DIY Sport Light@Fog Light

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
Dear all Sifu, I've just bought a pair of sport@fog light. Thought of having it to installed by myself. Just wanna ask some question.

1. Do I need to install relay?
2. How many relay do I need? 1 pair?
3. How to connect / diagram to connect to the relay?

Hope all the 0-100 Sifu can me into install in via DIY... ..

Thank all in advance... :D

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
u buy u spot light at where??
hmm i suggets u go BROTHER see those spot lite...bcs the casing of spot light hv draw diagram liao 1....hmmm y u spot lite set wont coem with wiring mehh??
wiring i see in brother is rm28...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
actually u dun need a relay la ..... khguan taught me install without relay also good ma ...... as long u place the switch in a place that can see and has a LED turned on when the foglight is on then u will remember to switch it off when u turn off the car ..... u put relay damn "marr fan"

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
u dun need a relay as u have a direct switch to ON or OFF de spot lights... n to save all de hassle...

if u wanto use ur small lamp to control de spot lights.. then u will definitely need a relay....

make sure u have a FUSE connected at de power wire near to de battery for short circuit protection... a 15A or 20A fuse should be sufficient...

WinDz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
Visit site
how about making a backet to fit the foglight? recently bought a set of hela but couldnt get them installed nicely cause the ferlow tell me go cut holes on my bumper and just screw the lamp on it , but i dont wanna spoilt my bumper by that wan .. was thinking is there a way to make a bracket to allow the fog light to be installed and take out whenever i want . rather than having it there all the time cause im only needing them when i go touge. anyone know any place that provide services and custom making brackets or maybe diy-ing it ..

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
I've attach the relay diagram. Anyone know how the wiring work on the relay? I gonna install it to a switch so it's not follow the small light. Izzit better to installed it with a relay for better? Safety? Hope Sifu's can help... Thank for all the reply.. :D

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
brackets? customised?? most ppl use steel band... with many holes..

yes... using a relay wil be safer if u are using high powered spotlights with low powered switch.... but most important thing is to have a FUSE

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
I've manage to find a diagram for the relay but not sure correct or not. Any Sifu know ar? Khguan thank for ur reply man.. .. Actually I thought of installed it like the way u said, but since I've the relay oredi might as well used it lor... ... Thank for your reply anyway.. ..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
de diagram is correct already... pin 86 connect to small light +ve wire if u wanto control de spotlight with small light.... or connect to any +12V wire in de car with a switch...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Windz, if you dont want to poke holes in your bumper you could try it on your dashboard... hehehehe. Remove your tacho (if you have one) and replace it with the fog lamp. COOL...

Seriously, the only way to customise without poking any holes in your bumper would be a customise bracket from the radiator firewall. You could use similar concept to bicycle's quick release...

I have done this before but the lights are located behind the bumper instead of the front and well hidden so it does not look tht akward.

tarzan

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Ampang, KL
Visit site
battery

boss,

wat is minimum size of battery to cater a hella sport light?
i'm afraid my stock battery cannot tahan if DIY with hella sport light. :rock:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
yah i`m using steel band too ...... buy the 4 hound one .... dun buy too big ones ....... not nice ..... actually dun control by other lights lo ..... self on N off is better lo ..... u like when on when off ..... save power ..... hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bros,

Ard 5months ago I installed a works engineering 5puck racing clutch. However driving for a while, I realise my gear 1 keeps getting tougher to engage as the days go by. I check with my mechanic he said its because of the clutch no good.

No offences to works engineering but I'd like to find out if any bros here face the similar problem??? Thanks!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience