DIY - New Car Batterrey

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
erm ....... wanna ask recently i bought a new batterey the battery comes without the liquid inside it ........ i tried asking from my suppilier ....... he say need to charge and start up the batterey before using ........ anyone knows what to put in ?

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
may be his is the brand new unopened wet-battery? last time i see them pour in the normal battery water or distilled water only then put into car and work liao.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
how much is your car battery outside ? 100+ for NS80 ?
i get it for only 90

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
okok ....... i think ya'll get me wrong ....... its not a maintainence battery ....... okok this battery is a normal battery i bought from the suppilier ........ because its cheap ...... but this battery comes with only the plates inside and without water ..... so does anyone know how to charge up the battery and ....... know what kina liquid in the battery ........

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
This is my first times hearing buying car battery without acid, anyway if you buying empty car battery will attach another bottle of "acid", this acid u need to filling inside the car battery, the main function of this acid is chemical effect with metal and generate the energy (don't ask me theory, i forget already :) ). This acid u just need filling one times onli, when the water level become low, u just need filling the normal car battery water is ok already. How to get this acid? Try asking car accessory or hardware shop, said u wan car battery acid. If u can't get acid, try filling normal car battery water and find 14 ~ 15 DC voltage source to charging the battery, but need spend long time.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
war brother u power larr ....... i tried finding it oledi ? but u know whare the exact place has it ? coz many place say dun have ........... and then ....... how long it needs to charge ?

Coconut

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
that depends on the battery is DC (dry-charged) or DUC (dry-uncharged), if it is DC, then just add the acid, and wait for few minutes then can use already, otherwise u need to add the acid, and find some places to charge the battery, afaik there are some battery shop that has the equipment to charge the battery, so try and look around and see

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
er... where can get acid at kl? i don't know wor, i'm jb guy now working at penang. but i can give you one way to charge your battery without acid.

1. Fill in normal battery water until full level.
2. Open your car bonet
3. find battery jumper (when battery flat, use it connect other car's battery)
4. connect your car old battery to your new battery ( positive(+) to positive(+), negative(-) to negative(-), be careful, if you connect reverse is a very danger things)
5. Start your car, and try charge half ~ one hr first.
6. Remove old battery and replace the new one, try can start your car or not.

p/s: although i charge many acid battery already, but charge without acid i no try before, normally using this way is not any danger, u just need to special notice the battery terminal polar connect between 2 battery onli.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wa lau open the car one hour no jalan ....... i rugi minyak ...... eei u think the foreman can help me do anot ?or they got the acid anot ?

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
er... if u dont wan waste minyak, maybe u can try this way.

1. open bonet, remove old battery
2. install new battery, remember fill in acid
3. use jumper connect old and new battery
4. start engine, waiting ~10mins, remove old battery and jumper but don't terminate engine.
(if remove old battery, and engine still active, try turn on headlight, if headlight no too dark, congrat u already success 50%, if remove old battery, engine terminate, then u can sleeping early :D ) notice: remove jumper (+) or (-) from both side first and continue another remain polar. scare short circuit
5. start driving around your kampung area, keep rpm >2000rpm, high rpm can let battery charging faster.
(y around your taman? if your car "dead fire" and cant start again u still can back home get the old battery to change mah) remember: safety first, dont drive too fast, u can try low gear high rpm.
6. after few turns, drive back to home and terminate engine and start engine, if no problem ur car should be turn on. Then everything done.

foreman? if u got familiar or frens is foreman maybe they will help. if not, they will subject you change the new battery

Last edited:

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
sorry to give you wrong instruction, car battery still need acid to reaction, but just for first times. Distilled or deionized water should be used to top off non-sealed batteries onli. I contact my frens, they said u can try get acid at "motor shop" coz car battery normally fill acid already, but motor battery come with seperate.