Disgruntled Altis 1.8 Owner

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
Guys,

Here is a story to share. This happened to a colleague of mine and i was with his yesterday. This is the exact complain letter going out to the Toyota Customer Service Center.

Dear Customer Service Manager,

It is a big shock to me after a few months of support from the TOYOTA BAYAN BARU outlet in Penang.
It has been ~ 4 months owning the TOYOTA ALTIS 1.8 PHK 9**8 and the 1st service was superb and the car in general is a good buy.
It is my first time owning a car and I was under the impression that a 113K car should be covered in all area with insurance. To my
surprise, I had a weird crack in my front screen passenger area on the top which seemed unusual as per attached picture.
As you can see, I am an engineer my self and I sincerely don’t believe tempered glass behaves this way if there was any impact towards
it, a force dispersion pattern will be formed as stress relieved patterns on the glass. I believe it’s got to do with reliability of the glass
itself. I was stunned to know when I approached the sales branch in Bayan Baru on 11/27 during my lunch hours and attended by Mr.Nikolas
that my car insurance does not cover for windscreen, the salesman who attended to me Mr.Ken was apparently absent attending to some
personal issues in the hospital according to him. Guess what after that, when I told them I am suspecting it’s a reliability issue, they turned
around saying to me that TOYOTA does not warranty the windscreen and other parts of the car except for the engine. I was caught with
surprise in what 6 or 7 star safety test was being run that it doesn’t catch this serious safety issue. It could endanger the life of the people in the car.

Well I had to take the car on my own to the shop to replace the car, well Mr Nikolas did say that he will dispatch one of his runner Mr Shukur to assist me,
Well guess what again the next day 11/28 he calls me at 9am saying that he is not feeling well > the normal after sales support by the worlds top ranked automotive manufacturer ???? J
Took time off from my office just to get my car done at 10 to 11am as I was very concern of my safety as I will be going outstation this weekend. After getting my car windscreen replaced, I called Mr Nikolas to assist me on where can I get the front screen tinted > so called guaranteed by TOYOTA J

You know what , he gets back to me saying that I need to leave my car in TOYOTA and he will send it for tinting, well after lunch 11/29 thinking that these guys are not reliable anymore, making my life miserable, I decided to go to the registered VCOOL tint shop in Crystal Suits Penang and when he checked out my car tint, he told me
that I have serious issue with my other glasses that was tinted, rear passenger and back {tint peel off and bubble} which will eventually turn severe later and told me to get it back to the guys who did the job. Hmm another surprise when I told him that my car tint was guaranteed by TOYOTA {that’s what my sales man told me for a fee of ~RM 1500}.

So I called Mr Nikolas again complaining about my tint standard by TOYOTA and guess what, he told me that the tint is guaranteed only for 3 months.
He told me to take this matter with Mr. Ken when I told him that this was not the case what I was told.
I am not really happy with this after sales support by the sales team in bayan baru, what it has caused me??

2 days out of office replying emails at night and attending continuous calls
Spending RM600 for my mirror and RM480 for front glass tint VCOOL
Need to wonder, how long more with my other windows tint last based on so call TOYOTA’s warranty which is not the actual case.

VCOOL > guaranteed for 5 years.

I have to say one big thanks as I am writing this email in your service center in sungai ara now with free internet access.

A BIG THANKS for that at lease as I am doing my office work remotely.

Attachments

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Unfortunately i suspect the salesman named Ken is the guy who is at fault here. I believe the money u paid to get the car tinted was done by him personally at some cheapo store somewhere.

I believe Mr Shukor knows what has been done by Ken and is trying to wriggle his way out of the situation.

Toyota customer service center? This letter isn't going to do much unless u get it to Consumer Tribunal too. Take pictures, get letters from 3rd part to access the problem. Then get even!

Shamanraj

Known Member
May 4, 2006
Yeah man, this kinda fellows alot here. Must teach them to respect the customers.

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
tell mr.ken,see u at tribunal court....
set a letter to toyota saying that u are going to see yr sales man in tribunal court....
confrim mr.ken will like wtf mann !!!!

edtvism

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
PJ
yea you have to get some press coverage or the consumer tribunal to get coporations moving. how good toyota are is just another million dolar advertising and promotion tag line.

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
how ??
did u manage to get that con sales-man or not ??

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
happen to me also...cz at 1st when i bought my Innova, i rewrap my seat to leather seat...There were two option..one is opt the original from Toyota or from externally Vcool or sumtin..hahaha....so i optet for the external cos its 200 bucks cheaper n was seduced by the salesman:biggrin: :biggrin: ....after install, i notice the second row seats were hard to be adjusted..at 1st din really care but till i broke the bracket or sumtin which cause the the lever the loosen..at service centre, the guy notice that the seat nut and bolt din align with the mark and he notice the leather seat different from the ori innova cz of some design difference...but afta some complainin n scolding i did, finally they did it for me..n luckilly its FOC....haha.btw, did mine in sec19..imagine if they charge me,...really:mad: :mad:

vics_85

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
Ipoh Mali
bro Shamanraj,

u can ask ur colleague to browse this website Selamat Datang ke Portal TTPM - Kenali TTPM is for tribunal filing...
i had juz done a file in jb branch which i was cheated by a no good SOB computer dealer. My hearing is on early of June.
hope this will help!!!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Toyota againka? their service sucks to the maxla. A lot of ex-owner of Toyota curse those in service center becos the sc lousy attitude problems.

andy_coupe

Known Member
Apr 30, 2006
London
www.zerotohundred.com
I think it still involves a lot of luck in your choice of car dealer shop and salesman. I always use a trusted Toyota salesman (you can PM me for his no. if required) and I must say that my Camry was amongst the most reliable cars that I had used for a long time.

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
actually, toyota cars are kinda reliable even if not the best...among other car manufacturer such as honda/proton/perodua dat i came across...toyota cars are ok..but their SC really sucks...even their CService getting bad to worst...:thefinger: ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,im planning to taking plunge of swapping 4G64 Evo engine
Any sifus2 here running one?What is the issues and problems?

Im targeting 400+ hp only.The engine already in running condition in my friend horse.
He plans to sell his car hence dekitting the engine which im planning to swap with my stock evo to this engine+top up cash.
Really appreciate sifus help:driver:

This is the engine spec
4G64 oem block
4G64 oem crankshaft
Bc rod
Hks cam
Bc cam spring
Cp 87mm piston
Acl bearing
Arp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience