Evo 6 stolen and recovered on the same night

encikjobs

My Evo 6 got stolen from in front of my condo in Damasara Perdana on Friday night at about 1.00 am. I rushed down to the police station to make a report and it was recovered within an hour so I had it back home by 3am. They stole my player and boost controller but its damn lucky that the anti hijack immoblizer stopped the car within a few mins of them stealing it. It was found on the LDP and towed back to the police station afterwards.

Just a warning to all the other evo owners out there to never ever ever park your car on the roadside. Damansara Perdana is a hotspot for cars to get stolen and it was stupid of me to park it on the main road in front of the condo. I left it there about 9pm and when I went to repark it at 1am it was gone. Its the first time I have ever parked it on the road in front (Jalan PJU 8/1) and its also the last time I will ever do that. Please be warned on this esp those who stay in DP. Its a truly fucked up feeling to come down and see your car not there. Am very very lucky to have got my car back..if not for the anti hijack immobiliser stopping the car it would have been completely gone by now.

Its a shame when you cant even drive a 9 year old car worth < 100k and not have to worry about it getting stolen. On top of which, the police are quite useless. When I went to make the report, they were more concerned with asking me my race, occupation, religion (all the irrelevant stuff) than asking about the car make, color, number plate. They wouldnt take my report on the phone and asked me to come down in person to the station. which meant that it was more than 20 mins after I realised that my car was stolen before anybody bothered to announce on the police broadcast system to look out for it. If it wasnt for the immobilizer, it would have been long gone before any police car would have had the chance to notice it.

But I guess thats what we have to put up with here. I am very relieved to have my car back and the whole experience has been a real eye opener. You cant rely on anybody to help you and there are people out there looking to steal these cars. The only way to prevent this is to take precautions and to spend $$$$ on your alarm system. Am now looking at GPS/GSM systems so if anybody has any recommendations on this, am open to suggestions.

damansara perdana is hotspotz for car thieves.....my friend's scooby and some evo's got stolen nearby there too...especially the condo Pa** Sp**** and etc etc

glad to hear u have recovered it....cheerz

Last edited:
good for you bro, at least you managed to find back your car.

for gsm tracker, you can try captor (sri hartamas - near the true fitness) or cobraconnex (kelana jaya, elegance auto).

directions to elegance auto :
1. take LDP (from taman megah heading towards motorola), after u pass giant, keep left.

2. when u see kastam malaysia building (grey/silver building), turn left at the junction.

3. you will come to a traffic light in less than 100m but u just keep going straight.

4. u will see a few rows of shoplots on your right, next to a small field. turn right into the first row of shoplots (you'll see 7-11 at the corner when you turn in).

5. go till the end and then turn left into the shoplots behind. elegance audio is the 2nd shoplot beside a workshop.

address is 3 & 5, jalan ss5b/4. u can also call 03-7877-8240 to check the price first.

captor will cost RM 2.5k excluding monthly fees. i'm not sure how much is cobraconnex. hope this helps.

Palm spring very dangerous kelisa also they whack... almost every week one car go missing at the condo road side parking:banghead:... but police not doing anything...

Yeah palm springs is a dangerous area if you park your car outside along the road.
About 4 or 5 years ago when i was staying there, someone tried to steal my gf's gti also.

It was parked there for only about an hour, when we headed out for dinner, entered the car and found the steering column covers removed, immobiliser activated and battery unplugged.

Like encikjobs' case, thanks to the immobiliser, there weren't even able to start the car.

Isnt palm spring in mutiara damansara rather then damansara perdana?

Palm spring very dangerous kelisa also they whack... almost every week one car go missing at the condo road side parking:banghead:... but police not doing anything...

woahh.... next round if going to fren's hauzz must take cab over there liao... to prevent car being stolen... :stupid:

just so y'all know...Palm Spring IS NOT a part of Damansara Perdana...it is Mutiara Damansara...don't be confused and start pin pointing places to be HOT SPOT...

owh.... i thot u said e7 that bro evoz mentioned... lolx.... nolah not mine in geran written hakmilik PB bank :thefinger:
that means its yours la...when wanna gimme a ride? but yr house area nearby the hot spotz...must put many locks oh.....

just so y'all know...Palm Spring IS NOT a part of Damansara Perdana...it is Mutiara Damansara...don't be confused and start pin pointing places to be HOT SPOT...
distance between mutiara damansara and damansara perdana is only 1 to 2km away...anyway friends lost their cars at palm spring and thread starter mentioned damansara perdana...so juz sharing bout the losses nearby that area....

Isnt palm spring in mutiara damansara rather then damansara perdana?
its at sunway damansara/dataran sunway/mutiara damansara/kota damansara...all are areas within 3km radious.....anyway hot spotz coz many cars parking outside due to insufficient parking....

haiya like that if a car got stolen in Pudu area and i put here the car stolen in Bkt Bintang area can ah? coz also 1-2km radius maaa....

wanna give info better specific la..if general info no point also la blader...Pudu is Pudu la..u search all fish spa outlets in Bkt Bintang also cannot find ur lost car like that kua hahah...

my 2 cents only...:sleep:

really have to more careful, nowdays a lot of those people.Happy to hear that you get back you car.

Top Bottom