ENGINE wash safe?

guntherfurlong

I've heard of some ppl who wash their engines (the exterior of cos!).. is this safe? Aren't you worried about water getting into electrical equipments?

wrap up the electrical parts lo..

usually good shops will wrap up the afm, distributor, alternator etc.

Raja_Mongkut said:
wrap up the electrical parts lo..

usually good shops will wrap up the afm, distributor, alternator etc.

Agree, but engine wash is not recommended when the engine is hot. U know .. u just drive by and park there, the guys open the bonnet and start to spray the waters to hot engine just like that.

Engine wash should be done when the engine is in cold condition, just park at least 30minutes before you do engine wash.

Thats y .. i wash exterior first then goto another car wash, go teh tarik for 1 hour then park my car to be engine washed.

Other than that, Raja_Mongkut already explained ;)

Cheers!

yeah, its basically safe and PRESENTABLE! You will love your ride more! A clean engine makes the driver more confident of its machine (psychologically, of course!)

Just wrap those wires with plastic and hose away the bubbles after you wash/scrub the engine. Use toothbrush to reach those small nook and crannies of your engine. Wash and rinse again is the dirt and grime is still stuck. Wash once a mth is more than enough my friend. GOOD LUCK!

i always using Sunlight to apply to dirt place inside the engine (because Sunlight can easily remove oil). I firstly apply some Sunlight in to a half wet cloth then rub into the place with dust or dirt or oil. the i will use another clean half wet cloth to wiped the Sunlight bubble away (not use direct water to clean because scare water hit electrical parts) . I do it two times a week....not bad the results ^_^y.....any better option out there to do it?

got any places in kajang or bandar baru bangi to clean engine bay? those that know what they're doing?

I already bring my car go for engine wash.The use high pressure water to spray it.Nothing wrong with my car but my alarm system sound change just for few days then change to normal already

ky69 said:
I already bring my car go for engine wash.The use high pressure water to spray it.Nothing wrong with my car but my alarm system sound change just for few days then change to normal already

Maybe u shud ask them do it for a few more times... Maybe alarm sound might change .. forever.

HAHAHAAA

its good.....when ur engine is clean...at least u will easier to notice any black oil leaking

i saw 1 guy sent his Wira engine wash.....wa lau......the dude just pop up the hood and spray water already with the high pressure water sprayer

i was thinking.....finished la.....later sure cannot start car liao......

but unbelievable it can be started wo.......how come ah

air filter wet liao how?.......spark plugs there....sure water slip in what.....and a lot others things......

gohkokeng said:
i saw 1 guy sent his Wira engine wash.....wa lau......the dude just pop up the hood and spray water already with the high pressure water sprayer

i was thinking.....finished la.....later sure cannot start car liao......

but unbelievable it can be started wo.......how come ah

air filter wet liao how?.......spark plugs there....sure water slip in what.....and a lot others things......

unless there are any place with holes/leakages....washing engine with high presured jet is alright.

I wash my engine twice a year to make my water hoses softer as it tends to be hardened as time flies.

Have been washing for the past 6 years. seems alright to me.:X-:

just to let you guys know, when my dad had his waja he sent for an engine wash. they use the jet spray. then while driving home the car gear would not change(auto gear box). apprently there is a switch in the engine bay that is not protected. so the the copper lines in it broke. thats what the mech said. so i have a phobia of engine wash. just though i let u guys know

ya its possible that weak connections can be snapped by the pressure of the spray

last time my reverse sensor wiring also broke due to engine wash. but no biggie.. just solder back then can already.

...... i let ppl wash my car engine...
they dint cover anytime n kasih spray water on it!!!
DAMN LO!!!
why nothing happen... still work normally
im scare...

Guess it depends on the luck also ler .. And also different situations .. The ones that had problem maybe the wiring or something already old or weak thats why broke so easily ..

Hard to say punya...

then the safer way is to wash by ur own la.....safe+can exrecise haha :)

My Previous post:

i always using Sunlight to apply to dirt place inside the engine (because Sunlight can easily remove oil). I firstly apply some Sunlight in to a half wet cloth then rub into the place with dust or dirt or oil. the i will use another clean half wet cloth to wiped the Sunlight bubble away (not use direct water to clean because scare water hit electrical parts) . I do it two times a week....not bad the results ^_^y.....any better option out there to do it?

sunlight....
ermmm i think let ppl wash better.. hehehe
or else nanti i wash till cannot start engine wei

Top Bottom