ? your help is much appreaciated :)

just try changing ur throttle body . if still problem still got try checking ur idling sensor .. cud be maybe the getah or some seal leaking .. last time my car oso like that.. if air flow sensor ur car will be like misfiring to the max

Hey ..... i think is the way u guys drive. Wat i mean is that after u all rev high and wanna stop, u all will step on the clutch right ?? thats wat causing the rpm to drop very fast and low. U guys try don step on the clutch so early or sudden. Donno how to say la. u guys understand wat i mean ??

DDgreystar said:
EVO 2 ??!!! wat color ? i think i know this car hehehe......mechanic wise no problem pls visit PTS auto mechanic in SS3....they r very knowledgeable in fixing dis kind of prob :D

Hi bro DDgreystar,

I've also experienced the same kind of problem...Already change t/b, change FICD, change spark plug...No vacuum host leak...Problem still occurs....Bro, can u give me the full address of the shop...u can pm me..
tq

DDgreystar said:

Hi bro DDgreystar,

I've also experienced the same kind of problem...Already change t/b, change FICD, change spark plug...No vacuum host leak...Problem still occurs....Bro, can u give me the full address of the shop & contact number...u can pm me..

tq

my 2 cents

Chk the stepper motor and the EGR. Possibly 'Kong' need replacement.

The FICD is meant to increase your RPM timing whenever the A/C is turned on...rite? In my case, to be specific, the rpm needle will goes from 1k to 200 back to 1k in the following scenarios:
1. In idle mode, start engine for the 2nd time (engine is still warm) e.g. with 1/2 hr to 1 hr gaps....
2. Reaching t/light, shifting to low gear & pressing brake to stop...

In both cases, AC is OFF..& engine feeling like to come to a halt/ shaking..But when AC is ON, the RPM problem not so noticeable since FICD will increase timing...
List of thing which i have done to solve my problem so far:
1. change new TB
2. change new FICD for AC (it helps during AC on but not off)
3. adjust TB valve
4. adjust Air intake valve

Bro ATKturbo,
How do we want to know if the EGR got problem?

Bro DDgreystar,
I not yet goin' to the shop...& planning to go there soon...:)

I unplugged the ISC cable and RPM shot up to 2000 but very unstable. However, with AC switched ON, it drops to 1500 and with some adjustment to biss screw, I managed to bring it down to 900. Not bad... car is smooth, traffic lights also smooth n no vibration.

However... I did notice 1 thing... FC is HIGH! And AC won't cut on high RPMs.

aiyoh, im facing the same problem in my car. Reading previous posts, think we haven't narrowed down what could be wrong right? all i can think of is the FICD, or throttle body, or maybe Air flow sensor?

That's it... I'm giving up... will opt for E-manage or Unichip since both can control A/C or idling.

acbc, do you have the same idling/engine dead problem with your car?

will e-manage solve the problem u think?

Yeah. I've the same problem... especially during hot weather, idling will drop to 400 n dies at traffic lights.

Or, the AC will cut on/off.

Everyone I asked suspect 2 things:

1. ECU
2. ISC

I've changed ISC twice n still the same prob. Looks like I will take the car to GT Auto for some professional advice.

As for E-manage, I've read somewhere it can help but I won't know until I ask around.