E-manage, Should i or should i not?

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My Myvi BOLT on Turbo now is boosting 0.3bar , as i installed S-AFC to the car, my car started to have Rev/Boost Cut, now i took it out already, While i was doing my Dynojet they suggested me to use E-manage for the price of Rm1400 fully installed plus dynojet, worth it or not worth it?

Remember my car is totally stocked YRV parts bolt on to the car, is it necessary to put E-manage?

Jun 9, 2010
n.s
yes u should hv one.. its a universal device.. even if u change ur car later on, u still can use it in ur next car.. and the secondhand value also pretty high..

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I dont intend to buy 2nd already, but now im buying the E-manage for RM1400 with Dynojet at JC Racing in Sunway. is it worth it?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Oh, by the way! i dont really 100% understand the meaning of Piggyback, is it an additional or its like installed inside the using ecu?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
piggyback meaning u still use your ori ecu, emanage is like an add on....its like a supplement
standalone ecu means u change to a performance type ecu, scrap the old one....motec, haltech, microtec, hondata etc....

samuelyoungwe

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi. I do not recommend E-manage.

My tuner has experienced a few E-manage on Myvi. Starting after tuned is ok wan, but after while, the tuning will "lari". Don't know the exact reason, but I think is because the E-manage is incompatible with the stock ECU, so the piggyback system will lari after awhile.

This particular tuner recommends Power Commander, DynoJet as well.
It'll cost about 1.5k-1.7k, include's tuning. Tuning is done on the road, much better than dyno tune because it has real on-the-road tuning.

This tuner is from Dpro Autoshoppe. Behind brothers beside NPE highway. He has been using Power Commander on most of his customer cars. Many Myvi BOT he use Power Commander, no negative feedback concerning this piggyback Unit. I've even seen with my own eyes he tune Volvo S40, and also Waja Campro BOT on the road with a laptop on his side.

So far, this product is currently compatible with fuel-injected cars, especially those with TURBO. wahaha..
:proud::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
I have installed Dynojet Powercommader in my stock Altezza. I was also considering E Manage however was informed the tuning will lari after awhile. Something to do with original ECU trying to regain control of the parameters. So far the powercommander works very well. Better torque lowdown and better fuel consumption. I did it in Trial Tuning in Sg Besi.:proud:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Hi. I do not recommend E-manage.

My tuner has experienced a few E-manage on Myvi. Starting after tuned is ok wan, but after while, the tuning will "lari". Don't know the exact reason, but I think is because the E-manage is incompatible with the stock ECU, so the piggyback system will lari after awhile.

This particular tuner recommends Power Commander, DynoJet as well.
It'll cost about 1.5k-1.7k, include's tuning. Tuning is done on the road, much better than dyno tune because it has real on-the-road tuning.

This tuner is from Dpro Autoshoppe. Behind brothers beside NPE highway. He has been using Power Commander on most of his customer cars. Many Myvi BOT he use Power Commander, no negative feedback concerning this piggyback Unit. I've even seen with my own eyes he tune Volvo S40, and also Waja Campro BOT on the road with a laptop on his side.

So far, this product is currently compatible with fuel-injected cars, especially those with TURBO. wahaha..
:proud::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
original emanage doesnt lose its tune, the fake ones may lose it, but not the original ones.

on the road tuning? dat tuner is endagering customers' car, i suggest u stop promoting them. if u want real road simulation on a dyno, get ur car tuned on a dyno dynamics, and get a good tuner to tune it up. i highly suggest joshua of millennium motorsports asia for the job, he has been tuning countless high powered cars which are proven in tracks and big events. currently, two of them won 1st place in their respective categories in the cyberjaya drag.

tho the thread starter, the emanage has been tuned a 273hp 1.3liter with a mere 1.4bar of boost, so its good for any cars imo. for the question of "shud i or shudnt i?", i suggest for "shud i". get the original stuff, pm me for details, we have a promotion for the emanage. quite cheap jugek for the thing complete with ignition harness + install + tune

samuelyoungwe

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hm..
What do you have in mind when u see "on the road tuning?"
Its not tuning while driving. Its driving, then tune, driving then tune(according to whatever needs to be tuned), until the best of the car can be output.

Anyway I think "on-the-road simulation dyno" is quite expensive. If its an above 300hp of cause I wont recommend on the road testing la. But we talking bout myvi.

*just my thought*Sometimes I feel these products like E-manage is over-rated, make until other products unpopular.

Well, end of story, still comes to the buyer what he wants best for his ride.

TC!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
drive, then stop and tune? then drive? isnt dat a lil.. ridiculous? i know how on road tuning is done, ive done it and like i said, its dangerous..

quite expensive? define xpensive.. for me, paying a sum for tuning and getting a reliable reference on ur engines performance, and printed out isnt expensive at all. at least u know what to look out for, if there are any in adequacy in ur setup.

emanage is overrated? ......

indeed, the buyer will decide himself, but arent we here to help him out?

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
Rm1400 is ok, for a new Emanage plus installation n dynotune. but important is the result. if what samuel claim in right, then better do some research b4 spending on emanage.

my car fuel tuning, tweaking the cam pulleys and dyno tune alone costs RM620 (without tuning piggy back yet) in car tuning the terminology of "expensive" is subjective. For me if the service is pro, tuning is pro, and results yielded, I call it WORTH IT. pm me if you need proffesional advise, I shall intro u my reliable tuner. I got 2, dyno tuning or road tuning, both very diff tuner but with exceptional skills n experience. sunway subang shops? plz don go there become porkchop, ahaha

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
joshua thiran of millennium motorsports asia doesnt charge dat much foofis, i know where u went to, i hope i never have to go there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone outhere using GAB coilover absorber?? can all the sifu outhere give some review about this absorber. im planning to buy this absorber soon, so need to find some info about this absorber.currently im still using stock standard satria gti suspension setup.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience