Con man in PJ Area. beware.

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
This incident happens to me yesterday evening.

my car having problem starting up since the day before yesterday.
i've change to a new battery, and it works well until yesterday, the car broke down in front of traffic light around jalan universiti.

after waited there for 30 minutes, got 2 indian guy claimed themself is a foreman, and come to offer some help.

they push my car beside the road so not to block the traffic.

i just ask them to help me jump start my car and i'll pay some money if they will do that for me.
but they REFUSE to jump start, and within minutes, they tell me my alternator kong already.
and tell me they can fix it in 45 minutes and RM80 will finish the job.

Ok, i think sounds like a good deal, i gave them the job, and the "mechanic" guranteed me if my car cannot start, no CHARGE will incured!.

ok fine, they took my battery to recharge, then came back with the battery.
then my car can start already, then this idiot plug off the possitive terminal to show me that the alternator is not running. As the engine died immediately after the possible terminal unpluged.
they done this many times till the battery is week, and i cannot start my car anymore.

In the last resort, i gave in and let them fix my alternator. I don't wanna let them fix but my favourite mechanic is not free, and no one seems to be able to help me, and its getting late.

so i let them to fix, the alternator, they took my alternator, then left. 1 hour 30 minutes later they came back wif a "fixed" alternator they claim.
after installing the alternator, my car able to start again.
which is suppose to be a good news.
i happily give my RM80 to that guy, but he show me a receipt of RM285 !!
to my horror, RM80 ---> RM280 is very big amount.
they claim the alternator they get is new one, my one cannot be use fixed anymore.
then they tell me new alternator cost RM600+, this one they get from chop shop for RM280....
bloody hell, as if i dunno how much of a chop shop alternator cost. I always jalan kedai potong and a used 4g93 alternator only cost RM40!! so RM240 is for their motorbike petrol arr?? can go around malaysia already!

that's not it, they demand RM150 more for WORKMANSHIP.
that totals to RM435...
they somemore so cool, telling me give me RM15 discount!!! which ends up RM420...

i'm damn pissed, i called up my Relatives to come settle the case.
before they come, my engine die again, and cannot start!!
now they tell me its the alternator TAK KUAT. need charging!

As if i dunno how alternator works.... if the alternator is OK, it will CHARGE itself.
it doesn't need charging. only battery need charging. since battery is charge, wat else could go wrong other than another faulty alternator.

there goes an endless argument.
after my relatives arrive, they seems to scared abit.
all their fierce shouting to me and those lansi face suddently gone.

After a long argument, they willing to settle at Rm200 if my car can jump start.
or else no charge.
bloody fuck, of cuz my car can jump start.
battery is new wat.

after they took the money, left the scene, not even 5 minutes, the engine die again.
it clearly shows that the alternator not working at all!!

Then, i source help from my own mechanic, get a tow truck, and tow back to his workshop. and my car just fixed today wif good condition used alternator for only RM140 include workmanship.

So guys, bewary of any "nice" stranger that offer help to your broke down car.
I pay Rm200 nvm, i learn my lesson. i'm such a fool for not being calm...
After i told this story for a few frens. one of my fren mother also kena con at around federal highway before. and the con man is also Indian.
In fact, not only indians, there are many chinese, and also malay con man. some even foreigners. con man is all around us. disregard the color of their skin.

thanx for your time reading this.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
ooo...scary shit...i never let outsiders touch my car...i only let my foreman touch...though the car die in the middle of the road...i will ask my foreman for a tow truck and send the car back to his workshop...it is a bit more expensive but i am rest assured of their service...

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
hmmm...sori to hear that bro. anyway, luckily u managed to scare them away with backups.

Since we r in this topic, just to share mine with u all (hope u dun mind to tumpang ur thread). mine was a bit more luckier than urs. my clutch sleeve 'kong' before the LDP Puchong tol and I've to stop my car by the roadside. It was sunday morning and I couldn't get hold of my mechanic. Then a guy passed by with a bike and offer his help...also claimed that he's a mechanic. Told him my prob, and he left to get a new part somewhere in Jln Ipoh. He refused to tell me the price and sped off.

well, i've waited bout an hour and he came back and fixed the clutch sleeve. yet still refused to tell me the price. I've no choice but to risk it by letting him fixed without knowing the price as I was in hurry actually. All in order and he charged me RM200. well, sounds reasonable to me and i paid without nego anything.

So, what I was trying to say is... make your own judgement & desicion when a stranger offer helps from out of nowhere, not all are bad...and not all r good either. Just my opinions and advise... take care.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
these kind of suckers normally 'cari makan' at highway.....saw it quite number of times oledi....

by the way, it is suggested to cal frens/mech to lend u a hand when the car is broke down....

dun trust strangers....

Vlad

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Next time just call a tow truck.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Ask those two faggots to go and play with dogs. A brand new alternator with workmanship is only RM400. And a recond alternator with workmanship is only RM190.

Next time just ignore anyone you don't know, just call your insurance company.

Just hope that people like these will learn their lesson someday, hopefully they meet up with some gangsters with low profile, they will pay the price.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
tow truck also sometimes u have to becareful....
they might tow ur car to a "friend" workshop than u'll get chopped there.
Or if u insisted they tow back to ur own workshop; usually the charges would be very high...

anyway, my advise is; get to know a regular foreman...i.e. every servicing u done it there, get friendly with him. It'll help when u have problems with ur car....

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
put free gear ask friend that got SPORT CAR pull your car by attaching some ROPE on your car and his car

like RX8. STi, EVO or such got enuf HORSIE to pull both cars

jovi69

Known Member
Jan 14, 2006
KL
hi all.
just to share my experience.. callman not conman!!

this year on JAN my car broke down at somewhere Kajang, and i have no one to call help coz i hav not
much fren or mechanic fren in KL.. i can only wait for my fren to help me pull my car
back to my place using his HILUX(which we did before) and plan what gona do next. after a while there were callman stopped
and offer for help and check on those battery and bla bla....... after checking the callman said he unable to help
and this problem is out of his hand n he did offer me to tow my car with cheap price which is RM100 to their
workshop at Serdang.. that time i was damn blur and thinking not to disturb my fren coz the callman say he can send me
off after the tow trruck came..

so i was like .. aiya ok la..

the next day i went to pick my car and the mechanic told me the car brokedown was caused by the batery which he
did change it. in my mind is just a simple thing and why need to be tow.
ok i just paid it( batery and tow fees) and left.

When it comes to night the car broke again!!
i was like god.. being cheated...

and this time there is a nice guy (indian) he help me to just join some of the wires
and the car can be started..(just join the wire) which i know that most of the mechanic will
know this way to start up the car if emergency. i pay him RM20 for yumcha.. then he advise me need to
send to mechanic as soon as i can..

then the next day i send my car back to the same shop again thinking to let them check
as they have checked earlier and thinking they would not charge me anymore..

after few hours mechanic call me back say the car is fine now..can be picked up without saying whats wrong.
ok then i just go ahead to pick it up..

when i reach that shop i was like eh.. where is my car..
i asked the mechanic and what he told me was .. oh.. ur car he cant fix anything coz he is not
a wireman and he did send it to oposite shop which they do wiring..

i was like haiz.. again then ok lor..
went to the opposite wiring shop.. the young guy charge me RM290 for wiring..
and i dunno what the heck he checked.. and i only know that he remove everything from my car( alarm, timer,
gauge meter,........)

god.. i install everything and he remove all for me.. and say all those things are the cause of it.. and i was like
fcuk.. being fooled again... and i paid it and left......

to resolved this problem i had spend almost RM1k to fix it.. (how i settle this problem was change alternator)
thats it!!!
before i forgot
this workshop is located at serdang and the guy is driving a satria turbo(green n purple color). for those who stay in serdang have
to take note.!!

**sorry for the long story.. :P

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeah not all callmen or passerbys are conman...
I just wanted u guys to try and judge urself....sometimes gotto trust own instinct
anyway; sorry to listen to all sad stories....

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
yeah
i learn my lesson already, anything happens, i just go call my favourite mech associated tow truck.

that time, i tot i can save the RM80 for tow truck
now end up RM200 paying for NOTHING. NOTHING at all.
haihzz...
oh, the alternator that conman give me, is faulty too.
just work for a moment.
bloody hell....

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
maybe we could start a thread to pose trusted callmen in different area and ask the mod to stick it up.
but my contacts is usually I would phone my foremen and he would call the callman if needed.

jyth_82

Sep 10, 2006
well... its a common story... most ppl kena..

its most greenhorn like us whom kena... so, the onli advise if you break down at PLUS highway for e.g, is to get PLUS officials to tow ur car to the place where u have trusted mechanics..

IF, you or any other road or any other highway.. best is to go call for someone u know to rescue or ditch that ride and come another day with a trusted mechanic..

IF really no option, then have to be at this ppl's mercy.. have to be car-street-smart already... eats dog-eat-dog world!

Agl

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Outerspace
Visit site
That is why you need AAM ma. I know AAM is useless most of the time, but when it comes to emergency, their tow trucks are helpful. Not necessary tow to their panel workshop, ask them to tow the car to your mech's place, and guess what, it is free, just pay a few bucks for the AAM driver for minum kopi la.

Note: I'm not promoting AAM (they sucks big time, full of lazy fucks). Just to share my experience here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Japanese buyers of the latest Nissan GT-R will now be able to choose between six varieties of the GT-R after the firm launched faster and more luxurious models at the L.A. International Auto Show.

The list starts with the luxurious Egoist edition, a new Pure variant, a new Black variant with red recaro seats and different RAYS wheels, a Premium spec, Spec V and lastly, the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience