EK4 auto convert to manual tranny

deathzone

Just wanna know how much the cost and wat to change to convert auto to manual tranny...engine is b16a.

cost will be based on your local mechanic labour charges and the parts you can find.

More or less the parts you need for the conversion
-----------------------------------------------------------------
- manual gearbox
- clutch/flywheel/pressure plate
- starter
- clutch reservoir
- hydraulic lines
- slave cylindar
- master cylindar
- manual ecu
- pedal assembly
- throttle cable
- shift linkage
- manual console piece
- shift boot
- shift knob
- shifter
- shifter bushings
- mounts
- manual meter gauge cluster

maybe somebody else can add if i miss anything. hehe

Just wanna know how much the cost and wat to change to convert auto to manual tranny...engine is b16a.

thanks for the feedback...car is in kota kinabalu sabah. If west malaysia cost RM2800 to 3500 here maybe 4k. After change to manual will the performance of the engine same like a manual version ek4? I heard auto b16a and manual no using same cam? So need to change to manual cam also?

thats why my 1st reply was "local mechanic" since i saw your location was in kk. its more than just camshafts. maybe you should do your findings there if you can find your parts, if not just swap a manual EK4 complete with dash.

happy harvest festival :p

thats why my 1st reply was "local mechanic" since i saw your location was in kk. its more than just camshafts. maybe you should do your findings there if you can find your parts, if not just swap a manual EK4 complete with dash.

happy harvest festival :p

Today should be hari gawai...heheh. Anyway if use back auto camshaft the performance how ah?

deathzone,
maybe a tiny butt-dyno slow feeling :) theres nothing wrong with the auto to manual gearbox conversion, i just fear you hoped too much for the same manual engine power.

Actually one of my fren's fren selling this Ek4...im kinda intrested since its ori EK4 and stock. The only problem it come with auto tranny. The car is 11years old...so engine maybe need to overhaul. Normally how much is an ori EK4 auto year 1996?

i got my ori EK4 auto for 45K....but not stock...already has a mugen exhaust..2" pipe...HKS air filter,Koni adjustable... and bodykit...

in kk its far more cheaper definitely. enquire the local dealers for price comparison and the banks for loans.

Actually one of my fren's fren selling this Ek4...im kinda intrested since its ori EK4 and stock. The only problem it come with auto tranny. The car is 11years old...so engine maybe need to overhaul. Normally how much is an ori EK4 auto year 1996?

in kk its far more cheaper definitely. enquire the local dealers for price comparison and the banks for loans.

Yeah this fella selling around 30k but its 11 years old. The car condition is 100% stock. But engine need to overhaul.

30K? it's kinda good price..rather than u overhaul it...why not just buy a new engine with gearbox...

just get the list of gaskets, seals and bearings that needs to be changed. dont fix whats not broken.

theres nothing wrong with an 11 year old car if its still in running condition.

Yeah this fella selling around 30k but its 11 years old. The car condition is 100% stock. But engine need to overhaul.

As far as i know only gasket and gearbox got problem. The previous owner never mod and abuse this car before. I have to start survey around kk about the gearbox since its very hard to find vtec parts here.

For the minor overhaul parts you can try "detsoon kaya" the shop before the traffic light on your left before Inanam township. You can ask them to order the parts if you want.

good luck

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom