Don't buy this APEXi pen type timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior and Cockpit

Don't buy this APEXi pen type timer

TEAMADVAN

1,000 RPM
just read an article that frens sent me...duno how many of u knew about this...
for those who already know this, just ignore and go....
for those who havent know yet :
there's fake apexi pen type timer which is not made in japan but sum where else...
taiwan? china? i just dunno...

maybe some of u out there is cuting down your soup-up budget and willing to buy that at lower price(cos of that 0.30cents)....thats up to u.

but countefeit-ers may take advantage at those who didnt know about this. guinea pigs-victim will get cheated and buy those at a "close-to" genuine price!
maybe 20bucks cheaper than the genuine one will be the sweet beans to kill them....

beware!

i attached few pics which my fren forwarded me. they tell which is genuine and which is not...
the fake one tells by the following :

-the black small box module dun have serial number sticker...
-did not come with that small plastic bag which provide cable ties, double side tape and such...
-after timer off, the numbers is white...(genuine one is red).
-doesnt have red dots at the wires.
-comes with protecting film at the front screen.(fakes screen get scrathes easily)
-A/F reading always display 14.6
-hand brake wire not funtionable...even if u conect that grey(handbrake safty) wire to the hand brakes, it makes no diffrent.
-thickness of the timer display.
-box's height and open style.

casethickness.jpg

filmondisplay.jpg

serialnumbers.jpg

packageopening.jpg

packageheight.jpg

Last edited:
Good info! Hope you could uncover other fake performance parts in our market

good information for all zth forumer......cheers bro

kakimotor got sell fake apexi TT....beware!!! the price is 220....from taiwan.you can see by the words at the timer they...different colour.so do the sticker on the box itself...

my ori apexi pen type already sold...already tell the buyer how to identify the fake one...hehehhe...mm tht why apexi ori tttimer 2nd hand one market now drop!! bcoz ppl always compare prices with the fake one...

szekeiemme said:
pivot raisin also got imitation1

haha i suda kena this 1...now still using it.... what to do ..after i bought it only i read @ the website.......damn angry that time...

nice job man, if i never read this i think i will go for the cheap wan as well
lol
really appreciate!!!

new apexi pakaging
mvalley12.jpg

now Apexi had change to a new packing box in order to make it easy for consumer to recognize

haha...i havent got any info about the pivot raizin....
but i saw lot of them at early stage...got small stcker at every condensor in that raizin module..sumbody go chechk the market at those claim to be "offer unit" cheaper version if they got...at least we try to trace wats the diffrent while waiting for info's before its too late....

sumtime, this kinda product look risky as both positive(+) and negative(-) is connected to the same module...if anythings go wrong, the battrey may blast and lot of electric appliances in our car will be gone...
worst case scenario will cos short circuits, fires, electrocution , car burn, owner burn and so on.....

pls becareful.....either dun buy, or get a better one....u cant save this kinda $...
best part is, go buy at those place who sell 90% branded and genuine things...
SS racing bring in them self...so, i guess its safe there...dun go buy at those small accessories shop who sell lot of taiwan and china made stuff...i hope it works...

hope GOD is at our side...:_:

that's true ... thanx for ur warning dude... appreciate it a lot... cheers....

this 1 my friend accessories shop kena b4 ...lucky he can find back that salesman.That problem i found out is the APEXi word will drop 1. That time i took out a new 1 and my hand go rub the ApeXi word...aiks! mana tao it drop.After that i go rub mine ...eh?why wont drop 1?
I just terus tell my friend this thing might be fake Apexi Pen timer.After that he also return all to that felle.

damn....VERY GOOD information given...thanx bro...!!!!

teamadvan,
try pm-ing the admin to get this sticky.
good info btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom