Clutch remedy !!!

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Hi fellow ZTHians,
I'm currently feeling the clutch slip on my Wira Sedan.My ride is just a standard one,
infact i changed my whole clutch approcimately 2 yrs back with orig Proton clutch.I may need to change the clutch this time again.Can all sifus suggest me beside orig Proton clutch which would be an ideal and better performance than the orig Proton clutch.issit Mitsu clutch or Exedy ( not the performance 1 ) or u guys have any othr brands.BTW what's the price likely.
Appreciate yr feedbacks,Bros....btw mine is the Wira 1.5 manual

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
he he.....any brand thats not proton one (of course exedy or mitsu). not to 'taruk' la, but thats the truth......

mitsu one should cost not more than rm 350- full set

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
it's either you get the mitsu one or another brand 'pharoah' i think

but it began with 'p'

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
igor30 said:
Hi fellow ZTHians,
I'm currently feeling the clutch slip on my Wira Sedan.My ride is just a standard one,
infact i changed my whole clutch approcimately 2 yrs back with orig Proton clutch.I may need to change the clutch this time again.Can all sifus suggest me beside orig Proton clutch which would be an ideal and better performance than the orig Proton clutch.issit Mitsu clutch or Exedy ( not the performance 1 ) or u guys have any othr brands.BTW what's the price likely.
Appreciate yr feedbacks,Bros....btw mine is the Wira 1.5 manual
If u want to maintain stock pedal feel ( comfort ) and yet want a clutch with better grip and last longer... u may want to try to match your stock standard Clutch Cover/Pressure Plate with a cerametalic clutch pad/disc like Triniti.

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Where can I get the Triniti clutch bro.Can I get it in any sparepart shop..what's the price range likely bro.My car is Wira 1.5 manual.

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
And the 'Paraut ' as well,where can i buy this ??Btw is this brand frm Japan.What's da price likely bro...

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
If ya still wanna retain the comfort feel, stick with the OEM ones. But if you want more bite and a sore leg for the next month then get something more performance orientated. Like Exedy? mine cost like 900 for a single plate and it hurts like hell to move in first. But after awhile you get used to it.

Good thing is that your friend' wouldn't wanna drive your car after that cause it's so hard to drive LOL

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Lepakboy said:
If ya still wanna retain the comfort feel, stick with the OEM ones. But if you want more bite and a sore leg for the next month then get something more performance orientated. Like Exedy? mine cost like 900 for a single plate and it hurts like hell to move in first. But after awhile you get used to it.

Good thing is that your friend' wouldn't wanna drive your car after that cause it's so hard to drive LOL
Thanks 4 d feedback bro..last time I went to a mech shop and saw this banner of Exedy clutch ( not the performance 1 ).And that price was about RM 380 per set.I guess that's the OEM Exedy perhaps and the mech himself recommended these stuff is better that the Proton OEM...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
cheaper alternative will be using the 1.6 clutch (8") on the 1.5.

Three holes need to be drilled on the flywheel.

FYI, original Proton clutches are from Exedy (DAIKIN) Malaysia.

Last edited:

igor30

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
drexchan said:
cheaper alternative will be using the 1.6 clutch (8") on the 1.5.

Three holes need to be drilled on the flywheel.

FYI, original Proton clutches are from Exedy (DAIKIN) Malaysia.
Alrite..thanks bro...well price not quite a matter for me..my budget is RM 400-500 for a set.May I get some good set on this price range..How about the mitsu clutch ..or any othr brand will do..the important is a good performance..quality and good lasting,bro..suggestion..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have seen many ppl actually change their engines once their crankshaft breaks, mostly related to campro engines

so my question here is, does the broken crankshaft actually damage the engine block once its break and render the engine useless or these ppl here just wan to get rid of the campro engine and swap for a mitsubishi engine while actually the crankshaft can be just replaced and the existing engine works as fine?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience