EG6 b16a engine

reuben_1991

How much does a eg6 b16a halfcut cost now + installation? I wanna put it in my stock 2 door eg.
thx

the price increased slightly now... it goes for approx 7-7.5k... depending on area... 10k would be sufficient but its just borderline if u ask me...

can get cheaper 1..opt 4 d pre-1994 EG6 hafkat..n AUTO!hhahahahahahh

that day i saw marketplace Guangek selling halfcut b16a + lsd gearbox around 8k++ if i remember correctly.

8k plus for halfcut alone... workmanship - 1-1.5k... wear/tear parts 1k-1.5k... jpj (if u use runner) 500-600.... u do the math.. :driver:

wat 2 do?who ask now only start playing Vtec?hahahahah....MAHAL gilo lor!hahahah

Good luck bro...Its best you do things in stages...Buy the halfcut 1st park in a workshop you are familiar with...ask mech to start doing up the engine such as replace wear and tear parts and also add on any performance parts while its down and open.Once you have the cash and ready for installation...you send your car for conversion...once that is done send car for inspection...no need to use a runner.....make sure all 4 disc brakes is in VERY good Condition ! Alignment ... dont use loud exhaust...no tint or light tint.I think your car should be ok..no need for runner.

Dont worry bro...you dont have to fork out rm10k on the spot...do things in stages...Hope this helps...good Luck.Remember ...Satisfaction Guranteed with a Vtec. =D

what to do, not everybody have parents who is willing to buy them JDM sports cars for their 18th bday ma....

even when i did my transplant, it was the "wrong" time. it is never the right time, as price will only go 1 direction... up that is.

store it in a workshop first? wow, i really wonder which workshop would allow u to do that... unless he is ur best buddy... else i believe non will actually take that challenge..

just my 2 cents la bro. save up until enough, else dont even bother.. cuz it will bring nothing but trouble to u.. =)

what to do, not everybody have parents who is willing to buy them JDM sports cars for their 18th bday ma....

even when i did my transplant, it was the "wrong" time. it is never the right time, as price will only go 1 direction... up that is.

store it in a workshop first? wow, i really wonder which workshop would allow u to do that... unless he is ur best buddy... else i believe non will actually take that challenge..

just my 2 cents la bro. save up until enough, else dont even bother.. cuz it will bring nothing but trouble to u.. =)

2very good points.

i agree with you brother,thats why i mentioned "familiar" workshop...some1 he is close to.. or has a friend..of course they wont allow to park for a few months laa...1 month is ok...then ask them to start work on what needs to be done.by that time next month gaji is out already :D

anyways, like arrow mentioned dont do things like this when youre on a very very tight budget..you might live to regret it and your car will pay the consequences...the whole experience might not be pleasant.

Mahal but c/p wast good...........eg non vtec around 18k--2xk.....but if with VVVtec inside....28k onwards.....:driver::adore:

haha thanks guys, just asking so that I can prepare. =)

Bump: btw any stock 2 door eg can fit EG6 b16a right?

For your reference i just did conversion on march 09. The cost as below:

Halfcut EG6 B16A (manual LSD gearbox) - RM7000
Clutchset - RM750
Labour & wiring - RM1500

Total for all the conversion include wear&tear part (belting,engine&gear oil,etc) around rm11k.

Bump: For your reference i just did conversion on march 09. The cost as below:

Halfcut EG6 B16A (manual LSD gearbox) - RM7000
Clutchset - RM750
Labour & wiring - RM1500

Total for all the conversion include wear&tear part (belting,engine&gear oil,etc) around rm11k.

haha thanks guys, just asking so that I can prepare. =)

becareful with the gearbox mounting......

JUST GOT NEW FROM MY FREN..
Halfcut EG6 B16A (manual LSD gearbox) - RM6500

6500 is a good price. furthermore with LSD. i got mine for that same price back in March also, without LSD gearbox.

but trust me on this, take your time when searching for a halfcut. i learned something when i started modding my car... DONT RUSH. =) be patient. good offer will come. the money is with u, so need not rush. rushing would only bring regret. hehehe.

seems like alot sifu's here to guide u, so hope u wont go in the wrong direction. happy modding bro.

6500 is a good price. furthermore with LSD. i got mine for that same price back in March also, without LSD gearbox.

but trust me on this, take your time when searching for a halfcut. i learned something when i started modding my car... DONT RUSH. =) be patient. good offer will come. the money is with u, so need not rush. rushing would only bring regret. hehehe.

seems like alot sifu's here to guide u, so hope u wont go in the wrong direction. happy modding bro.

bro...when i read your posts i kind of feel bad...something harsh must have happened..

and he is very right about rushing...sometimes..when you see certain things that you plan to have in a couple of months time..suddenly up for sale at a cheap price...you are bound to feel tempted...then you start thinking if you can sacrifice that sum of money...well ive been there too... and dont listen to friends "poison" thats the worst.

if you kena tapau nvm....there will always be a car faster then you no matter how fast you get your car modded.

kekeke.. my mistake was opting for a non-lsd halfcut at the price of an lsd halfcut. but also good la, i dont reaaaaaalllyyy need lsd... or do it... hehehehe.

but other than that, i should have really waited for an eg9 halfcut. i could have sold all the other parts (dashboard etc.) and reduce my expenditure... but its been done and i am damn happy with my engine.

but my main point was, dont rush because... 6500 is alot of money.. gone just like that... buying something which is like an accident car... hahaha think about it!

Top Bottom