coming back to Malaysia with my Evo X

hi hoongss, sorry as i am totally new to this openport thing.

my ride is Evo8MR, which items i will need to buy?
i will need to buy all 3 items as below ?
(1) Tactrix Openport 2.0 $169.00
(2) Mitsubishi Reflash Connector $11.00
(3) OBD2 Extension Cable $15.00

to connect the ecu to the laptop, i need to insert the "tactrix openport 2.0" to the OBDII, is it under the steering wheel ?

what software i need ? is it only "EcuFlash" i need which can be downloaded from the website? free of charge?

thanks in advance

You need 1. tactrix openport 2.0, and 2, mitsubishi reflash connector. you do not need the 3. obd2 extension cable.

tactrix plug to the obd2 under steering near the center console. reflash connector plug next to the obd2. if you see under ur steering, u will see two plug in evo 8 and evo 9..

ecuflash is free if you got the openport cable. ecuflash is a software for you to read and write your ecu.
then u will need evoscan or similiar software for you to log. evoscan i think is around $20. cant remember.

how about the risk if i mis-flash the ecu ? like..... suddenly laptop hangs or whatever....

happened to me once. but my car is evo x, not sure about other evos. i got the blue screen while flashing. so basically is when you are writing your ecu. ecuflash give command to ur ecu to stay in write mode so that it can do all the work, after it done writing, it will then exit the write mode. you wont be able to start your car while on this mode. so what happen to my car is i can put the ignition to on, and the car will turn on, but i could not start the engine. so in order to solve this, you got two methods.
the easy method... restart ur pc, and command ecuflash to stop write mode in ur car. i have no luck in this method...
the hard method... brick your ecu.. go google how to brick evo ecu.. it is PITA!

how about this one ?

"2GB microSD Card"
"Use this 2GB microSD card along with your Openport 2.0 for stand-alone logging. This particular item is a new Kingston 2GB microSD card in an anti-static bag, with no SD adapters or other materials."

can i use ecuflash to log ?

i heard that some tuner can set password to the ori ECU after flash, then other ppl will not be able to access to the ECU without the password, is it true?

ok. this is the deal. i finally decide to sell my car and get another evo x in Malaysia. The kastam only ask me for RM79,000 for the tax, but i do not like the procedure. To make long story short, can anyone get me a source to buy a Mitsubishi Evolution X with MANUAL transmission. I only want manual transmission. I know most evo in malaysia come with the MR package (SST). I prefer black or grey. If anyone got a source, please let me know. thanks

lotsa manual transmission Evo10 in malaysia. But all of them are recon unit.
New unit im not sure. AFAIK, only one unit that MMC brought over with manual transmission because the owner insisted in having manual and paid premium for it as well.

if u dun mind recon unit, go ahead mudah.my and start looking.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom