Comment about Hamilton

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
No doubt, Lewis Hamilton, 2 wins and 100% podium finish (up until today) make the rookie the hottest topic of F1 2007.

Many comments raised, just want to share some found in internet.

source:

Webber: Tyres favour Hamilton

04 July 2007

Mark Webber believes that Lewis Hamilton's competitiveness has been aided by the new Bridgestone tyres this season. More experienced drivers have had to adjust to the new specification whilst others like team-mate Fernando Alonso and Ferrari rival Kimi Raikkonen are still getting used to the jump from Michelin to Bridgestone rubber. Thus the Red Bull driver thinks that there has been an element of luck to Hamilton's current 14-point lead in the championship.

Webber told BBC Radio Five Live: "It has been very difficult for the guys who are seasoned campaigners to get used to these tyres. The cars are vastly different but that final feel for us in terms of the confidence. It's like a golf or tennis player all using the same rackets."

Both Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen have failed to meet expectations so far this season and have seemed to struggle at their new teams, McLaren and Ferrari, respectively. Both also have been racing Michelin-shod cars for the past five years, with Alonso experiencing Bridgestone for the first time this season.

Webber commented: "Lewis, his fresh and naïve approach, that's all he knows. Fernando has struggled big time on these tyres. And that's not an excuse and Fernando hasn't used it as one because it's up to us to get on top of it, Kimi is the same. But most of us have found it very frustrating."

However, Webber fell short of putting Hamilton's success down to the tyre situation and hailed his performance and potential.

He added: "Lewis has launched into here unquestionably a huge amount of talent and he has an amazing career ahead of him."
I don't buy this. Webber means Hamilton used to race in Formula Renault, Formula 3 and GP2 on his bare foot? :biggrin:

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Let's get this straight. Hamilton has bags of talent and a good, matured head on his shoulders.

That said, he has a few things going for him. He has been under McLaren's wings for quite some time and racing in GP2, which is remarkably close to F1, methinks, prepared him for the full on F1 experience. He's got quite some experience in racing and the craft. So, although he's a "rookie" in F1, he's a very well prepared rookie. The main difference he had to adapt was the more sophisticated and faster F1 cars. That jump, in performance, is the biggest thing he needed to conquer. And he has done that very well.

But we see the very talented shine straight off many times. Alonso, Kimi, Schumacher were all seriously fast in their early days. Kimi jumped into F1 right out of karting. What I think Hamilton has going for him that will probably make him World Champion soon enough is his remarkable consistency.

My 2 cents.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
you see, if McLaren know they are having a British champion in their stable, then why they paid 10million per year for that Spanish bloke?

think again.

Lewis has been magnificient so far, make no mistake about that. But his speed and achievements so far, has been unexpected by Ron Dennis and the whole McLaren Mercedes F1 team. everyone has been taken by suprise. a pleasant suprise it is.

and the victim here is Alonso. He moaned too much and being a spaniard in a british team, with a supposely second driver that is british taking podium finishes every race this year? that is too much on him.

and those British, you know lah. very biased. everything about British is always good. but Lewis has been a revelation this season. That is great, for him, for the team, and for F1.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I can't stop laughing when ever Alonso's comment about "British driver in a British team" theory surface. He must have forgot who is the British driver during Mika Hakkinen-David Coulthard era in McLaren, and who is actually Ron Dennis' flavourable driver.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
hamiltom have the skills and the luck on his side. Imagine putting him into the Mclaren last season. I wonder where will he be.. ;)

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
hamilton... it is too early to judge him... his performance up until now might be because of his confidence... luck... and furthermore.. he jumped straight to a top team when he entered Formula 1...

Kimi as far as i can say is already more or less demotivated by his several seasons in McLaren with reliability issues and many other things... Alonso might be still coping with his new team and the characteristics of his new car... maybe he did not have the influence of the car design like he does in Renault... so the car is not suiting his driving charecteristics as well as the Renault machinery... maybe even of the rumoured falvouritism game is actually happening and he is being sidelined... well... it is only for them to know and for us to keep on guessing...

it will definitely take a season or 2 to at least get me impressed with Hamilton... i think he is not fighting with the best form of both Kimi and Alonso in this season...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
what we can expect from hamilton this season? world championship? to me its not impossible. and thus beating alonso as the youngest F1 champion.

still, i wish Ferrari would get the Constructor's crown

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
what we can expect from hamilton this season? world championship? to me its not impossible. and thus beating alonso as the youngest F1 champion.

still, i wish Ferrari would get the Constructor's crown
if you ask me... i'd say only a 49% chance... i am sure the star and no.1 drivers would make a big effort to ensure they do not get outperformed...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
if you ask me... i'd say only a 49% chance... i am sure the star and no.1 drivers would make a big effort to ensure they do not get outperformed...
yes, the top 4 drivers would do anything to ensure their success, but as we passed mid-season, hamilton already leading the pack by 12 points.

alonso must buckle up now and start to win, win and win. otherwise, he can forget about his 3rd world championship crown.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
A couple of reasons why Alonso will not win his 3rd WDC.

Reason number one, is Hamilton. He leads by 12 pts and drives the same car for the same team having all the same advantages/disadvantages. And Hamilton is bloody consistent. That 12 pts will seem like a great big oak tree to chop down.

Number two, is Ferrari. Not only does Alonso have to deal with Hamilton, he has to deal with the prancing horse. And it works this way. When McLaren are superior, he'll have a tough time trying to hold of Hamilton and make inroads into that 12 pts gap because Hamilton will likely be on the podium with him. But when Ferrari are superior, they'll cut into the pts and he'll still not get much headway over Hamilton.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Hamilton?.....
he got the skills (but nothing close to schumi/aryton senna) and he's a lucky chap in a darn good team..

every bloke in the formula1 starts with an average team, but hamilton? hmmm he starts with one of the best 2 teams in F1, furthermore, its the NEW & ADVANCE TECHNOLOGICAL MILLENIUM...
so he got the head start...

if u compared him with kimi,alonso and massa.. yes, he got the edge, but its too early to judge on him...
both of the drivers r having problems with tyre issue and at the same time everybody expects them to bring on the title this year, while hamilton on the other hand looks like he is stress free....

damn, i wish schumi is still around...

Last edited:

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Hamilton?.....
he got the skills (but nothing close to schumi/aryton senna) and he's a lucky chap in a darn good team..

every bloke in the formula1 starts with an average team, but hamilton? hmmm he starts with one of the best 2 teams in F1, furthermore, its the NEW & ADVANCE TECHNOLOGICAL MILLENIUM...
so he got the head start...

if u compared him with kimi,alonso and massa.. yes, he got the edge, but its too early to judge on him...
both of the drivers r having problems with tyre issue and at the same time everybody expects them to bring on the title this year, while hamilton on the other hand looks like he is stress free....

damn, i wish schumi is still around...
Not every bloke start off with an average team.
Heikki Kovalainen started his career in Renault with was last year's champion.
And mind you that McLaren did not have a good season last year.
Many said that Alonso transfer to McLaren at the start of this year is a gamble.
No one ever know at the beginning of this year that McLaren will be one of the top team this season judging from their performance last year.
And Kovalainen was looked up higher than Hamilton in the beginning of the season as Kovalainen is replacing the world champion in the championship winning team.

Look forward.
As all the Tifosis wished that Schumi is still around, there are still many younger racers which some of them might be more talented than Schumi or probably Senna have yet to reach F1.
We must always give the young one a chance.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
daniel Lee,

what i meant by starting with the best team is referring to Mclaren and Ferrari..
they have been constant for the past 10-15yrs..
renault for example, they need that magic to charge the championship once in a while....

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Basically the idea is that Hamilton jumped right into a competitive, championship caliber car right in his debut year. He's rather lucky in that respect.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
Basically the idea is that Hamilton jumped right into a competitive, championship caliber car right in his debut year. He's rather lucky in that respect.
yup, thats rite...
n i dont think he cud do any better with other teams i.e honda, sauber, spyker etc..
99.9% lucky chap..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the title suggest.... keep a look out for the above vehicle.

Perodua Kelisa
White
PFW 6178

Noticeable Marks on Vehicle
Right Rear Lamp broken with white tape sticking to cover the hole.
Right Side Front & Rear Door slightly knocked.

Contact Mr.Lee 012-4192688 if you spot the car. Or alternatively call your nearest police station.

p/s: I'm just passing the information based on a close friend request. Thanks.

Vehicle was stolen in Penang.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience