ej20 rebuild mahle piston manley rod etc.

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
Dear all sifus,

I have subaru impreza gc8 now planning to build my Ej20K wrx sti 2.0

My list is

Using back my ej20K head
-using ej205 block bore up from 92mm to 93mm and it crank
-Using mahle Piston 93mm weigh 353G

http://race-mart.storesecured.com/items/products/engines-and-components/internal-engine-components/pistons/mahle-pistons~rings/other-piston-sets/MAHSUB287661I12-detail.htm

-Using Manley h beam rod weigh 535g

http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/proddetail.php?prod=14024-4

How much boost it can withstand (assuming proper tuning)
thanks all sifus :biggrin:

Your sincerely,
LIM

Last edited:

ART///SPEED

Known Member

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
what turbine and engine management? other part upgrade...list your performance part then i can tell

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
1) stock ecu (EJ20k STI ECU)
2) stock turbo (IHI VF22)
3) sard fuel regulator 3.15 bar of fuel pressure
4) walboro fuel pump
5) Exedy hyper single clutch
6) AVC-R boost 1.2 bar
7) K&N Filter
8) 3INCH Exhaust piping(catalytic converter remove)

Original is 1997CC after the convention it become 2034CC slight different only.

Always push engine to redline 7500RPM and top speed 250KM/h

Thanks u for the help :biggrin:

ART///SPEED

Known Member

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
boost can withstand 1.5 to 2.0...how about intercooler,oil cooller...metal gasket ? upgrade turbine and ecu rechip or piggy back like unichip.....for more2 power.

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
boost can withstand 1.5 to 2.0...how about intercooler,oil cooller...metal gasket ? upgrade turbine and ecu rechip or piggy back like unichip.....for more2 power.
have 19 roll oil cooler install, by not now yet because already over spending. so just internal upgrade at boost at 1.2bar, only because i just brake 2 engine EJ20K this and last year. Hopefully with this ej205 and enhanced internal will not brake my engine again.
thanks art speed :biggrin:

Next project will be 2011 already.

planning to put kk3920 cosworth cam 280 DEGREE
change the 79MM crank shaft not sure waht brand yet
Over size valve +1MM
change 100MM CP piston with darton sleeves
2.00MM tomei gasket
blitz LM intercooler
hks T04Z
F CON V PRO.

Thanks again art_speed really appreciate u help :biggrin:

andykhor82

500 RPM

andykhor82

500 RPM
Aug 8, 2006
bro....where to get all this modification stuff? is that more expensive than evo? Now plan to buy subaru version 2 but full convert to Version 5. Or buy evo 4....any suggestion?

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
3rd performance got sale jc racing got sale, millieum motorsport and gt auto.

IF the modification piston or rod such as mahle cp carrillo manley and etc evo and subaru are nearly the same price. except for the camshaft because evo need only 2 and subaru need 4.

BUt for maintenance cost evo is much cheaper plus u will find alot goodies in the halfcut shop better then subaru. Subaru halfcut are very few compare to evo.

If you wanted to modified to 600 Ps the evo is more cost effective, because its evo block is more strengthen then Subaru block. For Subaru if wanted to boost 1.8 bar and above u needed to insert Sleeve such darton or aebs, For evo 2.0 bar u still use back to original block it can take it. But subaru have higher rev compare to evo, in the power band evo is more linear power as for subaru it is nonlinear power it will sudden have the kick of the turbo. So in turn on driving the evo is more likely easier to drive and control.

Subaru normally need 5 litter engine oil and evo only 4 litter.

But subaru and evo is very subjective question depend on what u like, then u buy it lo.
But evo is more cost effective lo.

Last edited:

andykhor82

500 RPM

andykhor82

500 RPM
Aug 8, 2006
Thanks limfk7. Actually i'm looking for EVO4, but seldom in the market and if have also the price is much more expensive than Subaru. I get 1 subaru version 2 convert version 5. Is tiptop condition on the car and engine as well. Price also is reasonable. So now just decide want it or not coz this kind of car is not easy to get it.

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
Thanks limfk7. Actually i'm looking for EVO4, but seldom in the market and if have also the price is much more expensive than Subaru. I get 1 subaru version 2 convert version 5. Is tiptop condition on the car and engine as well. Price also is reasonable. So now just decide want it or not coz this kind of car is not easy to get it.
Be patience can one. Like b4 i wanted buy supra but i cannot tahan(no supra TT(TWIN TURBO 6SpEED MANUAL) in sale at that time for 4 month) then i buy GC8 after 1 month in the market all sort of supra selling :banghead:

The pricing is different because it depend on the year version2 is about 10/1993-8/1994 and evo4 is August 1996–January 1998(2 years different). The GC8 version 2 is sti or wrx is wrx then it could cheaper.

From source can be reach on
STI
Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EVO
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LEt say Evo4 about 65XXX for GC8 is about 55XXX. EVen in japanese the price is different the EVO price tend to higher then SUBARU IMPREZA STI

Just be patience if EVO4 is the one u like u sure can get one just the matter of time.

Ask around Sure got ZTH member is selling one this car one for sure.

EVO 5 should be around 75K there, u can consider this also.

andykhor82

500 RPM

andykhor82

500 RPM
Aug 8, 2006
Actually i like Subaru more than EVO, but what i scare is hard to modify it till the power that i want it and i'm that kind of ppl that like to play drag. Last time my wira mivec turbo can reach 450++hp on wheel dyno. Now just want to try 4WD car. I'm like to modify car....

limfk7

Known Member

limfk7

Known Member
Feb 18, 2006
PENANG % KEDAH
U can buy subaru then convert ej25 and with FMIC and the gt35r change the intenal to cp piston
carrillo rod or paulter rod and ACL or Cosworth main and rod bearing. Cosworth hi cam 280 and any stand alone ecu such HKS VPRO, Hydra EMS or AEM, Haltech, Motec, Autronic, carbonetic triple late(the only triple in the market for subaru is carbonetic(US brand)), 1000CC injector oversize valve +0.01MM port polish the head balancing the crankshaft
U boost 1.7 bar sure u pass 600HP 60 torque. OR u can put Darton sleeve to boost above 2.0bar(anything above 1.7bar better put race fuel which octane level more than 103).

But u need at least 50K to do it.
Quite expensive to do subaru then evo.
Gc8 i saw got sale in motortrader the 1997 black one somemore 2 door.

Public still offer car loan for car up to 12year.
So end this december the black gc8 is no longer loanable

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently the double signal button malfunction after I open it up. I tried to put it back, but it doesn't work after that. Please show some proper instruction to fix it please ><"
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience