Engine tuning

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
simplythebest said:
Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Is your car Wira 1.3i? If yes, then the best way to get rid of this problem is adjust the timing. If not mistaken cost rm30 per adjustment. Then after few weeks adjust again and this process will be continue until cannot be adjust anymore. This I will call it a stupid way.
Actually Proton injection engines is no need to adjust the timing for normal condition. Now the question is why the car engine will die when idle? Is because the setting run away? Or is it normal for Malaysian make cars? The actual fact is valve before entering to combustion chamber is blocked. For stock air filter it will take around half a year to blocked that will cause engine to die when idling. If using other air filter, mushroom head type, it takes only 1 or 2 weeks to get blocked. So to clean the valve, how much does it cost? Rm1-2 only.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
kyheng said:
Is your car Wira 1.3i? If yes, then the best way to get rid of this problem is adjust the timing. If not mistaken cost rm30 per adjustment. Then after few weeks adjust again and this process will be continue until cannot be adjust anymore. This I will call it a stupid way.
Actually Proton injection engines is no need to adjust the timing for normal condition. Now the question is why the car engine will die when idle? Is because the setting run away? Or is it normal for Malaysian make cars? The actual fact is valve before entering to combustion chamber is blocked. For stock air filter it will take around half a year to blocked that will cause engine to die when idling. If using other air filter, mushroom head type, it takes only 1 or 2 weeks to get blocked. So to clean the valve, how much does it cost? Rm1-2 only.
then how to clean the valve at the cost of rm1-2 ?

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Buy a clean cloth open up the valve then clean it. I have posted once over here the photo. Don't know which thread already..

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
u mean the air intake there isit? the butterfly ar? cuz u use the word valve.....confusing me

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yes, is the air intake. The exact location is after the air filter and before it connect to combustion chamber, is that called butterfly? If yes, then thanks for remind me. My father in law only show me how to clean it, but never tell me what is it called.
I think this only applies to Wira, others I not that sure.

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
yah....tats the thing la....the butterfly which open n close 1 when u press n release the pedal....it can apply for all injection car.....but mostly wira gives trouble like tis la because of the stupid ECU....must always keep the butterfly n the area around it to be clean so tat rpm stable.....must make sure the ring there is smooth when u rub.....cuz even abit dirt oso will affect 1....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just wandering.last few days i found tanabe sustec the orange colour

i woonder wat is the small spring?since it has 2 spring at the front

one normal one..another one is small like2 inches like that below the normal springs

so..what is that small spring 4 actually?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience